Game Master - Community Position

Fellow Newerthians,

We are currently hiring more volunteers for the position Game Master. In this thread, you will find all the vital information you will need in case you are interested. So let's get started!

What does a Game Master do?

Game Masters are mostly responsible to keep the community clean from all kinds of toxic behavior in game to ensure overall enjoyment of the game. You would mostly review replays of reported players that were made via the RAP (Report a player) system. Upon acceptance, you would start your trial period in which you learn all the basics that you will need to make fair judgment calls in accordance to our guidelines. After evaluation of your judgment, and with the blessing of Sols, you will become a GM.

What are the perks of being a Game Master?

As mentioned, this is a volunteer position, so it is not paid like a regular job. However, you will be able to purchase in-game perks as avatars, chat colors, chat symbols and pretty much anything in the store for all your hard work (including some exclusive products not available for sale anymore). After being promoted to GM you will receive a shiny GM badge and maroon name color. 

What are the requirements?

You will need the willingness and time to learn, as well as good English reading and writing skills. The journey is hard at times, but it repays in keeping the community clean. If you have been recently suspended, then you might want to apply later on. In the trial period, you will need to spend a bit more time on GM duties than usual, but after promotion it usually takes about 3-5 hours per week to fulfill your duties. Overall understanding of what is griefing is very welcomed and can be found here

Where do I begin?

Great! You can apply via this Application. Please take your time and answer as best as you can. After acceptance you will be contacted via Discord, so make sure your Discord tag is the correct one. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in the Official HoN Discord channel (https://heroesofnewerth.com/discord), or PM me here on the forums. Good luck and hope to see you soon!

Best wishes,

[FB] Narandea

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Narandea locked and unlocked this topic
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would just like to point out that the link to the discord server is giving an error.  I've tried both from the link in this thread and also the initial welcome page.

spacer.png

Edited by Boochie

you are the last applicant to get in 😄 good luck, we will review the applications shortly, however it might take some time to contact you all since there was a huge interest, thank you once again and hope to see you soon on the other side ❤️

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello again,

the application form for the GM position is opened once again. So if you are interested please use the Application link in the original post and give it your best shot! Good luck to all applicants!

I tried the invite link for the discord server but it still says invalid link. Went through the link provided here then.

Anyways, i applied for the position 🙂

Edited by Yinn
  • 1 month later...