Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
MerryHONmas

(even) more RAP transparency

Were it possible to display (especially for those with "high" or better priority) to actually display the clear value on our RAP feedback page?
I can genuinely not imagine why that would have any negative impact. If at all it would actually encourage those of us that are aiming for top priority, to furthermore improve on our "report skills" as we can now actually see how much, or little, we are missing for the next priority rank.
Basically some form of improved false sense of achievement 😛

It's currently not planned to display anything like that. The plan is to reach a point where the priority is not too important anymore and every ticket can be reviewed. 

15 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

It's currently not planned to display anything like that. The plan is to reach a point where the priority is not too important anymore and every ticket can be reviewed. 

but how far off in the future will that be? 😄

In all seriousness tho, even if that ever happens, I ,as am I sure alot of others too, would like to continue to see our RAP score (improve).
Afterall it is a feedback source for everyone PLUS it does induce quite a little bit of "heartfelt pride" when you see you got some really good report accuracy.

If you are really interested in it you can do it yourself using some tampermonkey script calculating your decisions. It's plain javascript and requires like a couple of minutes to setup. I don't think we will implement that in the near future.

I have absolutely no clue (not accurate but I rather not start an attempt without actually having a proper idea) of scripting sooo 😕
Would you maybe kindly assist me with that x)
Thing is that it may just not be as simple as that as some SGM in the recent past has let me to believe during a personal conversation, that a part/aspect of the RAP score is shared across all sub accounts, so I am not even sure how I would imploy such information into a script that only has access to one accounts data at a time 😕

Apparently that's not possible with a script. You can only determine your rap score of your current logged in acc. If you want to do it overall you can use the script on each acc and do the math yourself. 

var guiltyCount = 0, warnCount = 0, innoCount = 0, rapScore;
$('.rowlink tr').each(function(row) {
    switch ($(this).find('td:last-child').text()) {
        case 'Innocent':
            innoCount += 1;
            break;
        case 'Warning':
            warnCount += 1;
            break
        case 'Guilty':
            guiltyCount +=1;
            break;
        default:
            break;
    }
});
rapScore = (warnCount + guiltyCount)/(innoCount + warnCount + guiltyCount);
console.log('Innocent: ' + innoCount);
console.log('Warning: ' + warnCount);
console.log('Guilty: ' + guiltyCount);
console.log('Rap %: ' + rapScore);

You can use Tampermonkey to use the script on the rap domain, you could as well open your browser console and paste it directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hegelsohn said:

Apparently that's not possible with a script. You can only determine your rap score of your current logged in acc. If you want to do it overall you can use the script on each acc and do the math yourself. 

var guiltyCount = 0, warnCount = 0, innoCount = 0, rapScore;
$('.rowlink tr').each(function(row) {
    switch ($(this).find('td:last-child').text()) {
        case 'Innocent':
            innoCount += 1;
            break;
        case 'Warning':
            warnCount += 1;
            break
        case 'Guilty':
            guiltyCount +=1;
            break;
        default:
            break;
    }
});
rapScore = (warnCount + guiltyCount)/(innoCount + warnCount + guiltyCount);

You can use Tampermonkey to use the script on the rap domain, you could as well open your browser console and paste it directly.

You can probably just open your browser devtools (ctrl + i or f12) and write that there.

You can also make that script waaaay shorter - at least in Chrome you have xpath and don't need to use jQuery (the $). Try this instead:

var guiltyCount = $x('//td[last()][text()="Guilty"]').length;
var warnCount = $x('//td[last()][text()="Warning"]').length;
var innoCount = $x('//td[last()][text()="Innocent"]').length;
var rapScore = (warnCount + guiltyCount)/(innoCount + warnCount + guiltyCount);

Btw - to use that info, you kinda need to know at what "rapScore" you have top-priority 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yup, thats perfectly fine as well if you use compatible browsers. 

The rap score needs to be 65%+ to be eligible to single report players. Top priority was something like 95%+ for a long time. Might be possible that this changed by now.

But as long as you have more than 65 you should be fine and be able to single report. That's basically the most important info to get.

Posted (edited)

question:
is RAP score based off of most recent reports plus general modifier or ALL reports even those from 5-6 years ago.
cause i seem to recall that at some point rap score is not influenced by older report anymore so if that is the case for an accurate estimation it would be kind of qol to have that modifier x)
also thanks manu and hegelsohn!!!!!! mvps right there

Edited by MerryHONmas

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

The rap score needs to be 65%+ to be eligible to single report players.

