Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

I just joined a game with an alt account because I was banned for calling a guy retard after he said and I quote "fucking kid trash nigger nigger report me i dont care nigger nigger trash kid hope you get cancer, you were penetrated by your parents" in a game in which he did not participate. The game I just joined started with a guy spamming on mic "Don't pick jungle fucking monkey trashj brazilian mexican shit taco taco" 

You should stop punishing players who defend themselves from abusers over microphone. It's just infuriating when someone constantly harrasses you and u can't even kick them, if u mute them they start trolling and chasing u... and in the end u get banned for calling them retards once. GJ S2 games... oh wait... it's not s2 games anymore or is it

What I mean start punishing players who provoke others instead of the ones getting provoked. And stop banning for calling retards retards. Ban for racism when they call us tacos or mexicans or beaners. But no, u ban people for defending themselves and losing their patience to the actual bullies... LMAO

12 hours ago, spartaaah said:

What I mean start punishing players who provoke others instead of the ones getting provoked. And stop banning for calling retards retards. Ban for racism when they call us tacos or mexicans or beaners. But no, u ban people for defending themselves and losing their patience to the actual bullies... LMAO

Everyone is being punished if they are being reported.
You need to understand that rule violation is rule violation, regardless of whether it happens actively or reactively.
You violate the rules, you get punished.
I know the frustration of dealing with those people on your team myself and I usually just say "k" and mute them. and that resolves that issue for good.
And if they grief, what do I care, just another ruined match like 80% of the rest of them but atleast I have the satisfaction of knowing they will get suspended for it.
Altho in my case arguably that also benefits from the fact that for the most part I actually know what should be reported and what shouldn't so I don't waste my own RAP karma nor any GM's time (for the most part, as i said, few exceptions we all are human and make mistakes^^).

15 hours ago, spartaaah said:

I just joined a game with an alt account because I was banned for calling a guy retard after he said and I quote "fucking kid trash nigger nigger report me i dont care nigger nigger trash kid hope you get cancer, you were penetrated by your parents" in a game in which he did not participate. The game I just joined started with a guy spamming on mic "Don't pick jungle fucking monkey trashj brazilian mexican shit taco taco" 

You should stop punishing players who defend themselves from abusers over microphone. It's just infuriating when someone constantly harrasses you and u can't even kick them, if u mute them they start trolling and chasing u... and in the end u get banned for calling them retards once. GJ S2 games... oh wait... it's not s2 games anymore or is it

So if someone provokes you and you start cursing back you should be innocent? because he start it? hope you are not serious about it.
If someone does provoke you and you both starting to throw words at each other, racism homophobia etc then you both will be held responsible for your own actions, it doesn't matter if the X started, you are guilty as he is because you did break the rules yourself.
Cursing back is your way of defending yourself? well if that is then you are the same as the one who started the fight.
If you want justice to be served then you report, ignore him/them, if you can't play you can also leave and start another game but you just don't fight back, that won't get you anywhere !

3 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

Everyone who break the rules and reported ? not literally everyone who is reported regardless of the rule breaking.

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Posted (edited)

This is why the community has always been branded as one of the most toxic and racist communities and everyone cried until they migrated to other games. I mean. I love the game and I try my best everytime I play but you just leave my hands tied when This random guy starts insulting everyone, feeding. We are unable to kick them because you removed the option. If I mute them I lose ALL communication and makes teamplay harder. They continue to troll the game no matter how hard you try... If you leave you get punished. If you speak up you get punished. If you report, they don't get punished, If you keep playing you get frustrated over them trolling and insulting. If you ignore them you can still read racial slurs and insults in ALL CHAT... so.... what are you doing about trolls other than banning me for calling them retards? They call me monkey, they call me beaner, they call me nigga, they call me idiot, they whish me death, they say my parents fucked me when I was a boy, they want me to get cancer, they troll the game and won't leave, they continuously insult me in ALL CHAT, I lose team communication, I'm unable to kick them, I try to keep playing and they just keep trolling and it gets frustrating... let's ban me.

This game isn't f***ing League of Legends where I can just kill 10 teams with one hero because it's imba and you get stupidly OP and can single handedly carry everygame. Nope, HoN needs communication and teamplay. You just make it so difficult to evade trolls. 

