Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Goldenveil is awesome. I'm absolutely loving his new Plunge and Perch and I just think he flows really well, you never know when he might jump and strike or fly immediately into a tree.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

55 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

I bet you picked him just to try him out without considering the enemy team composition or if Qi would actually be a good hero against them, right?

The Answer is : Both. 

Since i want to play Qi, I try to avoid 1st pick, but there is a game where my team didn't show pick any hero, i have no choice but to pick him 1st because i was in blue spot.

But even in a game i last pick Qi and The other team have MK, Maliken, solstice. The resuit is still dispointment

The problem is his Early phase: A support with a weak slow, long cooldown and drain mana more than WS, Polly ??. E cost 50 mana, lol ?

HoN SEA Player

Nice to see the change in the spawn location for Merrick's rune, but:

1) Can you make it invulnerable?
2) Can you make the throne regenerate faster? It's still very anticlimatic to win by chipping away at the throne, as opposed to winning a teamfight first.

22 hours ago, DesoZaKiddo said:

Remove the Mana Cost on Accursed's, @ElementUser, Cauterize and you will see a huge improvement on the hero. Satisfaction Guarantee!! Less Frustration

Yeah this is a no from me dawg. Cauterize is already really strong; and honestly we don't need another Amun-Ra.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

22 hours ago, DesoZaKiddo said:

Remove the Mana Cost on Accursed's, @ElementUser, Cauterize and you will see a huge improvement on the hero. Satisfaction Guarantee!! Less Frustration

I don't think you remember the days of old Deadlift E that costed only Health to cast. You're pretty much bringing back infinite harass if you do that, because HP regen is way easier to obtain than Mana regen.

22 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

have you played against it in the past?

yes, i have. Back then, red pots doesnt have a cd and acc spam skill 1 and use red pots when hp is low iirc, i believe it wont be a problem now. Given that your lane mate knows "how to..." acc isnt pain to play against....

Backdoor armour buff is appreciated.  Was going to call for it after a 25 min staffed MOA with 3 dmg items was able to BD (Midwars).  Might need to go up a bit more and we definitely need it on T2.

Not fussed about the AFK timer but it sometimes gives weird warning since previous patch.  We really need the MMR hit to come in earlier (2 mins after kick?).

Haven't noticed a difference with respawn timer changes.

I don't play Caldavar so not qualified to comment on balance, but I like Bush now has sighting with SoTM.
The Lode SoTM shift is one a friend and I were calling for, so that's great.
QI rework makes sense, can't speak to balance.
DM rework looks fun but not seen anyone use him yet.

The mana cost on Qi's E is a burden.  Should be free in my opinion.  The scaling mana upkeep for hat is enough.  Right now it feels bad to reposition hat early game, since you're spending 50 mana to get about an extra 50 damage worth of contact time.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, MacroHard said:

The mana cost on Qi's E is a burden.  Should be free in my opinion.  The scaling mana upkeep for hat is enough.  Right now it feels bad to reposition hat early game, since you're spending 50 mana to get about an extra 50 damage worth of contact time.

I can agree with this. After going through a few times with him, E is basically a non-factor early on.

Also is Nome's supposed to work on Hat's Mana Drain? I remember it not working on similar heroes before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ? Is there possibility for the next patch to fix consuming of Ophelia's Pact? Why hero has to stop to consume it? I almost always take quest and click to support to go somewhere, but as soon as I consume quest, hero stays at current position. 

Also, is there possibility to add on hover progress tracking of things that are finished in quest? for example wards 1/3 or camps 3/5 etc..... 

Edited by dushajni