Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

[Donations] Support HoN via Donation Goals!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Lifewaster Hey there. I understand where you're coming from, I'd like to clarify this so others can read it too on why we are moving towards 64-Bit and the benefits it can bring to the game

How much do I have to donate to get a Staff of the Master effect on Engineer?

Hi all,   I can give a small update - we've been working on the HoN 64-bit client for a while (long before the donations page was created). One of the main barriers is the proper implementat

Hi all,

I can give a small update - we've been working on the HoN 64-bit client for a while (long before the donations page was created). One of the main barriers is the proper implementation of the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) to replace Awesomium for 32 & 64 bit clients, since Awesomium has no 64-bit equivalent (the library was abandoned by its developers).

Chromium is necessary to integrate to the HoN Client before we can make the client available publically, since a web browser library is required for the in-game Message-of-the-Day (MotD) panels to be displayed to the user. As you noticed, we have been updating the MotD regularly to keep HoN players up-to-date (especially for the majority of players who don't actually read the forums). We do not have an accurate ETA, but we're hoping we can release a public beta version (unsure about open or closed beta at the moment) of the 64-bit client within the next few months.

Regarding the Winter Forests of Caldavar map, I'm very happy to see that the donation progress is almost halfway fulfilled! ? hopefully we will be able to get enough for Strider to put Newerth in a wintery atmosphere for the December 2020 patch! Strider is the HoN alias/handle of our professional map editor who used to work with us & will be doing the work if we meet the donation goal.

Thank you so much for your generosity! Our developers appreciate all of the help ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I sent a ticket about prices for some european countries and told them about currency differences with dollar. Asked some discount for a little amount of time and the answer i got was "we cant reduce the gold coin prices" well okay. Thats the reason im not buying gold coins for years. I want to. But i cant. Its quiet expensive for me. I want to help to keep this game alive but im also trying to keep myself alive to loll

4 hours ago, seatbelt said:

I sent a ticket about prices for some european countries and told them about currency differences with dollar. Asked some discount for a little amount of time and the answer i got was "we cant reduce the gold coin prices" well okay. Thats the reason im not buying gold coins for years. I want to. But i cant. Its quiet expensive for me. I want to help to keep this game alive but im also trying to keep myself alive to loll

What exactly does that have to do with the donations? They are independent from gold coin purchases. You can give the amount you want for the goal you want to see achieved in Newerth.

5 hours ago, seatbelt said:

but you need to understand that if they changed the price based on your country, then that would be probably easily exploited by using VPNs and other such services so it will look like as if you are from different country and thus you will pay different price

On 8/6/2020 at 2:46 AM, ElementUser said:
  • Solving some of the game's core issues, such as:
    • The lack of apparent account value
    • New player experience (and fixing bots)
    • Smurfing & how easy it is to just make a new account and enter ranked CoN games right away

What kind of plans do You have regarding this part? This is one I´m most curious about.

Posted (edited)

We'll get to it when we can. Right now, x64 is the priority because it actually enables the work/makes it a lot easier to do what you quoted.

Also, there's only so much we can actually disclose regarding the details when we implement said changes (otherwise, exploiters will just bypass the system if they know the details of the systemic changes).

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2

It's hard to donate when Garena HoN staff are legit crap. Queue bugs that never get fixed, DDOSers that take forever to ban, a client that keeps trying to startup on boot while avoiding detection, no GM team, no communication, etc.

Hi,

is it possible to suggest improvements to HoN to be added to the donation options somewhere? For example, I'd donate to have the HoN wiki updated (as a new player, It'd be really nice to have the actual rules of the game written down somewhere ;)).

I'd also donate to have up-to-date game data (surely you can write a script to extract this from the client?) in machine readable format.

cheers!

Are there any plans to update the graphics(at least bit by bit) or is that too large of a project for the FB team?  Also, what will the x64 update improve and allow us to do that we couldn't do with the older client?  Thank you.

Edited by quick5ilver
clarification
3 hours ago, quick5ilver said:

Are there any plans to update the graphics(at least bit by bit) or is that too large of a project for the FB team?  Also, what will the x64 update improve and allow us to do that we couldn't do with the older client?  Thank you.

I doubt you will see any major graphical updates unless some big companies or persons want to sponsor that part. It's extremely hard to update some parts of the graphics without changing other aspects. 

In short, the 64-bit upgrade will increase FPS and load times. It might also resolve some of the FPS drops that a few people report (that's pure speculation from my PoV).
The R&D donation goal will also cover server stability and quality upgrades.

Personally, I'd like to see some content rotations and/or goals. Just like we had with The War Effort and Codex in the past.

• Like 3
On 8/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Tchado said:

Edit: So I just checked , I can donate. I find it very hypocritical that I cant buy gold coins because they "arent available in my country" , but there is no problem accepting my paypal money. Sadly hilarious.

You can buy GC with paypal now bro.  They recently added paypal because xsolla was garbage.  Check it out!

20 hours ago, Stormeren said:

Personally, I'd like to see some content rotations and/or goals. Just like we had with The War Effort and Codex in the past.

Battle pass maybe?  Good source of cash for FB and perks for us!  I only mentioned that because someone posted a thread on it and i think its a good idea(i would buy it.)

Posted (edited)

Oh, someone completed the donation goal for the Winter Map! ?

I've already talked to Strider about the map last week since I had a feeling the donation goal would be finished soon & he should be good to start on that any time.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 3

Will the said changes for all donations goals cover SEA Region as well? I just feel very left out in that region by Garena, I already donated and it is what it is but would like to know regardless.

4 hours ago, Cederic said:

Will the said changes for all donations goals cover SEA Region as well? I just feel very left out in that region by Garena, I already donated and it is what it is but would like to know regardless.

What I'm pretty sure about the answer is donation for HoN OMG tour, it's not intended to cover SEA region so Garena region may not get the benefit except Garena team participates on the tour.