HoN Avatar Manager

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[WIP] HoN Avatar Manager Latest release: 0.1.10 Content About How it works How to install How to update How to run Examples Links About

Hey, @Fox`Tail. Sorry I'm late to reply. Actually @Anakonda has already answered your question. In short, the number of animations and their order in the avatar model.mdf should be the same as in

@Mr`CactusMy main priority right now is to finish the avatar related work (there are still many broken animations and stuff that needs to be managed), but the announcer features is definitely somethin

Hey, @Fox`Tail. Sorry I'm late to reply.
Actually @Anakonda has already answered your question.
In short, the number of animations and their order in the avatar model.mdf should be the same as in the original model.mdf.
For example, you want to replace the default Swiftbalde model with an Avatar model (alt14).
Default Swiftbalde model.mdf contains 21 animations in the following order:
"idle"    
"portrait"    
"item_1"    
"ability_1_start"
"ability_1"
"ability_1_attack
"ability_2"
"ability_2_ranged"
"ability_3"
"ability_4_attack1"
"ability_4_attack2"
"ability_4_attack3"
"ability_4_attack4"
"attack_1"
"attack_2"
"walk_1"
"bored_1"
"taunt_1"
"death_1"
"knock_1"
"getup_1"

However, Avatar model (alt14) model.mdf contains only 19 animations in the following order:
"idle"
"portrait"
"item_1"
"ability_1_start"
"ability_1"
"ability_1_attack"
"ability_2_ranged"
"ability_3"
"ability_4_attack1"
"ability_4_attack2"
"ability_4_attack3"
"ability_4_attack4"
"attack_1"
"attack_2"
"walk_1"
"bored_1"
"taunt_1"
"death_1"
"knock_1"

If you just replace Default Swiftbalde model.mdf with Avatar model (alt14) model.mdf, the animations will not play correctly.
To avoid these problems, you need to add the missing animations "ability_2" and "knock_1", placing them in the same order as they go in Default Swiftbalde model.mdf.
For missing "knock_1", "getup_1" and "bored_1" animations "idle" animation is usually used. 
For missing "taunt_1" animation "attack_*" animation is usually used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, Fox`Tail said:

Thanks,@RedBear that's very helpful! With this much info I'm pretty sure that I will be able to fix those animation problems for the 0.1.7 release 🙂

Hi! Are you still working on this mod?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, can u please fix Doctor repulsor animation with the Gamer Repulsor Skin? Thanks, if not if anyone knows how to fix the problem i apreciate it, also bubles is broken, u cant surf with the other skins!! ;D

6 hours ago, Almoguera said:

Hi, can u please fix Doctor repulsor animation with the Gamer Repulsor Skin? Thanks, if not if anyone knows how to fix the problem i apreciate it, also bubles is broken, u cant surf with the other skins!! ;D

My post above talks about how to fix the animation problem.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, RedBear said:

My post above talks about how to fix the animation problem.

but it dosent tell me where to find those archives and how to change it :S

happens the same with solstice

6 hours ago, Almoguera said:

but it dosent tell me where to find those archives and how to change it :S

1. `resources_%heroname%.s2z` file into a `/game` HoN directory.

2. Open `resources_%heroname%.s2z` file using any archiver and follow the instructions in my post above.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, RedBear said:

1. `resources_%heroname%.s2z` file into a `/game` HoN directory.

2. Open `resources_%heroname%.s2z` file using any archiver and follow the instructions in my post above.

Im sorry red bear, but i have no idea what to do..... thanks for trying

• Sad 1

Hello, thank you very much for making this. But I find it not working properly. It does not create the correct avatar with the name we typed in some heroes. Can you fix it or not?

It turned into another avatar = Magmoose.

Im Having this problem with Forsaken Archer and Devourer

Set-HeroAvatar: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

No idea why, this dosent happen with the other Heros if anyone has the solution to the problem it would be very useful,

THANKS

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, I know it's been a long time, but I want to announce that I'm continuing working on this project.

Right now my main priority is to test avatars and see what issues that we have. You could track the progress on https://github.com/Semptra/HoNAvatarManager/issues/5

For now, I found a weird issue with Aluna avatars, particularly with "Aluna Red Riding Hood". When using an ulti, during its period your inventory became closed (you cannot see your items, but still can use them using key bindings). @RedBear @ElementUser maybe you guys could help me this one. What could cause this problem? Thanks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

About the releases - I will do them after testing a portion of avatars. About 10 heroes at a time will do it for me. So, the next release will be during the next week (probably).

Thank you for all the issues and feedback!

