Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

[Donations] Support HoN via Donation Goals!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Lifewaster Hey there. I understand where you're coming from, I'd like to clarify this so others can read it too on why we are moving towards 64-Bit and the benefits it can bring to the game

How much do I have to donate to get a Staff of the Master effect on Engineer?

Hi all,   I can give a small update - we've been working on the HoN 64-bit client for a while (long before the donations page was created). One of the main barriers is the proper implementat

16 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

ok, so does my money when i buy Goldcoins go to the stuff that actually supports and works on HoN?

or just someone else that only has the rights and don't cares?

Sure, players who buy gold coins keep the servers going, employees working etc.

Edited by ScrubFactory
17 hours ago, TobakaZ said:

How much do I have to donate to get a Staff of the Master effect on Engineer?

Hopefully every buff comes with a nerf. Engineer was already too much over-performing with his higher-than-an-average-nuker damage output, plus a stun, a silence (or two) and a slow spell.

12 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

is it possible that there will be new heroes when enough donations come in?

I recall them saying that Heroes can take upward to 40k USD, which includes all the work that goes into testing, avatars, sounds, voices, etc.

That and each new Hero needs a reason to be in the game; it is pretty rough when a lot of niches are already kind of crowded.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Confused 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Love game, wanna donate 192 000 £(Saving up for the moment when the developers go bankrupt to buy the rights to the game) but still have no reasons, no one response for When I ask you to remove devourer or symbol of rage, or even all the trash from the DotA, which is already tired for 5 years. So, no, I'm still waiting for a decent patch for which you can return to the game. Thank you, I'm still waiting. Balance kill my dreams of return

• Sad 4
On 9/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, ZLOfm said:

Love game, wanna donate 192 000 £(Saving up for the moment when the developers go bankrupt to buy the rights to the game) but still have no reasons, no one response for When I ask you to remove devourer or symbol of rage, or even all the trash from the DotA, which is already tired for 5 years. So, no, I'm still waiting for a decent patch for which you can return to the game. Thank you, I'm still waiting. Balance kill my dreams of return

I so understand you.

Sadly this will never change. If u donate they use the money for Tournaments and a 64bit mode or some crap.
i think only a small portion of the money goes into balancing and game support.
Best way to support at the moment is by buying gold coins, so at least u get something for the money
and still be able to support the game u love.

Edited by Lifewaster
13 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

I so understand you.

Sadly this will never change. If u donate they use the money for Tournaments and a 64bit mode or some crap.
i think only a small portion of the money goes into balancing and game support.
Best way to support at the moment is by buying gold coins, so at least u get something for the money
and still be able to support the game u love.

You so understand a known troll of the forums? Laughable.

It amazes me that you fail to comprehend that maybe 64bit client would make MidWars more enjoyable as well?

2 hours ago, ScrubFactory said:

You so understand a known troll of the forums? Laughable.

It amazes me that you fail to comprehend that maybe 64bit client would make MidWars more enjoyable as well?

Does this change the balance?

I don't think so.
i dont care about graphics or performance. Its all good enough.
I want the game to make fun, and i get fun from fair chances.

34 minutes ago, Lifewaster said:

Does this change the balance?

I don't think so.
i dont care about graphics or performance. Its all good enough.
I want the game to make fun, and i get fun from fair chances.

but 64bit client will also create "fun and fair chances" in midwars for everyone playing that mode because it may for example reduce crashes in that mode

@Lifewaster

Hey there.

I understand where you're coming from, I'd like to clarify this so others can read it too on why we are moving towards 64-Bit and the benefits it can bring to the game.

HoN is currently built on technology that is literally 15 years old ( Visual Studio 2005 ) and most of the libraries for the game are a decade old at this point, if you look at the post above, that guy can't even play the game because its SO OLD that apple has removed support for the ability to play on HoN's tech.

Although maybe you get great performance I've heard nothing but the opposite for years, I get PM's, DM's non stop telling me they're getting 35 FPS in team fights on even $2000+ computers, the game is laggy, crashing, freezing all the time, and it is impossible to upgrade the game in any substantial way including DX11/Vulkan or anything like that on what we're currently using.

This isn't just upgrading the game, it's a rebuild of the foundation allowing bigger and better changes moving forward, we plan to release this VERY VERY soon.

The benefits of 64-Bit are far more than just more FPS, this also applies to Game Servers, which will also be upgraded with the same treatment, giving servers a 30% performance boost, so there's that as well.

And ontop of that, bringing Mac OSX back to life, which users haven't being able to play on for a long while now.

• Major Client Stability/FPS
  • Major Server Performance Boosts
  • Fixes MacOSX Catalina allowing users to play again
  • Upgrades important security / networking libraries
  • Stepping stone for much bigger upgrades moving forward

This is way, way, way overdue, and honestly I think you'll be pleased with it when it comes out and I hope you give it a try, especially if you're rocking a 144hz + monitor or a higher resolution than 1080p, you'll really be able to take advantage of it.

We have been testing this behind the scenes for 2 years now and we have got outstanding feedback from it, players even refusing to play 32-Bit anymore

I am in not way discrediting your point, I just want you to at least understand why this is much more than just an FPS upgrade ? thanks for reading!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
On 9/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, HyperXewl said:

[...]

We have been testing this behind the scenes for 2 years now and we have got outstanding feedback from it, players even refusing to play 32-Bit anymore

Does the current alpha/beta client work with the live patch running now? If so, poke me if you need someone to help test it ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:23 AM, Stevemon said:

Does the current alpha/beta client work with the live patch running now? If so, poke me if you need someone to help test it ?

Oh, I know the alternative if you really want to contribute on testing. Head this link I provide: 

More or less you could contribute to some parts of this game.

Will HoN be available for Linux distros (mint/ubuntu) in a near future?

Edit:

I had a game on linux mint. I downloaded the game from here:

http://dl.heroesofnewerth.com/installers/linux/HoNClient.sh

The loading assets screen freezed (I used classic main interface and reconnected to solved the issue), tho. And I think had more fps than on windows 10.

Edited by CuysauruS