Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
audrius145

Why can't HoN be original?

Hello
I am French I will correct the text with translate sorry in advance.
I loved playing ranked a few years ago on grimmcrosing 3v3.
why was it deleted?
do we have a chance to see her again later if the games restart well?
if not to come to your discussion I have already played a lot of times dota 2 but personally I find that it does not have the same gameplay as the hon.
hon and + animated + faster than dota so if the fps increases, it will be clearly nice thank you in advance for the future update.
and having the right click to denied the creeps added something relaxed in-game to that damage.
sorry for the corrector I hope my block will be readable thank you.
yes PS: plz nerf RA, armadon, legionnaire, Solstice they just abuse heroes there are others but these are the main ones =)

On 8/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, ScrubFactory said:

There´s so much BS in your post its difficult to even say anything. If you dont see the point of playing HoN then by all means, don´t play it?

You really think that current developers and balancers are going change their approach just because some random person on forum is pissed for some arbitrary things?

HoN has been here for over 10+ years...You know how many posts i´ve read where people say HoN will die because of X, Y or Z? Countless, you are just another one of those doomsayers thinking they know everything.

Just out of curiosity, what are the changes you expect so HoN would be its "own thing"? 

To be fair game is pretty dead tbh.
I started playing in 2009 and recently came back, in the past several days I qued I almost ALWAYS got someone who was in my previous game, or a game I played in the past couple days.

I shouldnt be running into the same people *FREQUENTLY* hours apart on different days in a robust alive community.

7 hours ago, Lady`nak said:

To be fair game is pretty dead tbh.
I started playing in 2009 and recently came back, in the past several days I qued I almost ALWAYS got someone who was in my previous game, or a game I played in the past couple days.

I shouldnt be running into the same people *FREQUENTLY* hours apart on different days in a robust alive community.

Dude, nobody has said the playerbase is Huge. You people have some really strange reasons to call a game dead. So you run into the same people who happen to be in a same bracket as you, who might queue up after a game just like you and thats the reason the game is dead? The game would be dead, if there is no games to be found at all. 

It just sounds so retarded. "I get to play with the same people so the game is dead". 

On 8/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, ScrubFactory said:

Dude, nobody has said the playerbase is Huge. You people have some really strange reasons to call a game dead. So you run into the same people who happen to be in a same bracket as you, who might queue up after a game just like you and thats the reason the game is dead? The game would be dead, if there is no games to be found at all. 

It just sounds so retarded. "I get to play with the same people so the game is dead". 

Dead games are considered anything with 5-10% of their original player-base and little to no competitive scene.
HoN was already reaching that % when I quit playing back around the time Warchief came out and has only gotten smaller. 
In 2009-10 I remember seeing well over 100k players on the counter and when I left i saw it as low as 3,000 on weeknights and no more than 15k on peak "gaming" hours. 
Now they don't even have a player counter and its pretty obvious why. 

This game as a whole has stopped growing and obtaining new players, that constitutes a dead game sorry but facts really dont give a fuck about your feelings. 

Posted (edited)

There we go again. You come up with your own description of a "Dead game" and think that is it. Too bad it doesn´t work that way.

Yeah, we don´t have a player counter, omg ded gaim! Who the hell cares about something so miniscule like a player counter? Only people like you who try to make their case for a dead game.

The game has gotten, and keeps getting regular patches which somehow does not fit the "dead game" argument. 

And to be honest I don´t give a fuck about what some random morons on forums say about a game they consider "dead" but regularly play, or play enough to take their time to post on its official forum. If I still get to play games on regular basis whenever I want and enjoy new balance patches, map changes etc then to me the game is far from dead. 

Its pretty clear that there are bunch of people who arent happy with some of the changes the developers have taken so they act out and start calling the game "dead" to somehow get back at the developers and its pretty pathetic. 

Edited by ScrubFactory

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2020 at 12:57 AM, ScrubFactory said:

There we go again. You come up with your own description of a "Dead game" and think that is it. Too bad it doesn´t work that way.

Yeah, we don´t have a player counter, omg ded gaim! Who the hell cares about something so miniscule like a player counter? Only people like you who try to make their case for a dead game.

The game has gotten, and keeps getting regular patches which somehow does not fit the "dead game" argument. 

And to be honest I don´t give a fuck about what some random morons on forums say about a game they consider "dead" but regularly play, or play enough to take their time to post on its official forum. If I still get to play games on regular basis whenever I want and enjoy new balance patches, map changes etc then to me the game is far from dead. 

Its pretty clear that there are bunch of people who arent happy with some of the changes the developers have taken so they act out and start calling the game "dead" to somehow get back at the developers and its pretty pathetic. 

