Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Create Game - Select Server

Hello,

My fiance and I are trying to play a bot match but with each of us on opposing teams. We do not seem able to switch sides from a bot match. We were both trying to create a custom game set to private to fill with bots, but we cannot invite each other because the "Select Server" option is disabled and set to "Practice Mode". Why are we unable to select the server? Is it not possible to have us both in a bot match on opposing teams?

Thanks in advance.

The issue is probably the fact that you have practice mode enabled. Do not select that cause practice mode is meant for single player use. Select the appropriate server and rehost it. Make sure you select Forest of Caldavar and nothing else as the map. I've attached a photo for better clarification. Hope this helps.

spacer.png

Thanks for the reply!

Practice is set as the default for both of us and it is greyed out. We are unable to change it. I believe we are successfully connected to a server because we can see other hosted games. (We can actually see the games from your list by chance). Is there a required rank to be reach to be able to host a game?

Edited by _squirrels
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, _squirrels said:

Ahh I see! That was my only guess.. Thanks for the info! We may try reaching out to them.

Actually I think you don't need you.

I asked the exact same question in This Thread, a bit shorter though.

(Shame on me for not using the search function, basic no-go)

In a nutshell: buy 2000 Gold Coins for 5 $ or reach level 5 with your account.

Edited by Falk1
Typing error.