Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
big`dick`

please stop blocking all user accounts

Posted (edited)

I suggest introducing new fines for certain violations.

I don’t support violators and try not to violate it myself, but sometimes I violate it non-specifically

I hope you understand and do better for everyone

introduce punishment to play public games and be sure to win to clear the penalty;

say 10 games you need to win so that you can play in the rating again

there is no need to completely block the account, since the user does not 
have the opportunity to buy items or things in the store.

those who violate on purpose they will violate it regardless of the punishment, and those who do not on purpose, I personally think

that it is too severe a punishment to completely block the account

Thank you for understanding the developers of the wonderful game HON.

Edited by big`dick`
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

the punishment is there so that the banned guy "have time" to think about what he did and if he does not like not being able to play or buy items in store, then he surely will never ever do that again

since as you sayd in your other thread, that you are banned for 1 month, then it clearly says that you doesnt care about the consequences

also discussing suspensions or recreating closed threads may lead to your suspension being extended even more (even to permanent)

Edited by Ceriss

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ceriss said:

also discussing suspensions or recreating closed threads may lead to your suspension being extended even more (even to permanent)

Not to my knowledge, no.
Publicly discussing suspensions is a violation of the FORUM rules not the INGAME rules! both are kept and treated separately.
He might receive a warning followed by a forum suspension depending on the severety of his misactions but it will NOT affect his ingame suspension!

Now to respond to OP:
That just made absolutely no sense.... Why would public games change ANYTHING?!?!!
You will set up a public game with bots or fake accounts, rush a base and win in 5 minutes...
just... nonsense...
No offense but it seems like you are just trying to get out of your punishment.

Let's make something else very clear here too, if a report against you ingame is handled by any GM and you are found guilty, depending on the severety the first time USUALLY is a warning!!!!
You have to break some MAJOR rules to get an instant suspension.
The SECOND instance if you ignore that warning, is a 3 days suspension, in case of verbal abuse followed by a 3 days mute thereafter.
And like that it SLOWLY keeps stacking up.
To reach a suspension time of ONE MONTH you must have violated rules REPEATEDLY and quite SEVERELY.
So acting as if it had "just happened" here just proves your hypocracy.

I am sure EVERYONE that gives a damn about this game would love to see improvement, including the subject of RAP... but what you are doing is just looking for a cheap way out of a long suspension that you brought on yourself by ignoring rules over and over again, a statement and assumption of mine which is further affirmed by the fact that you already publicly tried to challenge that particular sentencing and were referred to your RAP inquiry, which obivously has been rejected.
And trust me, SGM don't take inquiries lightly!
If you have been found guilty while being innocent or even while being guilty but showing true remorse (and not being a repetitive reoffender), they lift your suspension or ease the conditions, they are human just like us and understand that sometimes emotions take over. But if you already succesfully stockpiled a one month suspension....

No offense "bruh" but... you should have learned when it was two weeks. In fact should have learned at the LATEST when it was three days....

Edited by MerryHONmas
  • Thanks 2

it’s all possible to discuss the punishment in the form of account lockout is absurd from my point of view

I did not say that in public games to play with bots, namely with people, special matches of type 3 to choose normal

10 hours ago, big`dick` said:

I did not say that in public games to play with bots, namely with people, special matches of type 3 to choose normal

except that NOONE plays public and again, you can just setup a match and cheese it. and, AGAIN, it woul be the exact opposite of the intention behind a suspension.
when you break a law and get sentenced to jailtime by a judge, you won't be able to have your jailtime removed by spending x amount of hours in a pub to drink beer like... wtf dude?!

On 7/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, big`dick` said:

and those who do not on purpose, I personally think

I think this is the major flaw in the argument.  If it is not unintentional, it is not guilty.

• Like 2

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Posted (edited)

I offer this punishment doing nonsense in the rankings? You feed or harm the team in some other way 4 votes against a player and access to rating games is blocked for him and he plays 10 games in public 3 to choose from against other such players and must win 10 matches, which is not so easy to do 

those who violate on purpose they create new accounts and deliberately harm the team needs a system of instant punishment!

Edited by big`dick`

Posted (edited)
as far as I understand this system works, so the guilty person 
destroyed the items and left the match, but if 
you are the one who reported the violation, he will not be punished
Edited by big`dick`

Posted (edited)

this means that your "RAP reputation" is not good enough for system to let you report players by yourself

you need to ask someone to report that sayd player with you, the player doesnt need to be from the same game, it can even be your other account

and you both need to make those reports in like 2 hours window from the first report

Edited by Ceriss

you have to understand that reporting people falsely WILL result in your RAP score being ruined and you being deemed unreliable by the system.
if you file something with the police every day because someone looked at your weirdly, they will eventually not take you serious anymore even if you come to them with a serious inquiry.