Edited by Fox`Tail
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Fox`Tail said:

Hi everyone, I know it's been a long time, but I want to announce that I'm continuing working on this project.

Right now my main priority is to test avatars and see what issues that we have. You could track the progress on https://github.com/Semptra/HoNAvatarManager/issues/5

For now, I found a weird issue with Aluna avatars, particularly with "Aluna Red Riding Hood". When using an ulti, during its period your inventory became closed (you cannot see your items, but still can use them using key bindings). @RedBear @ElementUser maybe you guys could help me this one. What could cause this problem? Thanks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

About the releases - I will do them after testing a portion of avatars. About 10 heroes at a time will do it for me. So, the next release will be during the next week (probably).

Thank you for all the issues and feedback!

Check the hero.entity file and make sure everything is correct there

On 5/13/2021 at 6:47 AM, Fox`Tail said:

Sorry, but I don't have the psychic ability to figure out what you did wrong. I need your mod file so I can try to help you.

I recently had to work with a mod (resources_Hammerstorm.s2z) made by your program, and I would like to say a few words about it:

1. Your program leaves too many junk files that exponentially increase the likelihood of errors and game crashes.

bGcDwwz.png

On the left is a mod made by me (https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdc8y7bqz01n473/locksmasher.honmod?dl=0).

On the right is the mod made by your program with many junk files.

2. Your program has incorrectly copied the avatar's data inside hero.entity (lines 97 and 98)

modpriority="1"
  altavatar="true"

These lines should not be inside the hero's data.

Hello everyone! Today I've decided to create a Discord server for this project where you could see all the news and releases as well as post any questions or suggestions and get a quick response by me. However, I will still post all the updates on this topic.

Link - https://discord.gg/99XD9zB3

New Release: 0.1.8

What's new

• Updated multiple parsers. This will affect the result size of resources file (should be much smaller now) and also improve avatars quality and stability (thanks to @RedBear).
  • Added Serilog logger. When executing Set-HeroAvatar cmdlet the output will now be more verbose.
  • Tested and fixed avatars for the following heroes: Devourer, Aluna, Monkey King, Pebbles.
  • Set-HeroAvatarUnpacked cmdlet is currently disabled.

How to update

1. Run PowerShell Core as Administrator
  2. Run `Install-Module HoNAvatarManager -Force`

Join the new HoN Avatar Manager Discord server where you can ask any questions about the program and get live help if something is not working for you.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, kaboomking said:

idk if publishing that animations arent working here would help but malikens animation isn't working well and can't seem to get any avatars working for magmus or swiftblade.. thanks for your hard work!

Magmus and Swiftblade should be fixed now. Working of Maliken for the next release.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:17 AM, kaboomking said:

hey im having problems getting this to work.. is there anyway you would be able to make a video that would be really helpful.. thanks in advance and can't wait to use it. Or even more specific instructions for example giving us the command for using a certain avatar for reference. 

Hey, I've uploaded a video guide, check out the first topic message.

Posted (edited)

New Release: 0.1.10

What's new

• Added simple telemetry. Telemetry is enabled by default and will only send data about executing Set-HeroAvatar (e.g. Hero and Avatar parameters) as well as any exception that might appear during the cmdlet execution. No personal data is being sent. This should allow me to track any issues and fix them faster. This will also add about 1-2 seconds to the total execution time, so it might run a little bit slower. You could disable the telemetry at any time by executing Disable-HoNAvatarManagerTelemetry. If you're still think that it might sent some personal data, feel free to inspect the code and make any suggestions about the current implementation. Or you could just disable it.
  • Added gadget.entity parser back. This should fix avatar ability models such as Behemoth's Fissure.
  • Fixed Set-HoNPath cmdlet. Now it will no longer clear your x64 HoN path when setting x32 path and wise versa.
  • Tested and fixed avatars for the following heroes: Behemoth, Forsaken Archer.

How to update

1. Run PowerShell Core as Administrator
  2. Run Install-Module HoNAvatarManager -Force
Edited by Fox`Tail
0.1.10 Hotfix

Hi everyone! I want to gather some feedback about the program. Recently I got myself familiar with .honmod and a new updated HoN Mod Manager, so I have an idea of maybe making a prebuild version of all avatars compatible with the Mod Manager (e.g. .honmod files instead of resources.s2z). This way each avatar could be downloaded separately and set using the manager. I just want to know which way is more convenient for most of the users, current (using the PowerShell module or a separate UI that will be added later) or Mod Manager (existing UI, but each avatar needs to be downloaded separately).

• Like 1