Artillery Rework Suggestion

Besides current state of Artillery, there are proposed changes:

• Homing Missile is changed into a basic ability:
    • Has 20/18/16/14 seconds cooldown, 1100 cast range, 300 radius, 75 mana cost. 1100 missile speed. Can be cast while channeling.
    • Sends a homing missile to each visible enemy unit in target position after 1.5 seconds delay, dealing 100/140/180/220 Magic Damage and applying 40% Movement Speed Slow for 1 second to enemy unit it targets.
    • Duration of Movement Speed Slow is increased by 0.1 second per 100 distance the missile has traveled.
    • The missile also deals 20 Magic Damage to enemy units around upon hitting the target.
    • The radius of damage to enemies around is increased by 25/40/55/70 per 100 distance the missile has traveled, up to 275/440/605/770 radius.
    • The marker of homing missile on target is visible to both ally and enemy and the marker provides 150 range of clear vision to Artillery and his allies.
    • The missile leaves 150 range of clear vision for 1.5 seconds upon travel.
    • The missile leaves up to 300/465/630/795 range of clear vision for 3 seconds upon impact.
    • The missile is disjoint-able with similar behavior as Hammerstorm's 1st ability.
  • Mortar Strike is changed into a passive ability:
    • Any non-DoT damage from Artillery applies a charge of Mortar Strike on enemy unit for 8 seconds.
    • The next non-DoT damage from Artillery consumes all charges if the enemy unit has 4 charges applied on them, sending a Mortar with 1.5 second travel time to them.
    • The Mortar deals 20/35/50/65 Magic Damage and applies 10/14/18/22% Movement Speed Slow for 3 seconds to target.
    • The Mortar leaves a 150 clear vision to its destination upon hit the target for 2.5 seconds.
  • Artillery Barrage is reintroduced as an ultimate ability:
    • Has 160/140/120 seconds cooldown, 1100 cast range, 350 radius, 125/150/175 mana cost. Can be cast while channeling.
    • Targets an area to fire it for 2 seconds with 3 Artillery Barrages to random visible enemy units at the start of the cast and every second, dealing 100/135/170 Magic Damage. The barrages can hit the same target at one time but they prioritize to hit enemy unit untargeted by another barrage yet in radius.
    • The area also grants 400 range of clear radius for 3.5 seconds.
    • Staff of the Master: The barrage frequency is reduced to 0.6 second, and the duration of barrage is increased to 3 seconds.

Thought Process:

• Homing Missile is currently an ability hard to be countered so changing it to basic ability opens up the mechanic to counter it.
  • The passive is changed because the current passive is a filler with annoying mechanic to be dealt against.
  • The ultimate is designed to work well with the passive, so do all proposed abilities.
Edited by datfizh
Removing LRM change

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

On 9/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lifewaster said:

my suggestion would be move down his Q Damage.

All a art does in any game is staying in the back and fire his q and kill most of the players before
they can reach him. That is so boring and one of the reasons hes OP as hell in MW

Well, I think what I suggested is already pretty much alleviating the issue you brought up.

Also, I think what makes Artillery annoying are his passive and ultimate instead of his first ability because his passive guarantees him to get safe distance in addition to apply slow from afar and his ultimate forces his opponent to be closer to his team or just flee away to be caught up later by his team.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com