Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

What are the conditions to get Grimm's Crossing back to Matchmaking ?

What are the conditions to get Grimm's Crossing back to Matchmaking ?

Either way 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 Blitz Mode. Or all Options available and you can choose which one you like on this map.

Really, public games isn't a cool alternative...

I used to do a lot of 3v3 grimm matchmaking back then so bad the mode is no longer on the audience and horrible the number of quitting rage and waiting and endless.
I hope that one day there will be a return of this map.
On 10/8/2020 at 5:22 PM, Poseidon said:

Host a 5v5 on Watchtower. I'd play

Or pull up Darkwood Vale. Classic.

• Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

in classic the grimmcrossing map if you already put it in matchmaking, redo the buildings to have towers with more life would already be good because currently a team pusher a genocide and you lose the tower + a really painful barracks.

• Like 1
On 10/12/2020 at 10:43 PM, PantyBandit` said:

I'd play grimms. If the wait time is an issue, just let me select all modes (mw, caldaver, grimms) simultaneusly for queue and we're all set.

Your idea is similar to what has been suggested here

I really like that idea. It is the only way to reduce Q times and enable people to play the game mode they want without hosted games. However ElementUser said this is not possible.

I am no expert in programming, but I think it is not something that would need that much work to get implemented.

I would definitely donate a huge sum for making this happen ?

If u wanna play these kind of maps there's usually a bunch of us playing them while the update is being put in. Though we usually play stuff like blitz mode and rift mode on them. å 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, Mr`Cactus said:

20k players

This basically nailed it.

Maps are loaded before queuing.  They're not going to fiddle with that just to put Grimms back.  And could you imagine the wait time once HoN has found you a game?

It might be more possible to pick some peak time of the week, say Saturday evening, and have Grimms open for a couple of hours.  Rotate with Devo Wars and some of the other crazy maps maybe.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, NubbyMcNub said:

It might be more possible to pick some peak time of the week, say Saturday evening, and have Grimms open for a couple of hours.  Rotate with Devo Wars and some of the other crazy maps maybe.

I like this idea, except I wouldn't limit it to a particular time of the day so both NA and EU are happy, Saturday and/or Sunday. Team deathmatch and CTF are my favourite 'minigames'.