Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
JointSmouka

Why are we staying 1400 1500

Hello guys,

What I have in mind is not an I lost a game and I have a need to cry in forum.

Let me go back a little. I am a veteran dota and HON player who was here since beta. This is the game of my life. I honestly never played anything better. :) (even though I started playing after few years since family/work)

My team once placed second in a tournament in my country.

I am not saying that I was 1950 AngryTestie. I was a good 1600 1650 1700 player. But what is happening today I ve never experienced :)

Accounts are free so its 100 times more toxic. Since they are free they dont care about ban or anything. They dont care of losing .. simply nothing :)

For instance we go to a game with 2 other friends .. we call mid and top .. ok nobody saying anything .. all good .. we could have changed if someone else really wanted.

So we pick - the other 2 guys simply dont care and pick devo preda lane / makes sense right? :) But this doesnt end. Not only devo leaves after 3 minutes but preda goes top .

You know.. the called top by my 2 friends on teamspeak :) so I go mid SS against Hag. He starts losing so rampage from his team which was freefarming against nobody bot is ganking me and toxic hag simply wont stop chatting about how I am bad and he is the god.. Thats not the point but its like oh maaaaaaaaan really? 

Verdikt?

CC15 and i lost some more MMR.

I am not a gosu top plays player but I can really play .. Would be shame after all those years right.. I know counterpicks.. Items .. How to play the game in most situations.

BUT NOBODY CAN TURN THIS ****

RIGHT NOW I AM 1480 / 40 % win rate maybe less

AND MOST OF THESE GAMES ARE BECAUSE OF THESE PLAYERS WHO HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY THE GAME OR HOW TO DO NORMAL PICK and I NEED TO PLAY MORE GAMES WITH BIGGER NOOBS which simply dont care.

So please enlighten me how can we push MMR to play better games with atleast players who play the game seriously and can actaully talk about pick and do something and not LOSE SINCE MINUTE ONE.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW because i ve never experienced the game being so bad.

OR how about I tell you .. ACCOUNTS SHOULD NOT BE FREE and I should have option to pick a range of players that can play with me.

Same as picking EU or America or whatever.. There should be option like - had account for 10 years , had account for 5 years or leaves percentage under...... or was not banned for etc....

Yeah i know maybe i could not find a game for 15 20 minutes instead of 3 minutes .. but since I CC or lose not by my fault after 15 20 minutes, then I dont really care about this :)

Makes sense to me

BRING HON BACK

JointSmouka

Just remember that it's never your fault and everyone else sucks and you'll be climbing in no time.

• Haha 1

buddy I am not saying I dont do mistakes.. But I lost most of the games simply by having absolute bad luck for either megatoxic or megaIDONTCARE players who cannot TP.. take creeps when they not suppose to... They just dont care.. they can do 4 lane with you and not care about anything.. Nobody can win this kind of game.. I  ve never been 1400 in my life.. Never. I Dont mind losing a gg from both sides. I mind losing since pick. You can really tell sometimes since first minute.

Edited by JointSmouka

dont listen to tobakaz,

if u want to climb u have to ignore the dumb asses on ur team and pick heores that are going to secure u wins. Low bracket NA you can win 3v5 pretty easy. Being positive is always the answer for winning. If someone picks pred you should asume they're going short lane. Ask them; change ur pick. Grinex is an epic offlane hero right now you can win games easy with. Rhapsody is an amazing support even when supporting bads. Solstice can carry from the jungle also. A lot of hon players are really exhausted with all the bull shit so they care a lot less. Its not because of free accounts. For example, I try to lose games to keep my mmr around 1720 because above that is nothing but 4 queues. Maybe someone is doing that at 1500. However I personally have no difficulties winning when i set my mind to PMA. Try that.

I am trying 🙂 its exhausting... You should really see some replay.. you just cant turn that arround 😄 i know some games yes.. thats really not the point.. point here is .. I really want my option to pick players and not jokers. how is it that the other team picks perfect push combo or just a perfect pick in general and they play together.. then we have 2 players when we play who just cant do anything.. ok heres a thing why doesnt the system get one of them to the other team.. surely some statistics measure can be applied to realize that we will have 2 people like that.. SO JUST PUT IT TO THE OTHER TEAM and ITS 4v4 not 3v5 .. seems fair to me.

