Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Midwars Players Lifes Matter or with other Words: Give Midwars the Credit it deserves!

So i made a point about how useless Draconis volcano is in a game of midwars and the only thing Staff told me was the game is not Balanced around Midwars.

Sounds like: "We will never Adjust Balance changes for Both Games because we don't care about Midwars"

Well i always played Midwars around 6500 Games now, i played around 20 FoC games.

Guess what for me is the real "main" Game mode?

I don't say, FoC is not fine as it is, but the competition is big with LoL and Dota2 and the one thing that keeps HoN fresh for me and almost everyone i know who plays it, is midwars.

so maybe we should start to accept that this mode is a real game of its own. When i remember correctly a huge chunk of the playerbase left as they changed Midwars into this

strange League of Dota2 knockoff with a bad map, and a stupid idea for Kongor/Zorgath Reward. I don't know how FoC looked like at that time but to me and my friends 

HoN got a lot less attractive to play this day.

So after we are back, and after we started to pay money again to support the game, please don't treat us like scum.

We help this game with our money too, so accept us as part of the game and please support us back.

You've interpreted everything in the worst way possible. 

Here is reason #1 why we can't do specific balance for heroes in Mid Wars. The second reason is technical maintenance reasons and extra burden of knowledge. 

You've also neglected the fact that the last 2 patches have been focused on Mid Wars. It got changed as an entire mode and system. Just because you don't get exactly what you want doesn't mean we don't care about Mid Wars. 

In other words, your statement is incorrect and you should apologize for claiming that we "treat you like scum". Just go look at the last 2 patches and you'll see what I mean. 

Edited by ElementUser
Posted (edited)

Well ok, sorry that u have taken this so hard its just normal to me to speak openly. 

But this is the impression i get when you write you won't change A Skill because its Ok how it is in Caldavar.

I saw that u did some changes for Midwars, but that are only drops of water on the glowing stone. I don't know if you have played midwars recently, but at the moment there are so much Unbalanced Heroes like: Master of Arms, Sapphire, Tarot, Artillerie, Flint Beastwood, Vindicator, Dr. Repulsor, Armadon, Ichor, Shellshock, Predator, Deadlift, Devourer, 

if this heroes are not banned and get the right Items, the game is pretty much over. In Caldavar those Heroes might be balanced, because you are alone in a lane with only one enemy and some creeps and teamfights happen only all 10 minutes, but in Midwars all hereos are close together, and those that get permanent stat bonuses from kills, or regenerate through kreeps, or damage in general, are just absolute overpowered.

as i mentioned in another post, i am thinking about supporting HoN through buying Goldcoins, like i did 2 Years ago, i think i spend about 200$ in the years i own and play the game, but when i don't see that this problems will be worked on, because in Caldavar the balance is totally fine, and "we don't balance for midwars" i don't think i will buy Coins for money.

Again, sorry that i used some harsh words, but things need to change, or i will not support and maybe stop playing for the first time since i own the game.

PS: I really love HoN for its Midwars mode, i tried Caldavar, its boring as hell to me. If HoN had only Caldavar i would have stopped playing it 8 years ago. and looked if LoL or Dota 2 have some kind of Midwars mode. Maybe they have, i don't care because HoN has it and its just the best. When i talk about Midwars i talk about soemthing that has grown to my heart for at least 8 years, im not sure when i had started it. No Game have i ever played for 8 years only Midwars of HoN. 

Edited by Lifewaster
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 12:53 PM, Lifewaster said:

Well ok, sorry that u have taken this so hard its just normal to me to speak openly. 

ElementUser created that alternate mode so what you said is pretty insulting.  Him and a couple of other devs working mostly in their spare time have kept this game alive.

Yes MW is imbalance.  I'd love it to be balanced.  They don't have time to balance it.  They don't have the money to pay someone to do it.  There probably isn't anyone who would a) wants to b) would be trusted and c) would be qualified to do the job professionally.

