Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Pharaoh is countered too easily by mobility skills. Heroes like Magebane are effectively unkillable by Pharaoh (who's supposed to be one of the best gankers in the game too with the 3k range ult that doesn't need items), and later in the game, a simple Tablet - which doesn't even cost much - renders his ult very bad.

Suggestion: make his W apply restrain until one of the walls are destroyed.

Dont you think thats just the normal scissor-stone-paper game which is intended? phara is well balanced and fits perfect in the current meta. 

captain handsight tip: you dont have to press instant walls. sometimes its better to pop your q and ult some1 and wait with your mummies for a certain situation.

phara is even at 9th most wins position (54%), pls dont touch him as he is perfect right now ?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, w3_StarBoy said:

There is something i want to complain also

Spirit walker (W) from Warchief cant pass through wall. Fix plz (lol)

Why would he be able to walk through a wall? He follows pathing and only has unitwalking.

If you play Warchief many times, you will started to think his Spirit like Bubble shell but can control, but suddenly there is a wall that you cant pass through, that thing is kind of .... disappoint?

• Confused 1

HoN SEA Player

8 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

If you play Warchief many times, you will started to think his Spirit like Bubble shell but can control, but suddenly there is a wall that you cant pass through, that thing is kind of .... disappoint?

If Warchief could W over Walls like Bubbles, he would be fckin busted,, lol. He's also fine like he is.

• Haha 1
On 8/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, Mosher said:

Dont you think thats just the normal scissor-stone-paper game which is intended? phara is well balanced and fits perfect in the current meta. 

captain handsight tip: you dont have to press instant walls. sometimes its better to pop your q and ult some1 and wait with your mummies for a certain situation.

phara is even at 9th most wins position (54%), pls dont touch him as he is perfect right now ?

It's not really scissors-stone-paper because even if you believe that for heroes countering one another, Pharaoh is hard countered by a not-very-expensive item that is already useful otherwise. Compare e.g. Arcane Bomb - Arcane Bomb is pretty much only bought to counter certain heroes.

I have no idea how Pharaoh has 54% win on the international client, unless you guys don't buy Tablets.

On 8/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, Sorais said:

Pharaoh is countered too easily by mobility skills. Heroes like Magebane are effectively unkillable by Pharaoh (who's supposed to be one of the best gankers in the game too with the 3k range ult that doesn't need items), and later in the game, a simple Tablet - which doesn't even cost much - renders his ult very bad.

Suggestion: make his W apply restrain until one of the walls are destroyed.

If you don't want people to blink out, get a hellflower
it's actually a pretty good item on pharaor

But I'm not gonna lie, i've already thought about the restrain inside mummy wall thing. Also applies to chronos though (negating tablets out of chronos ulti)

The princess is always in another castle

Hellflower doesn't stop opponent's teammates from using Tablet on the hero you go on (or on you, for that matter).

Chronos is a bit different - you cannot move in Chronos ult, which means opponent using Tablet could easily push them in the "wrong" direction. That, plus the fact that Chronos ult is simply bigger. Tablet on Chronos isn't a big deal because he'll just run back and hit the hero he's focusing, but Tablet on Pharaoh mostly neutralizes him.

Pharaoh's been performing fine for a while & even doing quite well in HoN for as long as I can remember.

If the hero needs a buff to this specific aspect, it can simply be Restrain for the first X duration of the ability (likely 1s or less). Part of the problem with HoN is that it's partially reflex/reaction-time based, so controlling the window of escape in a balanced manner is vital (as shown by recent changes to heroes like Drunken Master & Doctor Repulsor in terms of cooldowns).

Edited by ElementUser
1 hour ago, ElementUser said:

Pharaoh's been performing fine for a while & even doing quite well in HoN for as long as I can remember.

If the hero needs a buff to this specific aspect, it can simply be Restrain for the first X duration of the ability (likely 1s or less). Part of the problem with HoN is that it's partially reflex/reaction-time based, so controlling the window of escape in a balanced manner is vital (as shown by recent changes to heroes like Drunken Master & Doctor Repulsor in terms of cooldowns).

You could make it cleaner by applying the Restrain after the stun expires on Wrath of the Pharaoh. It would also help make further Mummy Walls worse.

The lack of Feedback on Mummy Wall, and when you're Restrained could be annoying otherwise.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Hubaris said:

You could make it cleaner by applying the Restrain after the stun expires on Wrath of the Pharaoh. It would also help make further Mummy Walls worse.

The lack of Feedback on Mummy Wall, and when you're Restrained could be annoying otherwise.

Like what SBT Staff of the Master did to SBT Pharaoh, I wonder why this feature didn't get implemented to main game.

Edited by datfizh
0_0

I mean, I don't see it as needed, Pharaoh's kit is very strong and putting it on Mummies is probably overkill.

IF it is needed for whatever reason, I think putting it on Wrath makes more sense.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...