Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
`Tusk`

Let us keep supporting HoN in everyway possible, this game has survived every attempt to kill it and still lives on, this game is a real life Super Saiyan

HoN is still super duper cool and the playerbase shows this game has potential lots of it, the game needs better management some new skins so they can rake in some money, Element User confirmed something is on the radar but no ETA on it, this means there is HOPE!!!

We need to purchase more gold coins and show the people higher up that money can still be made.

Back in S2 days Maliken who created HoN was a known racist even on the streams, arrogant buffoon who thought he knew it all, he scammed a lot of people then went on to make strife then didn't pay the developers it had a huge upvoted thread on Reddit about how he scammed the workers on strife, then he tried to go on steam and make another game I think savage resurrection or something like that.

The steam forum was immediately flooded with users with users complaining how he stole the money from HoN to make strife then stole that money to make savage resurrection.

In the end all other games he created died but HoN kept on living and living, I hope the current owners see and understand this. I will purchase some gold coins in the coming weeks as I have now returned to HoN, a shame I have all the best skins and there is nothing new to buy but I will still make a purchase to show my support.

Now that EU has confirmed they have some stuff on the radar for HoN, I am very hopeful for whats coming in 2021 and 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

You know how I returned to HoN, well after I got bored of Fortnite anyways?

I saw a thread on reddit from EU saying HoN's new forum is up, I was like hmm let me see what this is about, to my surprise there really was a new forum.

I then realized this game is not dead it can't die it is getting bigger and better it is like CoronaVirus but in a good way, HoN ain't going nowhere

To date still one of the best known skins in all of MOBA gaming is Emerald Princess Aluna. The quality of HoN skins and animations are so top notch man

Edited by `Tusk`
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the good vibes, I too hope HoN returns stronger after this mess, though I'm not sure it will result in more allocated resources. Still very happy to see work done.

• Like 2

Really loves this game, and i think the same about how hon literally survived lol, HoN took 6 years of ly life and i can't just let him go away, HoN is an especial parto of my life.

Did not know strife had been abandoned, though I'm not surprised.

First I'd heard of Savage Resurrection, also not surprised by what happened there.

I mean, we kinda owe some amount of thanks considering HoN wouldn't exist without the original concept of Savage, but 3 cut-and-runs is some seriously unethical conduct. We're pretty lucky that HoN was put in the hands of people who have kept it going, glad it's still around 🙂

Posted (edited)

^ yup watch it even here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strife_(2015_video_game)

As of May 22, 2015 Strife has been released as a free-to-play on Steam.[1]

As of October 2018 Strife servers have been shut down without comment from developers.

yeah without comment lol. Says a lot about Maliken that guy is the biggest con artist of all time, even FrostBurn employees once commented when he used to work at S2 he would leave gay pictures on their monitors then go on a racist rant while steaming HoN. He would even printout gay pictures and stick it on their monitor screen when everybody went home then claim he didn't know who did it and that "he was investigating who the culprit was"

What an individual....

I wonder what he is up to these days?

Edited by `Tusk`

Posted (edited)

Hello, I read your post, and I can say there are people who are really trying to do something to help this game get back on track.
If you are interested, HoN Reborn project, which is started by bunch of old school players, is creating tournaments this week. You can check our discord server and join us, we are happy to see new people with fresh ideas. I will share HoN Reborn trailer, which is made by TobakaZ, we are really thankful on that! In description you have all links, where you can follow our work, and share your ideas.
NOTE
We are not related with Frostburn and Garena. 
We do this because we love this game so much!!!!
We used some old videos and reactions of Breaky, hope he do not mind, because we want to show people how HON was great, and how it can be great!

Thanks for attention, stay fine.

Edited by dzili
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Old school player, with more then 10 years of experience in playing HoN. Currently server master on Heroes of Newerth Reborn discord.

Follow our work on our pages:

1)https://www.instagram.com/heroesofnewerthreborn/

2)https://www.facebook.com/Heroes-of-Newerth-Reborn-246065535478806/

3)https://discordapp.com/invite/AtuQYPW

15 minutes ago, `Tusk` said:

As of October 2018 Strife servers have been shut down without comment from developers.

yeah without comment lol. Says a lot about Maliken that guy is the biggest con artist of all time, even FrostBurn employees once commented when he used to work at S2 he would leave gay pictures on their monitors then go on a racist rant while steaming HoN. He would even printout gay pictures and stick it on their monitor screen when everybody went home then claim he didn't know who did it and that "he was investigating who the culprit was"

What an individual....

I wonder what he is up to these days?

Wow...

What the actual f***.

This with the heroes of the neweth project is a great idea and this is not a joke this is a serious event that really needs to be played and it really takes effort to deal with it.  ❤️ 🙂 
Among other things I'm also a server master on the server where dzili is, so if you have a question go to the server and ask and be a better player, enjoy.

I am pleasantly surprised to see these forums get updated. Good job to all who worked on this! As a former Forum Moderator who pushed for the Forum Rules to be updated, I'm happy to see the they are being updated. :classic_biggrin:

i invested a lot in this game, i left once i noticed it wouldnt make more content, but i came back during the last 2 months just to confirm that i still like  it.
if we could at least receive 4-6 avatars per month, id buy 100$ coin packages again.
please let it happen. thank you

I logged off last time 2014 & havent touched this game ever since, but today ill begin my gaming in HoN!