Edited by NubbyMcNub
On 8/31/2020 at 10:53 PM, Lifewaster said:

as i mentioned in another post, i am thinking about supporting HoN through buying Goldcoins, like i did 2 Years ago, i think i spend about 200$ in the years i own and play the game, but when i don't see that this problems will be worked on, because in Caldavar the balance is totally fine, and "we don't balance for midwars" i don't think i will buy Coins for money.

"If you don´t do X, Y or Z I wont buy goldcoins". Nice.

• Confused 1
21 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

"If you don´t do X, Y or Z I wont buy goldcoins". Nice.

Well im not a nonprofit organization, i work for my money and i can not afford to give presents. I just wrote how it is in the real world, if one likes it or not. Im not a Teenager that steals momys credit card to donate on a streamer or something. I have a Family, people that need me to make money. 

Btw, i already bought goldcoins in the past and i bought some a week ago. Even when there was no sign of me getting what i want here i still did it. 

So don't come and make me the criminal blackmailer here when i am just a normal hard working man.

Edited by Lifewaster

How about you actually come up with a constructive suggestion about HOW you wish to see the spell changed (even though it wont be), instead of just a pointless rant/very weird flex about "How you like midwars and used money 2 years ago"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, JegHarBen said:

How about you actually come up with a constructive suggestion about HOW you wish to see the spell changed (even though it wont be), instead of just a pointless rant/very weird flex about "How you like midwars and used money 2 years ago"

try to read all that i have wrote next time.

i gave them money a week ago and in the past.

also i made a lot of suggestions in the "what u like to be addressed in Midwars" Thread. i implement u are able to click on different threads by yourself.

Nobody cares when you gave them money. That is such an unnessecary and weird flex. Developers arent going to change their game because of one guy who paid x-amount of money. Stop. They will change it for good ideas and arguements. 

Then stick to that tread. 

4 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

Well im not a nonprofit organization, i work for my money and i can not afford to give presents. I just wrote how it is in the real world, if one likes it or not. Im not a Teenager that steals momys credit card to donate on a streamer or something. I have a Family, people that need me to make money. 

Btw, i already bought goldcoins in the past and i bought some a week ago. Even when there was no sign of me getting what i want here i still did it. 

So don't come and make me the criminal blackmailer here when i am just a normal hard working man.

Dude if you have a family then what happens in Mid Wars should be the least of your concerns.

First, if i pay for something i can expect something for it.

The Avatars are all old. the money for them is payed. When i give them money now for gold coins this is support.

Second, one can have a family and still be able to play games in the small spare time he has for himself. And some money to support the Hobby one has. Don't know how the situation on your family is, but my wife is working too, so we can afford to have hobbies that require money and still be able to feed our kids and live a good live. We just can not afford to donate money. Or rather we don't see why we should, especially when in this case Gold coins support the game as well but give me something. Like u pointed out, for a donation its unlikely that i get what i want. So a donation would give me nothing in your words. 

If you buy gold coins then that is something you get, a package of gold coins, which you can then spend on any product in the in game store. Thats what you get for it. You spending a little money on a game does not however give you are right to demand changes to the game.

About the family, you just made it sound very dramatic so thought why even complain about MidWars.

I was fighting for this cause for many years. It ends on 2 forum bans of my account. I gave up. Now I only care about... how to sustain mw exactly how it is and prevent fb making mw like caldavar or bridgewar. 

I feel the same. Mw is best mode and this is future of moba. Fb doesn't understand how precious is this mode. Orienting game on pure pvp is gold. This should be main mode. This is fresh on the market.

There was very interesting balance attempt for mw which was not harmful for caldavar experience. Balance was only for attributes. Some op heroes had lower attributes incremental. It was something. 

Many ppl think that caldavar is superior over mw. It's funny because mw gives better les toxic emotional experience. You feel that there is more you can control and you have more influence with keeping your individuality. It's like playing basketball vs playing soccer... where basketball is like midwar and soccer is like caldavar. 

• Thanks 1

Well boys they write in there messages that this gold coin money will support the game to improve it.

They wrote it.
Not me.