Edited by spartaaah
Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2020 at 3:02 AM, MerryHONmas said:

You need to understand that rule violation is rule violation, regardless of whether it happens actively or reactively.
You violate the rules, you get punished.
I know the frustration of dealing with those people on your team myself and I usually just say "k" and mute them. and that resolves that issue for good.
And if they grief, what do I care, just another ruined match like 80% of the rest of them but atleast I have the satisfaction of knowing they will get suspended for it.
Altho in my case arguably that also benefits from the fact that for the most part I actually know what should be reported and what shouldn't so I don't waste my own RAP karma nor any GM's time (for the most part, as i said, few exceptions we all are human and make mistakes^^).

I do not think so. Referring to the same example, I reported this guy who said all that stuff for me. I got banned 3 games later the same day because I said "wow this team is retarded" and "cc u fuckers". Funny enough I started playing with an Alt account and to my surprise the guy I had reported was playing the same game and I kept track of him, never got banned. Nice ?

And yeah... another match ruined, let's move on and join a new one. OH SURPRISE! same guys, they gonna troll because they are still mad from last game so let's RQ and join a new match... OH NOES.. .same thing but with 2 other guys. beautiful gaming night.  This game has become less about skill and teamwork and more about who gets trolled the least by the rest of his team. I've had like 2 games in the month where people actually communicate and play their roles... didn't even win 1 of those but had a blast playing as a team and trying. Not ENDURING watching 3 guys trolling and calling everyone "NAB TACO BR U SUK GO DIE" following the carry through the jungle stealing their creeps, taking runes just for trolling, dying over and over and blaming team and REFUSING to concede ontil 45 minutes of wasted time watching they insult and die. But muting them is the solution? 

Reduce the time for a CC, the number of votes for a CC, bring back the kick feature for trolling, monitor the voice chat (people abuse it and there is not reporting someone over that, is there), make it so that when you mute somoene you mute only chat and voice but the ping communication functionality remains the same, reduce the punishment for leaving games (there are games that literally see 4 players in base) 

I don't know what else to say. To me the banning system is broken, nevertheless.. calling someone a retard is not homophobic, it is not racist, it's not  classist, it's just freedom of speech. LET ME CALL PEOPLE RETARDS AT LEAST. EASE THE FRUSTRATION FOR GODS SAKES

Edited by spartaaah
On 8/28/2020 at 6:11 AM, `Shattered said:

So if someone provokes you and you start cursing back you should be innocent? because he start it? hope you are not serious about it.
If someone does provoke you and you both starting to throw words at each other, racism homophobia etc then you both will be held responsible for your own actions, it doesn't matter if the X started, you are guilty as he is because you did break the rules yourself.
Cursing back is your way of defending yourself? well if that is then you are the same as the one who started the fight.
If you want justice to be served then you report, ignore him/them, if you can't play you can also leave and start another game but you just don't fight back, that won't get you anywhere !

Everyone who break the rules and reported ? not literally everyone who is reported regardless of the rule breaking.

Remove leaving punishment then ? if that's your best and only solution towards making the community and gameplay experience better.

4 hours ago, spartaaah said:

If you speak up you get punished. If you report, they don't get punished

I'm confused.  Does the report system work or does it not?

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

15 hours ago, spartaaah said:

Remove leaving punishment then ? if that's your best and only solution towards making the community and gameplay experience better.

No! You can LITERALLY put someone on ignore... wtf is your problem, why are you looking to get away with verbal abuse so hard... If someone bothers you, put them on ingore, problem solved.
Like, wth man...

12 hours ago, MacroHard said:

I'm confused.  Does the report system work or does it not?

It does but certain people don't seem to grasp the concept and report alot of false shit and through that have terrible report karma and then reports if justified won't get looked at because they are so far at the bottom of the prioirity list OR are not even deemed reliable enough...
But people rather blame the system instead of taking the 5 minutes to reflect on what happened and learn from it.
THIS in particular is THE biggest and maybe only issue the online gaming community has.
The ignorance and refusal of acknowledging ones own mistake and learning from it as long as there is someone else to blame for it even if it is blatant they are in no way involved.
For example someone respawning while the entire team is pushing bot, but instead they teleport top to farm, get caught and die again and proceed to blame the team for it cause "no help vodka vodka da da" (take with a grain of salt please). And then they report their entire team.

Always been like that, always will be like that.