Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Diabetis

constantly spamming remake vote

Thing that came to my mind after seeing remake vote being spammed over and over again every game, regardless if there is a leaver or not, is... why is that thing still in the game. There is no point of the Remake feature in HoN. Id say that 1 out of 20 games are being remade and it's mostly cuz of a shitty reason like: enemy spamming it because his team is weaker, because they fucked up pics or because they got a known griefer in the team and they want to get out... none of these reasons are valid to remake the match. The only matches that require a remake should be tourney matches, but since admin can remake it or pause it with the command, there is literally 0 good reasons for that vote to still be ingame.

Look at dota, they dont have remake vote and everything is going fine. In hon it's just being used as a trolling feature, especially after a different guy can call the vote exactly after one vote was rejected. So game until 7:30 (when remake vote is disabled) is completely unplayable. Please consider removing this useless hon feature.

• Like 2

I agree with the spamming issue, it's really really annoying... I wish there was a higher cooldown in that.

What I would like to see tho, it's the remake vote being replaced by a "fast surrender" vote, callable only before min mark 10 and only if you got at least 1 terminated player in your team.

Fast cc vote makes the losing team lose only 1/3 of the MMR and makes the winning team win 1/2 of the MMR... something like this.

In this way you don't penalize the teams too much, and also it will punish the leaver properly, since the game gets actually recorded (Current remake system makes the game not count at all, so any leavers, even if terminated, will not get punished).

• Like 1

when the enemy team has someone who disconnects at the picking phase, i go remake because i find boring to play 4v5 from the start.
I rather give myself a more challenging time by playing 5v5 and also spare the enemy team that doesnt feel confident enough to play 4v5.
remake spam doesnt kill u neither changes the pace of the game. no changes needed y.y

If I would remake for every time enemy team has a disconnect... I would spend more than half of my hon time... Queueing and remaking.