I don't think you understand that the enemy team is probably in the same situation as you are. If you put your self in the shoes of your enemies you might find out that your theory is flawed. If you want good picks, you have to ASK for them. If someone is blatantly ignoring you they're either really new, bad but think they're good or a smurf. You have to carry these games. Check stats of these people, see if you can opt to support them or play a snowbally hero instead of relying on them. Only higher games will you need team work If you don't make too many mistakes 1500 games are easy. Against push strat? Try heroes like Pyromancer, Oogie, Torture, Wretched Hag. You have to figure out what hero works best for what your given.

Have a shit comp? PRED DEVO RA DRACONIS + YOU 

Try a hero like Adrenaline. Lots of kill potential solo, can clear waves with arc light against push strat but you already have strong AoE, high survivability, snowball/carry, dont need a lot of gold. [i'm refering to low tier games]

If this was a higher based match then maybe Rhapsody or Andromeda Witch Slayer your team needs stuns and support.

If you want to win you have to pick what will win you the game.

What will not win you the game is complaining about a good enemy team composition. They will not be effectively using their heroes to begin with so it should be straight forward in the process of defeating them. 

You have to look at what the enemy wants to accomplish always put your self in their shoes. some games are 100% unwinable, you have to accept that if you solo queue or are queueing with bad players. The only players who are choosing the teams are the ones queueing together, so maybe find better team mates or solo queue.

Maybe you try watching the replay and look at the enemy chat, they're probably in the same disarray 

You either need a team of 4 or 5 or you have to cheese some pubstomp hero or you have to play a lot of games...  to climb out of any bracket.

Remember, luck will dominate your games.  It's only over time that it evens out (if it does).

If you can't or don't want to play with friends, you have to work with what you get.

From my experience the games that you get the good players in your team, are easily forgotten. They end after 15 minutes and depending on your hero and skill, they are simply boring. On the other hand, you'll also play against good players with a bad team. Without you that would probably be a 15 minute cc on your team. These are the only games you can make a difference. You have to take every chance you can get to make some of these games a win.
Try to coordinate your team if they are willing to follow your orders, that should be easy (in these ratings even a little of coordination and game sense is usually certain victory).
Try to gank early and secure kills. Winning your own lane doesn't mean much if two other lanes suffer (or worse: free farming jungle while all lanes loose). If you can make all three lanes win, you basically can't loose the game.

Also, if you gank, don't ruin that lane by pushing it because you want all the creeps for your own benefit. That lane will have a hard time to get lane control back because of you, so even if you killed their enemies, you hurt them more than you helped.
If you're support also try to stack for afk-junglers. Even if them picking that hero and playstyle is bad for your team, having them farmed helps you win. It's kinda sad having to help people that rage-pick junglers, but you gotta decide what you want most: Getting out of that rating or justice for one individual.

You can't really do anything against certain people and you can't win every game. But you can change some games, that has to be enough (over time).
Stomps aren't the important games. The close ones are. So: Never concede if you see a chance to win. Don't let emotions influence that decision. Even if 4 people are blaming you and telling you you don't deserve a victory for whatever reason. If you think that game can be won: Play it!

Thanks for all your reply 🙂

Update :

Bassicly we pushed a little bit further from the newbie/smurf/#justreallymeanpersonwillingtolosejustsoyoulose ( with only 2 of my buddies left from good old times )

The biggest thing i took from this is that I need to focus on myself. For instance : I ve had 4 min PK magmus - we lost , I ve had 10 min Mock - we lost, because of same problems i talked about earlier, BUT i kept my cool, focused on myself and then we won 5 games in a row.

I think I understand now the simplicity of WAIT FOR IT the good games will come.

Just need a little bit more luck then usual.

Fun fact : I played a game with a guy who really didnt understand the concept of who should be farming. We were talking to each other after every missed creepkill or anything that matters (looked like classic chatwars CC15). Then I swallowed all my pride and saved him from certain death. and chatted : peace? he said yes laughed and we won.

The point is that games can turn with simple word. 🙂

GG

JointSmouka

9 hours ago, JointSmouka said:

Fun fact : I played a game with a guy who really didnt understand the concept of who should be farming. We were talking to each other after every missed creepkill or anything that matters (looked like classic chatwars CC15). Then I swallowed all my pride and saved him from certain death. and chatted : peace? he said yes laughed and we won.

The point is that games can turn with simple word. 🙂

honestly not flaming or arguing wins games. The mute button and /add ignore does wonders too