Bashing Properties

Suggestion:

• All bashing properties (attacks applying bash effect) apply Bash Immunity effect for 2.5 seconds to target, causing the unit unaffected by bashing properties' stun but taking 200% of bashing properties damage (Neither stack nor refresh, can't be dispelled).
  • All bashing properties no longer have cooldown on successful trigger.
  • A bashing property no longer has modifier limitation over other bashing properties on a user.

Thought process:

• Bash is arguably the problematic stun than most stuns because its limitation lies on luck so it deems adjustment.
  • This proposed bashing properties lifts the tiny luck limitation of current mechanic.
  • Nerf the rare case of bashing properties from 2 different users from potentially chain-stun a target.

Bonus: Bashing Properties

Spoiler

Brutalizer

• No longer differs trigger chance between ranged bearer and melee bearer.
  • Stun duration is increased to 1.5 second but the duration is reduced up to a maximum 75% at 600 range difference linearly between dealer and target upon launching the attack, starting from 0% reduction at 200 range.

Thought process:

• Indirect nerf to Sir Benzington and adjust other range-hybrid heroes.
  • A buff to make ranged heroes reconsidering this item as their item choice.

Gore (Pestilence)

• Also applies 10/20/30/40 attack slow for 2.5 seconds upon triggering the ability (stacks but individually timed).

Thought process:

• Slight buff to differ bashing properties to one another more.
  • A buff to Pestilence anti auto-attack carry potential.

Curse of Ages (Chronos)

• Also applies secondary attack by 10/20/30/40% attack damage upon triggering the ability.

Thought process:

• Buff to differ bashing properties to one another more.
  • Idea ported from Dota 2 but more balanced (hopefully).

+Bonus: Savage Mace Rework and New Brutalizer's Line of Item

Spoiler

New Brutalizer's Line of Item: Midnight Morningstar

• Components: Brutalizer (3450g) + Shaman's Headdress (2050g) + Recipe (500g) = 6000 gold
  • Stats: 10 health regeneration + 8 strength + 40 damage
  • Passive: 20% stun & debuff duration reduction + 10 magic armor + 25% chance to deal 70 Physical Damage to target and apply stun for 1.5 second but the duration is reduced up to a maximum 75% at 600 range difference linearly between dealer and target upon launching the attack, starting from 0% reduction at 200 range.
  • Active (Superior Magic):
    • Range: 600
    • Cooldown: 5 seconds
    • Leap yourself to an enemy target, dealing 100% your attack damage as Superior Magic Damage and stunning for 2 seconds to both you and target.

New Idea: 

Edited by datfizh
Some of ideas are obsolete already.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

Generally speaking, I like the universal bash immunity concept (I've always like the damage aspect more than the stun aspect of Bash on some heroes). However, it remains to be seen whether people are receptive to this change or not.

In any case, I will pin the idea in a future patch so I can revisit it

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey there, EU. Thanks for keeping the game updated.

I retain most of this thread as it used to so you have nothing to lose on your next visit. Though, I actually like to update the idea of this thread so I create an alternative and updated version of it in the thread below.

Feel free to also read the thread below so the bigger picture of this idea is even easier to be formulated.

Edited by datfizh
add suggestive message.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com