Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

4.8.6 - Pre-release Discussion/Speculation

Correct me if I wrong.

So Qi ultimate now deal 125 damage Plus passive at lv 1 And 1 seconds disarm + Perplex?

I wonder if i worth the skill point

And staff the master on W proc his passive Twice?

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

Look at E & how it scales

The hero's meant to scale partially with opponents & the hero is not expected to solo burst people down after getting level 1 ultimate. It still deals substantial enough damage to pick it up at that point of the game.

35 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

Cleaver got nerfed.

- Old shop interface has been extended to accommodate additional items (e.g. Arcane Bomb).
* Credits to Anakonda for the fix.

Nice!

Cleaver's damage to the primary creep (which shouldn't have been so high anyway) got nerfed & the cleave itself got nerfed slightly. But the 400 Gold buff makes up for that & allows carries to get it earlier.

Edited by ElementUser

Thank you so much for the old shop update @Anakonda! You have my eternal gratitude.

Reading the post now regarding the new changes. Some quick first Impressions:

• Loving Qi in Theory, lets see how this works (new Ancestral Assault looks great, people undervalue Perplex)
  • Obviously love the new DM in Theory
  • Not a big fan on the Lodestone staff
  • Midas has more design problems than just his main stat, but that is a design decision
  • Very interested in Accursed as a suicide pick now
  • Take Cover on Bubbles is back to god-mode. I wonder how this will interact with Grimoire picks nowadays
  • Goldenveil getting some much needed love
  • I like the Maliken nerfs that only really hurt his early game without impacting his late

Solid patch. I've been putting off playing Qi, DM, and GV for the last few weeks while waiting for this.

Edit: Doctor Repulsor nerfs. Praise Sol!

Edited by Hubaris
  • Thanks 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Maliken was too strong. I play this hero a lot, this is a good balance nerf

Regarding Drunken Master. I'm glad we have the Drink ability back, my only concern is channeling time.

Two seconds it's quite a long time, Using it a lot would means in a 35 minute game, you would end up standing still for few minutes? Having it channel time 1 second instead I feel like would add some more dynamic to the hero.

The rest of the patch is pretty solid. Can't decide how I feel about hatchet nerf, will have to wait and see

Wow, this next patch opens up a possibility to a hero in having 2 functional abilities at level 1 when currently the other abilities are for visual need or retroactive effect.

5 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

And staff the master on W proc his passive Twice?

I guess that's not the staff boost because the staff on Qi boosts his auto-attack to trigger 3rd ability.

15 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Wow, this next patch opens up a possibility to a hero in having 2 functional abilities at level 1 when currently the other abilities are for visual need or retroactive effect.

I guess that's not the staff boost because the staff on Qi boosts his auto-attack to trigger 3rd ability.

Nitro? Also Parallax.

Edited by Rezziedahl
  • Thanks 1
On 9/19/2020 at 1:23 AM, Rezziedahl said:

Nitro? Also Parallax.

oh I forgot, she used to be one. Though, that counted as auto-attack to me lol. 

Oh, Parallax too. Thanks for pointing those heroes out. Seemed like my understanding to HoN isn't broad enough.

Also, Adrenaline. How could I forgot those heroes. Silly me.

Edited by datfizh
On 9/18/2020 at 1:23 PM, Shoy said:

Maliken was too strong. I play this hero a lot, this is a good balance nerf

Regarding Drunken Master. I'm glad we have the Drink ability back, my only concern is channeling time.

Two seconds it's quite a long time, Using it a lot would means in a 35 minute game, you would end up standing still for few minutes? Having it channel time 1 second instead I feel like would add some more dynamic to the hero.

The rest of the patch is pretty solid. Can't decide how I feel about hatchet nerf, will have to wait and see

Believe it or not, you actually don't have to channel the full duration. It gives the DM player a lot of control over when they should stop while in combat.

Also, the ability has a 8s cooldown at max level, so they can use the ability quite liberally.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2

Jeraziah i am not to worried about.. He can still be countered with silence. But going back to sight on hit with bush ulti is not something i appreciate. He is very fast, is a great carry and has a low cooldown on his slow. It is just very annoying to deal with and way to powerfull imo.

Edited by Anubis2108
1 hour ago, Anubis2108 said:

Jeraziah i am not to worried about.. He can still be countered with silence. But going back to sight on hit with bush ulti is not something i appreciate. He is very fast, is a great carry and has a low cooldown on his slow. It is just very annoying to deal with and way to powerfull imo.

It's a SotM effect

Pretty good patch for everyone it touches upon directly. I like the GV buff. The DM drink looks like a nice and welcomed legacy change.

Surprised I'm not seeing a harder nerf on the jungle though. I think the easier junglers (lego, ws, sol,keeper) are going to keep speedrunning it and come out 2-3 levels ahead of everyone by mid game still.

Sad not to see any nerfs on Glad. He's just got too much going for him, especially mid. He can easily cast all his shit with near 100% accuracy provided he's within 400 of you. He's also never mana choked like his other strength caster counterparts (particularly when it comes to showdown). Just not a lot of counterplay in most situations.

There's still a bunch of heroes stuck in mediocre tier that need some buffs too, but that's probably a resource issue. Hope they get some light next patch 

20 minutes ago, donbran said:

Pretty good patch for everyone it touches upon directly. I like the GV buff. The DM drink looks like a nice and welcomed legacy change.

Surprised I'm not seeing a harder nerf on the jungle though. I think the easier junglers (lego, ws, sol,keeper) are going to keep speedrunning it and come out 2-3 levels ahead of everyone by mid game still.

Sad not to see any nerfs on Glad. He's just got too much going for him, especially mid. He can easily cast all his shit with near 100% accuracy provided he's within 400 of you. He's also never mana choked like his other strength caster counterparts (particularly when it comes to showdown). Just not a lot of counterplay in most situations.

There's still a bunch of heroes stuck in mediocre tier that need some buffs too, but that's probably a resource issue. Hope they get some light next patch 

You could maybe get a head start on them by listing them out & their problems + proposed solutions

:3

Not really like Qi rework. What i see is the hero deal less damage, cost more mana and long cooldown Q early, though i agree that this hero need a damage nerf but ...

Druken master's Drink lost the passive that he gain charge on enemy death, but i like the old suicide lane style of DM. Overall, DM rework feel like a nerf on him

Finally, i can build Int carry midas without worry about Mana regen.

HoN SEA Player

I guess its the same point with Qi as with Adrenaline. Where you see a lopsided hero that is either too weak or too strong I see a hero that is in perfect balance with his intended target. 
The mechanic was just unique, just like with Adrenaline, insofar as it is not based on your play but on your enemies. And in Qi's case it was a matter of keeping track of them and going for the ones with the highest Attack damage visa vi lowest healthpool. 

We'll just never understand each other EU on things like this I guess ?

Nice for DM to have an active again.

Overall OK changes otherwise and when it comes to the minor metrics I just never will understand your and the communities need to generally constantly tweak them (like Bubbles intelligence increase by 0.1) but that's fine, that's your job. 

Edited by Ondis