13 hours ago, SH0KZU said:

I logged off last time 2014 & havent touched this game ever since, but today ill begin my gaming in HoN!

Welcome back.

HoN is like a villain that keeps resurrecting isn't it 😛

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 4:23 PM, `Tusk` said:

Now that EU has confirmed they have some stuff on the radar for HoN, I am very hopeful for whats coming in 2021 and 2022.

When was this said and where?

On 4/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, `Tusk` said:

HoN is still super duper cool and the playerbase shows this game has potential lots of it, the game needs better management some new skins so they can rake in some money, Element User confirmed something is on the radar but no ETA on it, this means there is HOPE!!!

We need to purchase more gold coins and show the people higher up that money can still be made.

Back in S2 days Maliken who created HoN was a known racist even on the streams, arrogant buffoon who thought he knew it all, he scammed a lot of people then went on to make strife then didn't pay the developers it had a huge upvoted thread on Reddit about how he scammed the workers on strife, then he tried to go on steam and make another game I think savage resurrection or something like that.

The steam forum was immediately flooded with users with users complaining how he stole the money from HoN to make strife then stole that money to make savage resurrection.

In the end all other games he created died but HoN kept on living and living, I hope the current owners see and understand this. I will purchase some gold coins in the coming weeks as I have now returned to HoN, a shame I have all the best skins and there is nothing new to buy but I will still make a purchase to show my support.

Good on you... Keep up the good vibe and the good intentions.

Posted (edited)

every now and then i get the urge to come back and play some games but then i remember that my account from 2009 with hundreds of dollars in purchases (including the game which was 30 bucks back in the day and multiple sub accounts) was deleted because s2 games fucked a bunch of us over when they started region locking and moving accounts around, I contacted support on many different instances for literal years and nobody ever helped me and basically said that my stuff was permanently lost even though i was a supporter of this game for over ten years, so ill just stick to dota 2 i think. I always thought HoN was the greatest game of its kind, the masterpiece of this genre, but many decisions made by the people behind the game were so unbelievably moronic to the point of literally kicking people out of the game only because we are located in Mexico even though I had far better ping to US west servers (around 50-60) than the shittily run servers in South America they forcefully moved us to (150+ ping), then after they decided to end the region lock and move everything back to one server and re centralize things they just told me my account had been lost in the process. And this is just my case but this happened to people everywhere in Latin America, South East Asia, eastern Europe... not many people talk about this but this single decision marked the biggest drop in player numbers in the history of the bad decisions made by the developers. Just typing this is upsetting me again because I truly loved this game and it was a part of my life for so long and i was forcefully removed for no reason other than corporate racism or some shit. Whatever, back to dota

edit: I stand by what I said before but I understand that now this game is in different, much better hands and I wish both the game and the community the best. Thanks to ElementUser I have my old beta account back and am currently playing some games of hon 😊

Edited by G_THE_OG

And my axe.

Wait a sec.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

13 minutes ago, G_THE_OG said:

every now and then i get the urge to come back and play some games but then i remember that my account from 2009 with hundreds of dollars in purchases (including the game which was 30 bucks back in the day and multiple sub accounts) was deleted because s2 games fucked a bunch of us over when they started region locking and moving accounts around, I contacted support on many different instances for literal years and nobody ever helped me and basically said that my stuff was permanently lost even though i was a supporter of this game for over ten years, so ill just stick to dota 2 i think. I always thought HoN was the greatest game of its kind, the masterpiece of this genre, but many decisions made by the people behind the game were so unbelievably moronic to the point of literally kicking people out of the game only because we are located in Mexico even though I had far better ping to US west servers (around 50-60) than the shittily run servers in South America they forcefully moved us to (150+ ping), then after they decided to end the region lock and move everything back to one server and re centralize things they just told me my account had been lost in the process. And this is just my case but this happened to people everywhere in Latin America, South East Asia, eastern Europe... not many people talk about this but this single decision marked the biggest drop in player numbers in the history of the bad decisions made by the developers. Just typing this is upsetting me again because I truly loved this game and it was a part of my life for so long and i was forcefully removed for no reason other than corporate racism or some shit. Whatever, back to dota

If you still have proof of your receipts, I can see what we can do for you.

It's up to you - the offer's on the table only for a little bit. Respond to this thread by quoting my post if you accept.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

If you still have proof of your receipts, I can see what we can do for you.

It's up to you - the offer's on the table only for a little bit. Respond to this thread by quoting my post if you accept.

thank you very much, I accept though I will need some time to dig up everything I can. Just using search on my email I found a bunch of different exchanges with customer support that I can send you. 

edit: none of the support links work anymore so all I have on that end is the automated emails I received when someone replied to my queries like this:

also I have no idea how to send a private message on these new forums or maybe you have them turned off, where can I send you all this stuff?

spacer.png

Edited by G_THE_OG

36 minutes ago, G_THE_OG said:

thank you very much, I accept though I will need some time to dig up everything I can. Just using search on my email I found a bunch of different exchanges with customer support that I can send you. 

edit: none of the support links work anymore so all I have on that end is the automated emails I received when someone replied to my queries like this:

also I have no idea how to send a private message on these new forums or maybe you have them turned off, where can I send you all this stuff?

spacer.png

I have enabled PMs temporarily for you.

• Like 1