I understood you, but here the point is different, everyone does not care that someone will send a complaint about them and none of the players really complains, but if your game does not go why destroy your items, even your own, just leave the match 

I want to say that a new reporting system is needed, this simply disconnects 
the player from the game for a while, he logs in to a new account and continues 
to do the same thing that he did before, that is, deliberately spoil the game

You need a punishment so that he would play in public and win necessarily, for example, 10 matches will undermine the punishment in the form of desertion and not disconnection from the game by blocking the account

3 hours ago, big`dick` said:

I understood you, but here the point is different, everyone does not care that someone will send a complaint about them and none of the players really complains, but if your game does not go why destroy your items, even your own, just leave the match 

You need a punishment so that he would play in public and win necessarily, for example, 10 matches will undermine the punishment in the form of desertion and not disconnection from the game by blocking the account

That's the most bullshit i have ever read...
how is playing 10 public games and then being able to play matchmaking again any punishment, if instead the receive a suspension and cant play at all for a couple of days or even weeks.
you are just making up stupid stuff rn as you go in the opes of getting suspensions lifted or being able to circumvent futures ones...
no offense this is just brain farts...

4 hours ago, big`dick` said:

What you are saying will never be a thing, that is the reason we suspend people, so they won't be able to play hon for that period of time, in that time they will have to reflect on their behavior and maybe learn from it, if they won't learn from it and decide to keep on griefing then the next suspension will be even higher up till permanent suspension if it's the case  
How is that a punishment? letting them play public games? maybe don't break the rules and you won't get any punishment?
In any case, what you are saying it makes no sense tbh.

• Thanks 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Posted (edited)

how to find out who controls the hero who is disconnected? match [redacted]

killed Deveaux on purpose from Kongor

I think this is [redacted] 

but not sure, so I didn't send a report

Edited by StringTheory
Calling out player

1. Go to Options ⇒ Sound and enable “Unit Reactions” and move the delay slider to 0
2. Open replay and set perspective to the player that is disconnected.
3. Watch the match from that players view; make sure you can hear his unit reactions.
4. Find out the point where he was controlled.
5. Switch replay view to the player you suspect controlled the disconnected hero.
6. Left click the disconnected hero. You will hear the disconnected hero's unit reactions when moved.
7. If you cannot hear unit reactions, switch view to another suspect until you find the correct one.

• Like 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

just a litle advice, during picking phase stay in spectator PoV until game launches, dont switch to any specific player and also dont slide the replay bar. If you stay in PoV of specific player during picking phase, then only unit reactions from that player will load.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceriss said:

просто литл советы, во время выбора фазы пребывания в зрителя PoV до запуска игры, не переключайтесь на какой-либо конкретный игрок, а также не слайд повтора бар. Если вы остаетесь в PoV конкретного игрока во время этапа выбора, то только реакции единицы от этого игрока будут загружаться.

please tell me who it was

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, `Shattered said:

1. Перейти к опциям и звук и включить "Unit
Reactions" и переместить задержку ползунок до 0 2. Откройте повтор и установите перспективу для игрока, который отключен.
3. Смотреть матч с этого вида игроков; убедитесь, что вы можете услышать его реакции единицы.
4. Узнайте, где он был под контролем.
5. Переключить представление воспроизведения на игрока вы подозреваете, контролировал отключенный герой.
6. Слева нажмите отключенный герой. Вы услышите реакции разъединенного героя при перемещении.
7. Если вы не слышите реакции единицы, переключите вид на другого подозреваемого, пока не найдете правильный.

I hear about all 4 players including me

well bless them lord

and forgive them their sins

I probably did something wrong ... lol

Edited by big`dick`

you have to listen for the hero that is being fed.
for example:

game has nymphora, devourer, flint, arachna, bloodhunter, empath.
empath disconnects.
empath is sent to die by someone.
you follow ALL the steps above!
you then select nymphora on the replay and listen for devourer sounds.
if you hear none you go back on the replay to shortly before empath dies and select devo next.
continue until you hear empaths sounds on one of the other heroes.
that player was the one feeding them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, `Shattered said:

1. Перейти к опциям и звук и включить "Unit
Reactions" и переместить задержку ползунок до 0 2. Откройте повтор и установите перспективу для игрока, который отключен.
3. Смотреть матч с этого вида игроков; убедитесь, что вы можете услышать его реакции единицы.
4. Узнайте, где он был под контролем.
5. Переключить представление воспроизведения на игрока вы подозреваете, контролировал отключенный герой.
6. Слева нажмите отключенный герой. Вы услышите реакции разъединенного героя при перемещении.
7. Если вы не слышите реакции единицы, переключите вид на другого подозреваемого, пока не найдете правильный.

Today I woke up and I was still tormented by this question in general it turned out thanks it really was [redacted]

Edited by StringTheory
Calling out player