If that's true, that would mean on a fresh account without any Innocent or warnings and a single guilty, you'd already have top reporter status.
And I didn't have a single Innocent (and didn't even know you could get Warning) for my first 10+ Guilty reports. So I should have been Top-Reporter all that time. But for some reason I needed a lot of Guilties before I reached that. (In the meantime I got some Innocents which eventually got overruled after I complained, but that was only after I already got Top-Reporter status)

Did that change? I guess there could be some constant added to the divider to make that happen:

(warnCount + guiltyCount)/(innoCount + warnCount + guiltyCount + newConstant)

Something like 50 sounds about right.

Edited by Manu311

I can only so much as citate what I was told by certain SGM's but since I do not wish to call them out publicly on something, they would have to engage into this conversation by themselves, either confirming or denieing what I have passed on 😕

I don't think that it translates 1:1, plus you actually start with a certain threshold.
You never start at a score of 0 AND I don't think you straight up carry over your RAP score from other accounts (in fact I am very certain that you don't, following certain observations I have made). However according to certain SGM it is very much possible, if not likely, that your overall or average score does influence your individual scores by a minor extend, maybe in form of a multiplier of sorts or a flat score boost.

Then again, precisely those things are why I asked for a clean score display as I genuinely do not understand why it would have any real downsides, other than showing people their accurate assigned score and giving them more reliable feedback on their current statistics and accuracy.

With all the variables and unknown aspects, creating a proper script to evaluate ones score is as futile and pointless as just not doing it, as the possibility of accurately generating a score from what little information are provided is near nill.

It requires 10-15 decisions to be eligible to solo report. And no, not every report within hon's lifetime counts. However, the current RAP system was introduced around the time this was implemented. You won't have a 100% accuracy but it's close enough.

Will attempt it later then, however I still fail to understand, why we can not simply be given the clear score.
And so far I also nowhere do see any direct response to that particular question 😮

Posted (edited)

I answered this in my first response. There are other plans and higher priority items to work on. This would be so far on the bottom that I dunno whether this will happen at any point. We try not to touch the code on that application. There are not sufficient resources. There doesn't always have to be a "reason" but in most cases it's no priority/not enough resources 😛 

Edited by hegelsohn

On 7/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, hegelsohn said:

7 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

I answered this in my first response. There are other plans and higher priority items to work on. This would be so far on the bottom that I dunno whether this will happen at any point. We try not to touch the code on that application. There are not sufficient resources. There doesn't always have to be a "reason" but in most cases it's no priority/not enough resources 😛 

i misinterpreted that response as a dodge, my apologies for the inconvenience and misunderstanding in that case 😛

i do wonder tho why not even SGM can see the clear numbers 😮

The concept of "RAP Score" doesn't really exists. There's no such thing as you having x amount of reports, or x amount of guilty decisions, so your report gets a certain priority.

This is true for nearly all reports, except those created as "top priority" (which is the highest tier a player can reach). I don't remember the exact rules for reaching this tier.

For all other reports, there are many things that influence the priority of your report. Among them is the guilty rate as you already discussed, which is a major player in the calculation.
Other things could be if someone from the enemy teams reports the person, if that person often gets banned, or the automated match checker found suspicious activity in the match.

Thus, you could in theory submit a "very high" priority report now, and the next one could be just "high", even though your previous report was guilty.

So there's not really a number or score that increases or decreases as you report. There are just statistics and under which circumstances a player was reported.

Showing the real number behind the category wouldn't really serve any purpose, other than showing a number instead of a piece of text. That's at least how I see the world on this subject ^_^

As hegel already mentioned, if you want your guilty % you are free to calculate it yourself. But if it was me, I think it would be more beneficial to keep reporting people, and see that my tickets actually end up reviewed and guilty. Once you have done that consistently, you will eventually reach this "top priority" category.

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Tis actually some interesting piece of insight there, thank you.
Not to downplay hegelsohns or manus contribution to the toppic, quite the opposite but this just has a little more additional info so thank you kindly!

i actually had 100% until recently (on one of the subs) with i believe 12 or 13 reports but then reported two people who were queueing together and intentionally throwing games in a non obvious way but they got rejected cause it was all very borderline v.v
Rest in Pepperoni my perfect score v.v

As I said, perfect score on subs doesn't mean you may solo report. Overall score is important.

Also, besides TOP priority there is also "Very high" meaning more than ~65% guilty rate. Once you got that you may solo report. Every single ticket of mine had prio very high as soon as I reached the threshold. Before I reached that, priorities varied from very low to very high so I assume for everything below (those who cannot solo report) the other factors do play a role as the status highly diverges there depending on lots of factors.

However, if you are a reliable reporter those other factors doesn't matter as you will always get very high/top prio depending on your guilty rate (in case 65% above).