Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Floofboy

Legion jungle is worse than Hellborne (screenshots)

In my opinion, the Hellborne jungle's most valuable ward spot is this one:

spacer.png

Anywhere on that spot and you get vision of:
- Rune
- Important ganking paths
- Two creep camps

It's the vision of those 2 creep camps that lets you double stack them easily by standing around where Empath is now. Although with these jungle changes, I'm not so sure stacking the medium camp is a good at all idea anymore, since during the laning phase at least, it looks to be more of use to the Long Lane.

Now, if we go over to the mirror of this spot on the Legion side:

spacer.png

We have a problem.
A ward placed on this spot gives you vision of:
- Rune
- Important ganking paths
- The new hard camp, which you could always already stack with the new medium camp without wards.

If you want to double stack the easy and medium camps, you have to place this ward a few pixels downwards:

spacer.png

However, you lose sight of the rune, and only barely get vision of the easy camp. The new map changes seem to also make it even more difficult to get vision of the medium camp as well.

I think it's good to think of solutions if you notice problems so, my proposed solution would be to move that little rocky ward tower a good few inches to the right, perhaps one Witch Slayer's stun distance, on the other side of those steps into the jungle.
I think this would make the ward spot better and provide similar vision as its brother on the Hellborne side.

As of right now, whenever I play support I always wish I was on the Hellborne since it's easier to stack their jungle. Although I was pleased to find the Hard/Easy camps nearer to mid on the Legion side are easier to double stack now.
Personally I have a general grievance with the "select few dedicated warding spots" vs. the older versions of the map that had multiple areas with elevated cliffs all over the place. I used to pride myself as a support for knowing a ton of creative, lesser-known warding spots that would do multiple jobs; but maybe that should be its own thread.
Hoping we can get both Jungles to be just as good as the other, although pls don't do this by taking away that first ward spot.

Cheers guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never noticed that at first.. I would like to see it fixed as well.

• Like 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Considering the sensitivity of that area when it comes to vision, what I'm likely to do is just move the rune about 100-200 units southeast & move the pillar slightly southeast as well.

• Like 1