Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

I left wondering, about cosmetic updates

Is there a way, or a perfect scenario in which there are cosmetic changes to the game again?  Avatars, announcers, etc?  I am aware of the current state of the game, but I am left wondering if it is possible, or simply we will never see anything new in that regard.

Your best bet would be create a mod yourself and if it's of high enough quality there is a chance that it could get implemented. If I recall correctly that's what happened to the seductive announcer.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, yornuz said:

Is there a way, or a perfect scenario in which there are cosmetic changes to the game again?  Avatars, announcers, etc?  I am aware of the current state of the game, but I am left wondering if it is possible, or simply we will never see anything new in that regard.

If you read the new patch, the game still releases cosmetic change. Though it's only alt avatar at moment.

You perfect scenario: Everybody stops pIaying dota2 and IoI, aII the pIayers come to hon, they have money to hire 10 more empIoyees, there are tons of tournaments and patches with cosmetic updates. there u go. WeIcome to Utopia!

Anything is "possibIe". Just not IikeIy at aII.

Edited by Froschbein
1 hour ago, Froschbein said:

Anything is "possibIe". Just not IikeIy at aII.

That sentence is kinda a meme at my workplace. Everyone's "quoting manu" when they say something like this, because I always tell everyone "anything is possible, but you might not want to pay the cost" ?.

3 hours ago, datfizh said:

If you read the new patch, the game still releases cosmetic change. Though it's only alt avatar at moment.

The "alt avatars" that are released are very limited. They are just those that were already part of HoN China, so there no "art work" going into it, it's basically just EU putting the files from one client to the other.
Creating entirely new avatars will probably not happen - at least not unless someone volunteers to create some professional looking ones for free - which is probably the best chance we get.

• Like 1