Requesting avatar modification for Sapphire

Hi,

im seeing alot of new avatar mods coming to HoN, wich is very great!

I'd like to request a Mod for the default sapphire avatar,  use your imagination what/who would fit her best! (can be wc3reforged or anime mod, etc.)

- only criteria is that the attack animation is not bugged and/or feels sloppy, abrupt.

I hope i can reach some one with this thread!

Thanks in advance! ^-^

P.S. the request is not restritced to one Mod submission, i am welcoming any one with their skill and talent to help me out!

Edited by dragoniser
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

oh my...
I totally love the model and perhaps the Quickshield could be green aswell :]

That is a beautiful model and i can(t) wait for it to be completed , waited over 2 years so i have time ^-^

Much aprechiated! ❤️

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure what you're asking for - if you mean the attack offset field in the hero entity file, that has game implications because it affects where the projectile spawns physically relative to your hero and their facing, so it can't be unlocked (otherwise, there would be a desync between the server & the client). It would have to be a new avatar product in the store to get its own adjustment if you want it to be an actual avatar in the game. If it remains modded, you'll have to work with what you have. 

An alternative that I can immediately think of (though I'm not a VFX expert) is to modify the first few frames of the trail effect and use an invisible model, so that the "head" of the trail is a suitable substitute for the model. Then, you can shift the original x/y/z position of the trail effect by some amount to attempt to compensate for this (in theory, this should be the inverse of the attack offset). This *should* be doable, though I don't know the exact XML script you would use for this.

That mod in the video looks complete to me! 

Edited by ElementUser
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ElementUser said:

I'm not sure what you're asking for - if you mean the attack offset field in the hero entity file

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Blazer holds her weapon in her left hand, but attack and projectile effects appear on the right side because Sapphire is holding her weapon in her right hand. It is a pity that this option cannot be unlocked. 😭 R.I.P. Balzer mod.  

1 hour ago, ElementUser said:

That mod in the video looks complete to me! 

This mod is far from complete, to be honest. I had planned to do a lot more things. There is no problem with attack offset and attack effect because the video is from the test game where changing the attackoffset parameter works. In a non-test game, it looks a lot worse.

Hmm, well depending on where the model came from & copyright laws etc., we may be able to add in this as a new avatar if they aren't too strict. But I would have to go through the proper channels to verify this if that is something you want to aim for

• Thanks 1