Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Just a small suggestion to improve the quality of the games with less toxicity and less people fighting for mid in every single match.

Add an option to select a role you wanna play before entering the match so nobody would fight for mid or carry .. etc.

So, is it like choosing a role first before queuing the matchmaking? If it is, that probably works to player that doesn't pay attention to team chat. Other than that, I don't think the problem will be completely solved.

10 hours ago, datfizh said:

So, is it like choosing a role first before queuing the matchmaking? If it is, that probably works to player that doesn't pay attention to team chat. Other than that, I don't think the problem will be completely solved.

That doesn't make sense.

Most of  my games are full of kids fighting with each other since picking phase because they wanna play the same role.
And most people won't pick support if the other teammates did not.

It's not fun having 2 junglers and "CC 15 ffs" every game.

1 minute ago, DArKX said:

That doesn't make sense.

Most of  my games are full of kids fighting with each other since picking phase because they wanna play the same role.
And most people won't pick support if the other teammates did not.

It's not fun having 2 junglers and "CC 15 ffs" every game.

Then, your suggestion doesn't seem work. Or perhaps is there something I missed?

4 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Then, your suggestion doesn't seem work. Or perhaps is there something I missed?

From a Dota2 player, it works trust me.
You won't see any more people fighting over mid, or someone throwing because he did not play the role he wanted.

Just now, DArKX said:

You won't see any more people fighting over mid, or someone throwing because he did not play the role he wanted.

Could you put into detail how the mechanic works?

From my understanding, these what the sequences you suggested look like on my mind:

• you pick your role before the queue into the game (say I pick mid role).
  • queueing to get a match by matching other players with different roles. (hope not everyone pick mid/carry role at the time you queue).
  • profit (spent a long time to get all the roles filled in one team if you're less lucky).

From my example, the possible problem is even longer queue time someone needs to get into the game, excluding the players playing as solo/team or the hour of the game filled with players. I could be wrong on my statement.

The queue doesn't have to be longer, and this could be only addition to a current que system so in theory you would get less games where people fight over the lanes not entirely get rid of them

This is definitely one of great mechanics that Dota have (and not only dota)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Shoy said:

The queue doesn't have to be longer, and this could be only addition to a current que system so in theory you would get less games where people fight over the lanes not entirely get rid of them

This is definitely one of great mechanics that Dota have (and not only dota)

So, that's just optional then if the system can't manage to give different roles to one team, isn't it? Seems great. Hope the donation also covers this feature later.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, datfizh said:

From my understanding, these what the sequences you suggested look like on my mind:

• queueing to get a match by matching other players with different roles. (hope not everyone pick mid/carry role at the time you queue).
  • profit (spent a long time to get all the roles filled in one team if you're less lucky).

From my example, the possible problem is even longer queue time someone needs to get into the game, excluding the players playing as solo/team or the hour of the game filled with players. I could be wrong on my statement.

Well you're totally right of getting a long time to get in game but you will play a total clean game with less toxicity in it.

And there could be an option with Classic ranked which is the current match making find system and that can solve the issue!

22 hours ago, datfizh said:

So, that's just optional then if the system can't manage to give different roles to one team, isn't it? Seems great. Hope the donation also covers this feature later.

Yes indeed, it is just an option which you can either use it or play the classic match making with out choosing roles.

2 hours ago, DArKX said:

Yes indeed, it is just an option which you can either use it or play the classic match making with out choosing roles.

The thing is, the players will split and I'm afraid most people will still choose classic match over roles option so why even bother implement this.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:56 AM, datfizh said:

The thing is, the players will split and I'm afraid most people will still choose classic match over roles option so why even bother implement this.

Not really.

When people see how effective this thing is, they will for sure not choose the classic ranked.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:36 AM, datfizh said:

In Dota 2 you choose which role you are going to be queuing (can be all of the roles, can be one, etc) and if a person isn't playing his role then you can report him for that reason. It's a pretty good system, makes people fight over mid/carry less. I use chat all the time to type that I am mid and I still get people who type after me who just go mid for no reason, this reporting system would disincentive people from doing this. Maybe not even implement a role system but just a reporting option if someone steals a lane and it would be easy to check because it's always the beginning of the game.

No. Because you can lie. And some of these 2.5kdr 0.1 ward, 35% winrate people would lie, just to get into a game faster and then still claim mid. This would unhinge games even further as let's say they picked support and nobody else did and now there's certainly no support. 

And people can "carry" or attempt to carry or mid with support heroes. 

Look this is just how it works. HoN has taught me so much about human nature its crazy.  Some people are just scum. Others have blown egos. Further others just enjoy the the position and do not want to depend on someone else for success on their lane. 

Research shows the majority of people think they are better than the average driver. 

Tis life. 

11 hours ago, Ondis said:

No. Because you can lie. And some of these 2.5kdr 0.1 ward, 35% winrate people would lie, just to get into a game faster and then still claim mid. This would unhinge games even further as let's say they picked support and nobody else did and now there's certainly no support. 

And people can "carry" or attempt to carry or mid with support heroes. 

Look this is just how it works. HoN has taught me so much about human nature its crazy.  Some people are just scum. Others have blown egos. Further others just enjoy the the position and do not want to depend on someone else for success on their lane. 

Research shows the majority of people think they are better than the average driver. 

Tis life. 

This can be easily handled by putting a punishment on people who don't play their picked role.

There could be a special report as "Didn't play selected role" and they can also apply a bigger punishment than just 1-2 days ban and that will stop these trolls from not playing the selected role.

Mid. Is. Not. A. Role.

It is a position that can be played by any role such as a ganker or pusher or carry or initiator or whatever.

This drives me up the wall every time.

With this system I queue up as a mid but I have the intention of playing Balphagore, what do you think the reactions from players would be to this revelation? 

Edited by Hubaris
  • Thanks 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

11 hours ago, DArKX said:

This can be easily handled by putting a punishment on people who don't play their picked role.

There could be a special report as "Didn't play selected role" and they can also apply a bigger punishment than just 1-2 days ban and that will stop these trolls from not playing the selected role.

No it fucking cant, we're literally talking about an issue that in of itself can be punished either if they avoid AFK by faking AFK today through the report system or if they actually afk through the disconnect system. That's like going in circles. 

Also frankly I dont think anyone wants to be pre-barred from picking roles, especially in higher MMR where the partly arbitrary classifications of the developers may not suit the lineup or the enemy team.

Edited by Ondis
On 9/27/2020 at 5:27 PM, Ondis said:

In which, accurate prediction IMHO ,it will happen. Faster queues? YES!! Moar toxicity? Totally YES!!. We are impatient and HoN driven us to be, its a fast paced game, arent we? Play now, suffer later.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, DArKX said:

It works on DOTA2 but not here in HoN. With limited resources and time, its a no-no.

_____
I have a better idea! Force the players to do the objective of the game. Implement it as a some kind of Quest mode, for now. Decent Players will be greatly rewarded otherwise, suffer less while trolls, KD farmer, and manchildren will suffer dramaticaly.

ex.

Deal x amount of damage to Enemy Buldings
Obtain x Assist
Obtain x Deny
Use x Revelation/Observer Wards near certain locations (to prevent trolling)
Reach a total of X Damage to enemies
etc

finishing the quest reduce the amount of mmr if lose otherwise increase if win.

Edited by DesoZaKiddo
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ondis said:

The reason people want this is not faster games. So no.

Well what's the point if you can find a fast game but having trolls , trash talkers , two people fighting for the same role every game?
I think that worth waiting a little bit more.
And my suggestion is to add this as an "option" so you can still find a game using the classic system.

Edited by DArKX