First and foremost that isn't my own description of a dead game its pretty widely accepted that when a competitive scene of a game dies the end of that game is pretty close behind. 
I've been playing HoN since 2009, I have seen what it was and it is now a shell of what it used to be.

Ultima online was released in 1997 and still to this day gets patches but the player base is so small (not even in the 10's of thousands) pretty much everyone knows each other and has connected with each other at some point. 

I really don't care about there being a player counter either because it doesn't make a difference on the game play itself but the fact they removed it screams they dont want people to know how few players are actually on. While the game isn't dead it is dying and I don't say that casually because I defended it for many many years on these forums. If you really question that its dying the only fact you need is the developers are asking for handout donations now, its a charity case. If this game was flourishing and doing well they wouldnt need to ask for side donations you understand that right? 

I haven't even read the patch notes since I came back so it has nothing to do with me not being happy with changes, I came back because I missed the game and have enjoyed playing for the most part. Me calling it dead isnt a stab at the developers, more a stab at the people who are constantly toxic and drove 90+% of the player base away. You are clearly one of those toxic players because you instantly resort to calling people morons so keep that toxic behavior up and keep killing your beloved game more. I ahve to say if you didnt care about "morons" on the forums then you wouldnt be replying, just saying. The main reason I came onto the forums was to give frostburn shit for releasing skins that were supposed to be EA only but they didnt even have the nerve to tell me why. 

Between my many sub accounts I have literally several hundred friends and not a single one is online when I log in anymore. That says a lot.
Internet gamer since 1997 Ive seen many games I played come and go and HoN is on its last leg. 

Edited by Lady`nak
  • Sad 1

I thank you for recognising my ability to drive players away with simple words such as "moron". The fact that Valve created Dota2 and held 1 million dollar competition year after year had nothing to do with the players leaving, right. Nope, it was toxic players like myself who somehow managed to scare away a whopping 90% of the playersbase. Nice theory and nice made up statistics..hence "moron".

If you are thin skinned and need mommy to hold your hand during games of HoN then maybe you have chosen a wrong game. Or You can always use /ignorechat command. But why use it, right? Rather whine how people are toxic.

They removed player counter because it was constantly used by small minded people (morons) like yourself to create threads such as this calling the game "dead" or "dying". I´ve read thread after thread after thread with the same "HoN is ded geim" since 2012. It is now 2020. And look, threads like these still pop up. 

I don´t care about moronic opinions because it doesnt affect me in anyway. You think reading bullshit whiny threads such as this is gonna make me think twice before launching HoN? No, it does not, therefore I don´t care these opinions which are so often made sound like facts. I can however respond and express my own opinions.

I think its a fantastic idea to get community more involved to further develop the game. I suppose morons like you prefer to have developers who do their bare minimum just to cash in paycheck after paycheck. You belittling the effort shows a lot about your personality which I guess is also the reason why none of your friends appear online.

18 hours ago, Lady`nak said:

The main reason I came onto the forums was to give frostburn shit for releasing skins that were supposed to be EA only but they didnt even have the nerve to tell me why. 

Oh look, you cry how the game is "dying" but want to give developers shit for releasing content previously unavailable to everyone. How small minded of you. Moron is a perfect description of you after all.

Sorry pal, you are the only one here who cares so much like to reply to every1 else here about how "not dead" the game is. Cant wait to hear my you are a moron reply. Let me grab my popcorn.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ScrubFactory said:

I thank you for recognizing my ability to drive players away with simple words such as "moron". The fact that Valve created Dota2 and held 1 million dollar competition year after year had nothing to do with the players leaving, right. Nope, it was toxic players like myself who somehow managed to scare away a whopping 90% of the playersbase. Nice theory and nice made up statistics..hence "moron".

If you are thin skinned and need mommy to hold your hand during games of HoN then maybe you have chosen a wrong game. Or You can always use /ignorechat command. But why use it, right? Rather whine how people are toxic.

I don´t care about moronic opinions  I can however respond and express my own opinions.

I think its a fantastic idea to get community more involved to further develop the game. I suppose morons like you prefer to have developers who do their bare minimum just to cash in paycheck after paycheck. You belittling the effort shows a lot about your personality which I guess is also the reason why none of your friends appear online.

Oh look, you cry how the game is "dying" but want to give developers shit for releasing content previously unavailable to everyone. How small minded of you. Moron is a perfect description of you after all.

https://steamcharts.com/app/570
Actually you just further proved my point. DotA can afford to host million dollar tournaments and has a concurrent 11 million players. Still averaging over 400,000 players a month which is something HoN couldnt gather in a full year. DotA 2 is only 3 years younger but still has several thousand times the player base of hon..... hm I wonder why. 

I would hardly call it a theory, 9/10 players on my friends list that quit told me the reason they are quitting is the community and how people act--- to touch further most of these quit when they merged us with Latin America again because they hated how Latin players acted.

