Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Ill be honest with you. I think this patch just killed dual lane as it is, considering it was balanaced before, now with the grave locket nerf and jungle buff, jungle heroes are lvl 11 at 9 mins, dominating the game.

The reason why i came back to hon was because dual lane was possible again, now its garbage... again.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YoUCan`THidE said:

Ill be honest with you. I think this patch just killed dual lane as it is, considering it was balanaced before, now with the grave locket nerf and jungle buff, jungle heroes are lvl 11 at 9 mins, dominating the game.

The reason why i came back to hon was because dual lane was possible again, now its garbage... again.

Okay. That doesn't tell me much other than how you feel about something with 2 days' worth of games.

If you want changes, then tell me more precisely what solutions you would personally implement. Also some questions you should answer:

• What exactly is it about the jungle that makes it too good?
  • What exactly about dual lanes makes it not good (I doubt it's just the one Grave Locket nerf in this patch)?
Edited by ElementUser

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ElementUser said:

• What exactly is it about the jungle that makes it too good?

The additionaI medium camp which can be farmed by aII jungIe heroes IvI 1 and the fact that it is so easy to doubIe stack/farm hard + medium.

I was IvI 5 soIs 2:40min and I'm sure better pIayers gonna be even faster.

Edit: AIso the new hard camp + medium camp are just near the rune, which makes you have an aImost guaranted fuII bottIe + goId or powerup every 2min.

DuaI manup Ianes are stiII good it's just more of a risk since you have to win manup Iane or you gonna have 2 useIess heroes. JungIe on the other hand is a pretty save bet for a farmed hero.

Edited by Froschbein
  • Like 1

Dual manups are only good if you absolutely wreck on you lane, otherwise the jungler who is 4 levels higher than you just gonna wreck you instead.

I'd still prefer a dual lane over the jungle meta. The farm advantage your carry gains over the enemy carry is just huge (unless you pick a terrible long lane). You can ward to prevent jungle ganks, you can even gank the jungle or at least annoy him. Core jungle heroes have always been a threat to a dual offlane. They were always farming really fast. As legio/parasite you usually hit level 6 around 4 minute mark while sharing XP on a dual lane makes you underleveled and a potential kill. But then again, your carry is freefarming and the enemy carry is not. I'd still say that's a bigger advantage than having a jungler with some more levels. As soon as the enemy jungler leaves the jungle, your carry will be having his farming item and can clear jungle/lanes/anchients. The early farming item scales hard into mid/late game and unless the carry gets killed a couple of times he will usually outcarry the enemy team.

16 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

I'd still prefer a dual lane over the jungle meta. The farm advantage your carry gains over the enemy carry is just huge (unless you pick a terrible long lane). You can ward to prevent jungle ganks, you can even gank the jungle or at least annoy him. Core jungle heroes have always been a threat to a dual offlane. They were always farming really fast. As legio/parasite you usually hit level 6 around 4 minute mark while sharing XP on a dual lane makes you underleveled and a potential kill. But then again, your carry is freefarming and the enemy carry is not. I'd still say that's a bigger advantage than having a jungler with some more levels. As soon as the enemy jungler leaves the jungle, your carry will be having his farming item and can clear jungle/lanes/anchients. The early farming item scales hard into mid/late game and unless the carry gets killed a couple of times he will usually outcarry the enemy team.

THANK U, pls all u folks, read this 100 times and then thrice more just to make sure. ❤️

I'm not a jungler player but my sense having a medium camp v.s. ancients makes more weak jungle heroes viable again e.g. Salf/DR but makes it harder for core jungle heroes e.g. Legio/Sols to really take off after the early game. For example, Legio/Sols can take thriple-stacked ancient camps by 10min, which is what really propels them in gold/xp advantage, but now having a medium camp in place of it means Legio/Sols can maybe hit lvl 6 a minute earlier than with the older jungle but will be more gimped in terms of farm & xp as the game progresses. Jungle heroes can snowball earlier with this jungle but there's a static difference in gold + xp availability in the jungle now between having a medium camp v.s. ancient camp that threatens its ability to scale as well throughout the game.

I'm curious how fast a skilled Legio can obtain his typical laning items e.g. Striders/Whispering/PK in this jungle v.s. old jungle (about 11min I believe) as this would either justify/weaken my argument.

Edited by agentzer0

On 8/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, agentzer0 said:

I'm curious how fast a skilled Legio can obtain his typical laning items e.g. Striders/Whispering/PK in this jungle v.s. old jungle (about 11min I believe) as this would either justify/weaken my argument.

I didn't try Iegio yet but: Parasite has mock between 10:30 and 11:30min (depending on vagabond spawns) and my new favorite Keeper of the Forest has IvI 6 + AbysaI SkuII at 4:30min.

17 hours ago, Froschbein said:

I didn't try Iegio yet but: Parasite has mock between 10:30 and 11:30min (depending on vagabond spawns) and my new favorite Keeper of the Forest has IvI 6 + AbysaI SkuII at 4:30min.

How fast would you get to those points with para/keeper in the old jungle?