Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Chat Abuse Ban should go both ways

Hello,

My account was banned on account of chat abuse. I didn't start it. The person abused me for no reason because I went top lane. 

What was I suppose to do? Bend over and take it? Please check chat log and award him the ban as well. Chat abuse should not be tolerated from either parties. Just because he reported it doesn't mean he is exempt from the rules. 

I didn't start it. I was only retaliating. 

Edited by StringTheory
Calling out player.

you should have "took it" and reported him after the match

if you dont report anyone, then no one will be banned. You can see it in your case, he obviously reported you and you got banned.

Using chat abuse as an answer to chat abuse is not tolerated as you now know

It is against the rules to call others out. Other's actions aren't justification for your own. If others break the rules you should just file an in-game report instead of breaking the rules yourself. If you would like to appeal the decision then submit a ticket here: https://rap.heroesofnewerth.com/auth

P.S. The player in question has been handled. 

Edited by StringTheory
1 hour ago, RKuken_ said:

Also, if you're not one of the GM team, why are you posting here? 

Also as a response to this, everyone who has info on something is free to post it wherever they want too as long as they follow guidelines and rules.

So GM or not, does not matter as long as what is stated is correct.

Also your attitude man....

Ok guys, the OP got his/her answer to his questions, so I guess there is no need to keep this thread open anymore since is going nowhere.
If anyone have more questions, then feel free to open a new thread 

Enjoy your day!

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<