Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

gaunt grapple bug?

On 9/9/2020 at 4:44 PM, ElementUser said:

I have no idea either, but if you can replicate it in Practice Mode, let me know.

I can't, that's the issue.

I'll lend my genius level intellect and ability of discernment for this one (joking, of course).

Notice the red X that shows up next to Gauntlet after firing off the hook. It looks like that's how the "E" skill targets the angle you want. So now lodge yourself into the tree closer to the lotus leaves using direct pathing (more from the right side rather than top). Play with it a little. Eventually you should be able to obstruct the spot that would normally give you the angle you want. And thus Gauntlet's aim for the hook will be off - with varying results.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Pantaloneze said:

I'll lend my genius level intellect and ability of discernment for this one (joking, of course).

Notice the red X that shows up next to Gauntlet after firing off the hook. It looks like that's how the "E" skill targets the angle you want. So now lodge yourself into the tree closer to the lotus leaves using direct pathing (more from the right side rather than top). Play with it a little. Eventually you should be able to obstruct the spot that would normally give you the angle you want. And thus Gauntlet's aim for the hook will be off - with varying results.

I tried that & it didn't seem to work on FoC.

2 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

I tried that & it didn't seem to work on FoC.

Well, I replicated the problem in the same spot as the twitch clip on the Mid Wars map. I guess you could find other spots where it would behave similarly, even on FoC.

Good luck addressing this issue, should you deem it necessary. It does seem like a pretty rare occurrence after all.