Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Mefer

Caldavar has become...awful

Posted (edited)

Is it just me, or the quality of the Caldavar games has dropped abysmally low.

I can't say I am a god of a player, I do try my best, but geez have these games become complete and utter sh!t. From random d/c to rage quits or people choosing to solo in a mini-multiplayer.

I have 7 wins and 19 losses. Every single game there has to be something that goes terribly wrong. There's no quality in people anymore, no competition (I don't mind losing to good adversaries). 

I don't aspire leveling to Platinum or whatever, but there is not a reason at all to play Caldavar, except for the 25 silver/day. I keep telling myself to never try this map again, as I have much more fun in Midwars, even if I lose sometimes, the games are fun.

I am not a competitive player, nor do I get affected by "git gud", " play something else". This ain't a rant, I am just curious if other people feel the same about the quality of Caldavar games.

I guess what I want to say is, maybe make Midwars semi-ranked. Make wins give +2 MMR, losses -1MMR, and maybe the same amount of XP for account lvl up. Just saying.

Edited by Mefer

In the long run, you are the deciding factor of your games. If you have 7 wins and 19 losses then you first need to improve yourself ^^

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mr`Cactus said:

In the long run, you are the deciding factor of your games. If you have 7 wins and 19 losses then you first need to improve yourself ^^

Indeed but when you personally have 0/0/0 and the enemy has already 10-0, what can I improve. I ha really bad luck with sh!t games. 🙂 

Edited by Mefer

10-0 games in silver are indeed unlucky. Those games usually drag on with people playing like bots. If you can play heroes that scale and make impact, the results should be much more satisfactory.

• Like 1

I mostly choose support, but my last game I tried to be bold and took Flint....my team was...no words. 

I will move permanently to Midwars. 

In that bracket just play heroes with stuns and high impact.

Magmus can easily take over the game and carry your team just with constant ganking and  Eruption.

• Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

More like Zephyr / Ra / The Gladiator in the mid lane. Magmus is too easy to mishandle for a support player in silver. In any case, he'll just have to build more confidence and move around the map in a way that provides resources as well as team contribution.

• Like 1

I play most of my FoC games as solo queue and I can totally understand your frustration about the situation.

The only thing that works against such a situation is finding friends to play with. It can make a huge difference if you queue as two people instead of solo. Work your way up and get more and more trustworthy friends who are reliable in the game.

• Like 1

Want to help the HoN Communitiy and the Devs?

Volunteer as a Mod, GM or RCT!

Nice people included 😉

11 hours ago, GucciKD said:

I play most of my FoC games as solo queue and I can totally understand your frustration about the situation.

The only thing that works against such a situation is finding friends to play with. It can make a huge difference if you queue as two people instead of solo. Work your way up and get more and more trustworthy friends who are reliable in the game.

I see team-mates that queue as friends (2-3) and we still lose. :)) 

The only solution I see is to pick a somewhat OP hero and go with that. Like in the old days when people would insta-pick Deadlift. I did try him once, trying to go pusher-tank but... when you don't have team-mates to back you up, it just doesn't matter at some point.

I honestly think that the Remake vote should be removed from HoN... it will never bring anything good nor it ever brought anything good. Just look at dota, they have no remake vote and they are doing fine. People just use it as an excuse to get out of matches they are likely to lose. For me the last 3-4 days games are unplayable due to enemies spamming the vote until they can't anymore (7:30) and they come up with idiotic excuses like "i need to go", "i queued by mistake" etc... just remove the vote, nobody will miss it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hubaris said:

In that bracket just play heroes with stuns and high impact.

Magmus can easily take over the game and carry your team just with constant ganking and  Eruption.

This, I always tell people that suicide is the next best thing to mid. Its a role they like to shun like support and stay away from when true veterans(dont like the word smurf) will know the power of being in such a position. If a person cant take magmus or grinex suicide everygame and be a major thorn, that's the first thing to learn. Sure some games are bad luck, but I can promise being in this position and being better than the opposition you will see a solo impact, it may not when you the game and others may not see it because they only see the carry with a lot of kills as the real deciding factor or the mid, but you personally will feel and see it if you try this out. Give it a go, you may enjoy the games more. Play flint is dead. When i solo shortfarm on my carry acc I only use ravnor, mk and gemini because these are heroes with burst and I can kill early with limited items, heroes like flint, silhouette, preda, all relies on a team. Dont follow that pick pattern until you get a 3 stack minimum to take every important lane and role. I am a competitive player, I cant really say I enjoy midwars a lot, but FoC has had its changes in quality over the years, but you can still be a one player impact at times.

• Like 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

6 hours ago, Mefer said:

I see team-mates that queue as friends (2-3) and we still lose. :)) 

The only solution I see is to pick a somewhat OP hero and go with that. Like in the old days when people would insta-pick Deadlift. I did try him once, trying to go pusher-tank but... when you don't have team-mates to back you up, it just doesn't matter at some point.

So with my your last sentence you kinda prove my point. ^^ Another person to help you push the lane early is already enough with Deadlift.

Just get one or two friends to play with you. Even if your team sucks you can still have fun together and kinda play your own game. Your stats will most likely increase and you'll find more people to play with you when you have some good games. There are always people who want to play premade queues. And if you really want to find some people on your skill level to play with just join the new HoN-Discord server and ask for queues 😉

• Like 1

Want to help the HoN Communitiy and the Devs?

Volunteer as a Mod, GM or RCT!

Nice people included 😉