Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Hey!

Okay, so, I´m not gonna lie, I have been muted a few times due to chat "abuse". Meaning some kids can´t handle few harsh words and instead of ignoring me they just report. Ok. No problem there.

But what I constantly see is the same people who rush to report chat abuse be abusive themselves but in voice chat. Therefore conveniently bypassing the risk of getting suspended themselves because they can´t be reported.

So my question is, if there is no ingame option to report such behaviour can the players do something about it themselves? For example record the abusive players voice chat? Lets assume someone is streaming the game and there is an abusive person in voice, we can then cut a clip and add it to the report perhaps? 

I mean, if I´m gonna report such a person on rap portal can I add somesort of evidence of the incident, a video clip of somesorts? What would be an acceptable form of evidence, if at all, to GMs?

Thanks!

Edited by ScrubFactory

Wait for a SGM to answer. But i think it used to be like: you can record it (or report a streamer with a link i.e) to a SGM via a ticket on rap.heroesofnewerth.com and they will look into it. 

Hello,

If you have proof then you can submit it to us SGMs, GMs can't really use any evidence that it's outside their game and ticket, but we (SGMs) can use it.
You just contact any of us by forum pm, discord pm or help desk ticket, and we will gladly help out.

Cheers,

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

I've started recording every game since april, so if I find someone being Verbally abusive on voice chat, I can upload the recording and send to a SGM

You should do the same ?

The princess is always in another castle

12 minutes ago, steffz0r said:

But, if you're the only one reporting, shoulnd't gms ignore the report cuz its a single report against a player? Just like it is ignored when u solo report someone, for example afking. 

We are not talking here about in-game report but a direct report to the SGMs, these are manually hand-picked by the SGMs and handled

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

2 hours ago, LennyXX said:

I've started recording every game since april, so if I find someone being Verbally abusive on voice chat, I can upload the recording and send to a SGM

You should do the same ?

What do you use to record games?

1 hour ago, ScrubFactory said:

What do you use to record games?

you can use either OBS like EU said, or streamlabs (which is basically the same, but more toned to streaming) and save them as mp4

Just don't use fraps because the recordings are kinda big
Recording games is also pretty fun because if something funny or amazing happens to you ingame, you can just edit it and post anywhere you want

The princess is always in another castle

On 9/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, steffz0r said:

But, if you're the only one reporting, shoulnd't gms ignore the report cuz its a single report against a player? Just like it is ignored when u solo report someone, for example afking. 

to add to what was already clarified, this only applies to low and medium ranged RAP karma, aka people that have proven to be either unreliable or not yet proven reliable enough. high RAP karma allows you to solo report too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get a mic and flame them in voice chat if you feel they are that kind of scummy person who would do something like that. 
Or just ignore them yourself. 

I had a case like this  long ago and got my suspension cut in half so trying to explain the context works too I guess.