I don't have thin skin and certainly dont need anyone to coddle me. My ignore list is so full that when I type /ignore list it actually makes my game crash, so yes I use that ignore function quite well I bet one of your accounts is on there somewhere if this is how you act ingame also instantly resorting to name calling. I bet you're like the DM who called mid after me, proceeded to call me noob, came mid with me and fed all game continuing to call me a noob and flaming all game for absolutely no reason. This is a team game kid, I can ignore list everyone on my team but that would be counter productive. I dont want to have to hinder myself ingame and ignore my teammates because they act like a toxic child like yourself.

People who dont care about something, dont express their opinions when someone disagrees with them. 

The guy who instantly resorts to name calling wants to talk about personality? You're a sad soul. And what would that have anything to do with my friends not being online? If it was my personality they would have removed me, but they didnt. They just quit because this community is shit. I am not belittling anyones efforts, but if you think a game developer asking for money isnt a charity case then the jokes on you. What that says is they arent making enough money in the first place and if that's not a sign of a dead game im not sure what is.

Im sorry but when I purchased it they advertised it as "Early access" and that only players who bought it during that time could obtain that skin. You think its small minded? 
The Volkswagen company owns Lamborghini. If they made a special edition lambo and said this will only be in production and sale for 6 months and 10 collectors purchased one then there should only be 10 in production for a lifetime. If Volkswagen decided to start reproducing them it would go against what they said and it shows severe lack of respect/integrity for their customers from said company.

I'm not small minded to expect a company to own up to its claim. I expect a business to uphold its agreement with its customers. 

Honestly you lost this argument as soon as you resorted to name calling. It shows that you have nothing else to go on besides passing judgment on someone you actually know nothing about. Its quite pathetic actually, I know children dont play this game so you are a full grown adult that acts like this... pretty sad dude. 

Edited by Lady`nak

Dota2 can afford to host the tournaments because they huge company behind it. You honestly compare the ability to market and attract players of Valve to small indy company S2?

Just now, Lady`nak said:

9/10 players on my friends list that quit told me the reason they are quitting is the community and how people act

Oh, I´m sorry, well as long as your friends told you that it must be true /sarcasm. That´s called an anecdotal evidence.

Just now, Lady`nak said:

What that says is they arent making enough money in the first place and if that's not a sign of a dead game im not sure what is.

You just don´t get it. There are things FB wants to do but Garena won´t allocate funds for because reasons. Developers then come up with an idea to turn to community to see if they can work something out. They did just that and it seems to be working our pretty well so far. If you don´t like it, too bad.

Just now, Lady`nak said:

Im sorry but when I purchased it they advertised it as "Early access" and that only players who bought it during that time could obtain that skin. You think its small minded? 

Except that you now deal with another company. If you got issues you can turn to S2 who made that "promise".

6 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

Dota2 can afford to host the tournaments because they huge company behind it. You honestly compare the ability to market and attract players of Valve to small indy company S2?

Except that you now deal with another company. If you got issues you can turn to S2 who made that "promise".

Wait so am I dealing with S2 or not? You just said S2 cant compare with Valve, but then said Im not dealing with S2.
Honestly you're so stupid it hurts ill just leave now. I know its frostburn now. I was a GM for this game when Frostburn took over S2 but jokes on you because the team stayed the same the whole time. 

Edited by Lady`nak

32 minutes ago, Lady`nak said:

Wait so am I dealing with S2 or not? You just said S2 cant compare with Valve, but then said Im not dealing with S2.
Honestly you're so stupid it hurts ill just leave now. I know its frostburn now. I was a GM for this game when Frostburn took over S2 but jokes on you because the team stayed the same the whole time. 

When Valve released Dota2 HoN was developed by S2 Games. So yes, you cant compare Valve to S2. 

Doesnt matter if the team stayed the same, company is new and cant be held accountable for promises made by S2. 

You are moron after all. 

5 hours ago, ScrubFactory said:

When Valve released Dota2 HoN was developed by S2 Games. So yes, you cant compare Valve to S2. 

Doesnt matter if the team stayed the same, company is new and cant be held accountable for promises made by S2. 

You are moron after all. 

After reading this whole thread, congratz you're the most delusional idiot I've ever seen. You're in such huge denial that it baffles me that people like you exist lmao, well enjoy your toxic game, people like are the ones that killed the community, moron. 

2 hours ago, audrius145 said:

After reading this whole thread, congratz you're the most delusional idiot I've ever seen. You're in such huge denial that it baffles me that people like you exist lmao, well enjoy your toxic game, people like are the ones that killed the community, moron. 

How original.

This thread is done as it went far off topic and devolved into flame wars. 

HoN is original enough by keeping as true as it can to classic DotA compared to the other games. That's one of its niches. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1