Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ASUDEVIL

This racism stuff needs to stop... (Screenshot inside)

I'm getting real sick and tired of playing this game and seeing so much blatant racism and racist remarks from other users. 

It's not even funny. 

*censored screenshot*

Edited by Manu311
censored/removed screenshot

Okay if you can come up with a solution how FrostBurn can stop people from being racists you would solve racism as a whole and receive a Nobel peace prize so lets hear it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScrubFactory said:

Okay if you can come up with a solution how FrostBurn can stop people from being racists you would solve racism as a whole and receive a Nobel peace prize so lets hear it.

Sounds like something a racist would say

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, asudevil said:

Sounds like something a racist would say

sounds like someone with no actual clue would say.
dude if FB had an idea of how to effectively stop racism, it would be in place and they would have received the nobel prize of peace for it and hon would have maximum financial ressources...
alot of us agree, it's a problem, but neither of us have an actually working solution

and neither do you

and to be frank your numb response up there... makes you sound more like a troll than someone sincere, no offense.

Can u stop crying and ignore the user instead? Many people as well insult like that just for fun, even tho it's as stupid as it sounds. If it really bothers you, there's various commands ingame. /ic ; /ignore add ; /dnd

Imagine if everyone cried about everything, instead of trying to find a solution by themselves, which isn't hard in most cases

Edited by steffz0r

I don't think there is much that we can do other than report the player. It's not like they don't have multiple accounts anyways, but it's a start.

Of course we can ignore users, but how do we know if someone in-game is going to randomly blurt out something racist out of the blue?

I've had people that I've muted/ignored during the game have their friends send me racist messages, also after the game they would sign into their sub account and continue messaging me post-game.

"If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"

Racism happens everywhere in the world, not just in video games. Everyone can be racist at times including me. As much as I hate to say it, I will say racist things as a joke in front of friends from time to time (I will never say racist things in front of anyone I do not know in real life unless provoked by another racist otherwise).

Not much we can do other than promote love instead of hate. People who are racist are most likely to be less educated anyways so I wouldn't waste my breath if I were you. Report, ignore, and move on. 

• Like 1

I've removed the initial screenshot and I'll close this thread.

Please report such occurrences if they happen in a game via the ingame-rap-feature, if they happen outside of it or via whispers, please use the direct message to an SGM via the rap-portal at https://rap.heroesofnewerth.com
Racist behavior isn't tolerated so that person will certainly get that account banned for some time.

If you want to discuss if bans are enough (or something else), please create a topic about that instead.