Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

CON season donate

heyy , i`ll donate a nice amount If cash of we get a new season of con witht he 1250 mmr back in place or just a new season 

grappie 

let`s see of you can still do stuff FROSTBURN !

Edited by veldskoen
MEH

Meh, typical bark no bite (I meant your statement about donating a good amount of cash). At least you could comment this thread below instead of making new one:

Edited by datfizh
clarify something
3 hours ago, veldskoen said:

let`s see of you can still do stuff FROSTBURN !

FB can certainly do stuff - however their decisions are lead by what's best for HoN (in their opinion, in case you disagree).
Donations are only to speed things up and maybe to change the order they are doing them, not to change things entirely. I guess that could change if you put 7 digits dollars on the table, but I doubt it's even 4 digits.

Creating a new season is indeed a little effort, but that's not the primary reason why they stopped making them.
Seasons ruin balance - basically to the point where you can just scrap the entire system (my words, not theirs).

2 hours ago, JungleTBmeta said:

No, we are slowly getting back to healthy ranks, why would you ever want to reset again?   

I think what he wants to say (and what i aIso observed) is that there is no more bronze ranked pIayers this season. Because every1 started at 1500 (instead of 1250) and onIy Ioses a max of 15mmr per pIacement game Ioss aII the former bronze pIayers are now 1410 mmr (which is siIver something). A former 1300 with 2 Iucky pIacement wins is now 1600mmr. You can do the math how many games 1 has to Iose/ruin to drop from 1600 to 1300mmr.

Anyways, I have mixxed feeIings about it. On one side season resets gave some refreshing wind into the ranks on the other side having an infinite season makes you wanna grind ranks more since u can keep it.

tI;dr OP has a point in my opinion but wheter its good or bad for the game in generaI I can not say.

it`s just alot of my lower ranked mates hate the new balance they are faced with way stronger and better oponents as the bronze and silver has merged and it`s kinda unfair on them 

i`d like a new season 

maybe a season a year 

13 hours ago, Froschbein said:

I think what he wants to say (and what i aIso observed) is that there is no more bronze ranked pIayers this season. Because every1 started at 1500 (instead of 1250) and onIy Ioses a max of 15mmr per pIacement game Ioss aII the former bronze pIayers are now 1410 mmr (which is siIver something). A former 1300 with 2 Iucky pIacement wins is now 1600mmr. You can do the math how many games 1 has to Iose/ruin to drop from 1600 to 1300mmr.

Anyways, I have mixxed feeIings about it. On one side season resets gave some refreshing wind into the ranks on the other side having an infinite season makes you wanna grind ranks more since u can keep it.

tI;dr OP has a point in my opinion but wheter its good or bad for the game in generaI I can not say.

Ah I didn't know that. I did hear someone mention they "nerfed smurfing" which I guess is why you can't lose a lot of points  (So many people would throw/leave the first 6 games, etc).   I just think we have more to lose than to gain with a total reset, but I guess it can be rough for the actual bronze players