I am returning to HoN I hope it is still active.

1 hour ago, `Tusk` said:

Unfortunately most of my games are still ruined by BR and LA players. I don't get why they continue to troll buying frost burn  item in Mid Wars

Frostburn item isn't always a bad choice in midwars. I don't see how buying an item in midwars like frostburn is an act of troll !!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, desdespy said:

Frostburn item isn't always a bad choice in midwars. I don't see how buying an item in midwars like frostburn is an act of troll !!

Nah man not following another player's item requests in Mid Wars is 100% troll, better IP ban all of LAT

• Haha 1

Yes, HoN is very much alive. There are a lot of new  players due to quarantine and as EU stated before there is a peak number of players at the moment and a lot of servers are full.

For me it usually takes 2-5 Minutes max. Depending on daytime and server.

Try to find a few friends and queue with them, especially if you feel you have a certain level of playing. Otherwise the playing with new players may lead to frustration because there are gaps of MMR and Skill, especially in the range 1400-1600. Especially in midwars there can be huge gaps of MMR. So playing with friends will prevent this from happening.

Due to the lack of people at the studio there will be no new skins or further big updates.

To the grief topic:

Well there is a big difference depending on communication. Usually it is not grief and people have reasons for buying an Item.

If you do not agree on someones choice you are free to point that out. I usually try to help people and communicate in which situation what item is the best choice or a must have.

The reaction makes the difference:

- If they just say 'fuck you' and go for troll items then it is clearly grief. And you are free to report them for item abuse.

- If they communicate in a cultured way and tell me that they like that style of play - then it is ok, it is their choice. Or they don't reply at all - maybe they don't understand what you say.

Also keep an eye on your choice of words. That changes a lot of things for other people. If you are agressive in the first place it is understandable that they don't listen to you.

Edited by Guccikd
  • Like 2

Want to help the HoN Communitiy and the Devs?

Volunteer as a Mod, GM or RCT!

Nice people included ?

6 hours ago, `Tusk` said:

Unfortunately most of my games are still ruined by BR and LA players. I don't get why they continue to troll buying frost burn  item in Mid Wars

There are troll players in any servers and in any location, it's not restricted to BR and LA players.

Buying frostburn in midwars is considered a good choice in many heroes, because you can upgrade to dawnbringer, a very common choice in that mode

If you're having problems with brs and LAs, you're probably not being very friendly. 90% of all toxic players are too embarassed to be toxic if you just treat them well and apologize even though you did nothing wrong.

But if you see someone buying an item and say "wtf are you doing???" of course they are going to be toxic back

• Thanks 1

The best buff your hero needs is you being nice to your team

11 hours ago, `Tusk` said:

Hello how long will it take to find a match in Mid Wars?

I am returning full time to HoN

Are there any new avatars or anything like that in recent times?

Responding to your topic question, we had to increase the number of servers due to COVID isolation and increase of player number, so I would say our state is pretty good right now. Midwarswise (in my little experience on the last few days), if you solo queue it takes from 30s to 5 minutes, depending on the time, if you 5 queue it varies from 2 to 15 minutes

The best buff your hero needs is you being nice to your team

The only time I would buy dawnbringer in midwars is if I'm looking to replace boots (as last item), its well-worth the item slot in this instance. I personally think frostburn is a pretty terrible item (even in foc), only worth it if you want to be more bulky early game.

• Like 1

Just returned as well, been gone about 3 years.  Had to scratch my head given when I stopped playing HoN i was 1890s MMR and now all my accounts are at 0.  I haven't the heart to even attempt to try a normal ranked game.  Have no desire to get mmr screwed by LAT players, be there with an 8.0 kdr and below 1500 mmr.  I just stick to mid wars and have as much fun as possible.  If Mid Wars is any guise to the quality of players that will be waiting for me in the entry to ranked bracket I have no want or need to be there lol.

On 5/1/2020 at 3:28 AM, DemonicRuins said:

Just returned as well, been gone about 3 years.  Had to scratch my head given when I stopped playing HoN i was 1890s MMR and now all my accounts are at 0.  I haven't the heart to even attempt to try a normal ranked game.  Have no desire to get mmr screwed by LAT players, be there with an 8.0 kdr and below 1500 mmr.  I just stick to mid wars and have as much fun as possible.  If Mid Wars is any guise to the quality of players that will be waiting for me in the entry to ranked bracket I have no want or need to be there lol.

If competition is what you find most fun then, you're right. But if you have friends to queue with, this can also be fun (this is most so, what I enjoy). Nothing great waits for you at 1890 rating, the same kind of games after many 10's of minutes waits, no real reason to climb (unless you're egotistical enough to care about ladder ranking, lol).

Edit: Also welcome back bruh.

Edited by TehNubZar
  • Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 3:46 AM, TehNubZar said:

If competition is what you find most fun then, you're right. But if you have friends to queue with, this can also be fun (this is most so, what I enjoy). Nothing great waits for you at 1890 rating, the same kind of games after many 10's of minutes waits, no real reason to climb (unless you're egotistical enough to care about ladder ranking, lol).

Edit: Also welcome back bruh.

I took the plunge and tried out ranked... First 6 games was as expected.  I was the only English speaker on the NA server I was playing on, other side was groups of 2-3 and spoke English (had decent convos in all chat during the game as they laughed at what I was dealing with lol).  Did try to reach out to players I played with in the past but they all did as I did and moved on to Dota2 and have no want or need to revisit this game for aforementioned reason. Was deff fun having those nostalgic feels hearing that pre-lobby horn and music but just can't tolerate being in a game where you have to learn Spanish/Portuguese to play on the NA servers only to have 4 of your teammates all roll hard/semi carry rocking .3-.6 KDRs.  Just best to move on for me, playing ranked is quite literally bringing out the inner most racist worst side of me lol. Good luck with HoN and good gaming!