Support.png

So if that is not a lie, i can expect them to do what they have written here.

And to come to the Donations, they have written what the donations money will go into: 

Caldavar Tournaments and a 16bit mode i don't care for.

So i choose this way to support them and for that i can ask them to not forget Midwars.
But if they do forget Midwars, i still have some Avatars at least!

On 9/13/2020 at 6:36 AM, VaYha said:

Many ppl think that caldavar is superior over mw. It's funny because mw gives better les toxic emotional experience

Really? So what is the purpose of this thread? Oh wait,  you are having a bad time because of the mode isnt balanced. 

E: wanted to edit my first post but ended up with double post, sorry.

Edited by ScrubFactory
Just now, Lifewaster said:

"...the delivery of new content..." 

well new content will not come so fast so i think this can be 
invested into improving the game. Its my right as a Player to ask if they could balance my game.

They say "no" so i say "no" on donations.

Why should i. 

I still can support the game with gold coins but get something for my money.
If i donate the Answer "we don't balance for midwars" will not change.

If one group of players is less worth then another, and this is how it feels, 
the unloved Players will just not send Love back.

Have u ever thought that the big chunk of the FoC playerbase that has left for DOTA2 and LoL
left because they just like the "FoC" Maps on that games and overall gameplay more?

So whats with the players that stayed, what was the biggest part of this players?
Yes Midwars players. Because this Map on other games sucks ass.

What a big riddle that the other big Chunk of players left the Game as Midwars was turned 
into League of Dota2 Bridgewars. 

I don't want this game to die, i love Midwars as much as i hate FoC
all i ask for is a little love for the good 50% of your game.

19 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

Its my right as a Player to ask if they could balance my game.

Sure, you have asked, and you have gotten the answer that there arent enough resources to start balancing another game mode. Is it so difficult to comprehend?

Donations are strictly for a certain goal like 64bit client for example. If Midwars is not included in the list then thats that and nobody expects you to donate.

19 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

Have u ever thought that the big chunk of the FoC playerbase that has left for DOTA2 and LoL
left because they just like the "FoC" Maps on that games and overall gameplay more?

Yeah? Thats what happens when there are multiple games of the same genre out there, people have different tastes and like different things. Also, huge prizepool tournaments were a big part of it.

Can you cite the source where it says midwars players are the biggest chunk of the playerbase?

You can hate FoC as much as you like but accept the fact that its the main mode of this game.

Edited by ScrubFactory
2 hours ago, ScrubFactory said:

Sure, you have asked, and you have gotten the answer that there arent enough resources to start balancing another game mode. Is it so difficult to comprehend?

Donations are strictly for a certain goal like 64bit client for example. If Midwars is not included in the list then thats that and nobody expects you to donate.

Yeah? Thats what happens when there are multiple games of the same genre out there, people have different tastes and like different things. Also, huge prizepool tournaments were a big part of it.

Can you cite the source where it says midwars players are the biggest chunk of the playerbase?

You can hate FoC as much as you like but accept the fact that its the main mode of this game.

Yeah i can accept it, and i will wait untill the game dies again because it tries to compete with those other big games
instead of focus on the one thing that it acutally does much better then the others.

Ok maybe u are new and did not know this, but the game was pretty much dead.
And its still not really back from the grave, but if nothing changes it will not rise
and this will be just a last sad stand up before the real end.

The people that have left for League of Legends or Dota2 are gone.
They will never return.
You still have Midwars players that come back for midwars only because
the other games lack good Midwars versions.
Take what u get and make the best out of that and forget to 
reach a goal that is unreachable.

But they will not listen to me anyway. 
Im a Midwars player and those do not count as part of the community

"We dont balance for Midwars"

"because the poor few FoC players would need to adapt to those new balances in midwars and that would be really cruel towards them"

When a Midwars Player plays a round of FoC he needs to adapt to the boring
gameplay and the fact that your money gets stolen when u die and all the 
other things that are 180° different then midwars. 

I guess there its not cruel, because they are only midwars trash

Edited by Lifewaster