Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Extremely low Frame's, and stuttering threw out the entirety of a match. GPU and CPU usage are extremely low as well. Around 20% on the CPU and 7% on the GPU. 

Window's 10 Pro

AMD FX 8320 3.5gz

GTX 1660

16gb

Edit: Wondering if this is just common place, or if my pc truly doesn't live up to this games requirements. 

Edited by brianrigg93
  • 2 weeks later...

A low cpu-frequency is usually a big part when HoN isn't running too good. Your CPU shouldn't be too bad, so you should reach at least 60 fps when no action is happening.
Gpus don't really matter anymore. You can play HoN with recent onboard graphics.

Anyways, on Windows the Nvidia drivers are known to have problems with detecting HoN as a performance-needing application (that might be related to only requiring 20%). The other option is that the game doesn't use your nvidia-graphics card at all.
So either way, you should browse through your nvidia-settings and find the place to put your 1660 into performance-mode when HoN is running.

• Thanks 1

I do manage 90 - 100 fps, as the game goes on though, I slowly start to lose fps. I took note of what you said "Your CPU shouldn't be too bad, so you should reach at least 60 fps when no action is happening." and kept and eye on my FPS In and out of active area's and seen no drops in fps early into a match.  Maybe this is some kind of a memory leak issue that you are unaware of, because I shouldn't have 10 - 15 FPS by the end of the game.

Edit: I'm no tech genius, but I get better performance in the new Call of Duty then this game. 

Edited by brianrigg93