Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
lllllollllll

Using xShop2.0 and Stumps mods.2020

Posted (edited)
Whoot? Mods.

Im using this mods for more than 8 years, in all differents Hon versions 2.0,3.04.0. Over differents So, In Linux Debian 7-8-9-1. Windows 7 and 10. I will try to explain good enough. 

xShop ( some interesting things) :

--Shop window size is five times smaller, exactly the same shop than Dota 1. The position actually is also not bad, it's intuitive too. But I don't need text on the shop because I know everything on each item, every Queue during years.... Reading and reading learnatorium, but I really knew it from Dota 5.84c. Even during the game is not good lose time reading.

-- Autobuy Queue. U add item to the queue "Shift + right click on the item". You can also change the items position in the Q using mouse over frame that appear on your interface which one move going to Options (F6) - > Mods - > Configure Movable Frames. I have it on left screen border, its small, doesn't lose vision, but enough to check how Q is going during your gameplay.    

-- Saving Gold from being lost when u are in fights and u die instantly by other enemy, with the regular shop u have not time to buy if you have enough gold. But with the Queue in the second u raise the price of item, is bought automatically. Example, u go with legio vs 3 u kill 2 enemys and die, with normal shop doesn't exist gold benefits, with this xShop, u know that u need 800g to get ur barber and u join in the fight relax coz even dying u buy item and doesn't lose gold. This increase your gold more than you can imagine because u don't waste time and attention to buy.

-- Has guide option also, with automatic level up. And small square over the shop to place item to fast buy with a hot key.

Maybe sometimes do you think that works weird..... But no, the point is understand why sometimes recipes appear first in the Q if u add item with recipes u must do it 1by 1 in your preference order. For example every game I let Q prepare during the first minute If u move the Q and later u add 2-3 wards, maybe some item will up 1position....is easier just seeing it instead reading here.

Later I says how I do it. Because is not easy find the .honmod files in Internet. With the xShop addon u must select "classic" interface on interface menu. (this only happened since 4.0 I think, when they add 2 differents players interface).

Stumps 

-- You will see trees cutted, u gain all the vision and perspective that u lose normally because the trees are o high. This is amazing to juke, because you see clearly where is the hidden ways into Woods. Is not easy click in the correct position to don't send ur hero over longer path.... Juke is easier.

--From 4.0 Stumps doesn't works at 100% because the addon is not updated from 3.0, and seems like they added new trees models and new woods positioning. However during whole 3.0 version the addon worked perfectly even when we had changes in woods. Now still works at 45%. 

#########

I have the originals xShop.honmod and Stumps.honmod. files.

Now a days I don't use HoN Mod Manager normally on small patches because is doesn't work for Stumps. Doesn't update correctly then this manager doesn't create a proper resources999.s2z, is not readable for the game client and produce unplayable graphics bugs.

Then...I have my resources999.s2z saved during years..... Since 2015-2016 no? From HoN 4.0. And I just copy to the proper folder:

Windows - > Program Files (x86) /Heroes... /game/
Linux - > $HOME/.Heroes of newerth/game

----> I forget 1 thing....... Jeje this is funny. Because the hon mod manager which I have since 2010 doesn't works in Windows since HoN 4.0. I use the same hon mod man, I repeat, THE SAME Mod manager in Linux," executing Mono runtime complete", "mono HonmodMan.exe. And for a reason that I unknown (two different things can happen but is not important now) the resources999.s2z created on Linux works perfectly every regular patch update.

The resources999.s2z in Linux and Windows are the same. The game execution is the same finally.

S2 programmers did amazing job, not so many games has Linux client.

My resources999.s2z is working on all my friends game clients for years. Every big patch I create new one with Linux and share it. I can send everybody who wants my HonmodMan.exe if needed , .honmod files, or directly the resources999.s2z.

Im writing this post because after reading ElementUser writing about HonmodMan and mods I think is totally legal.

Edited by lllllollllll
Added screenshots links
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NubbyMcNub said:

Use the ModMan from here:
https://trello.com/b/vOSfrxj8/hon-mods-repository

Absolutely nobody is in charge of mods so it's really a case of DIY or begging someone to implement your changes.

As for DIY, there's a discord channel for modding HoN.

Hi mate. Thanks for the repositories, I will look at that. But I don't use any other mods, anyway I have downloaded already the honmodman.exe which offer ElementUser in other post. 

My point was to explain how I'm doing during years. And offering my help if someone needs. 

9 hours ago, NubbyMcNub said:

Use the ModMan from here:
https://trello.com/b/vOSfrxj8/hon-mods-repository

Absolutely nobody is in charge of mods so it's really a case of DIY or begging someone to implement your changes.

As for DIY, there's a discord channel for modding HoN.

And, do you have that discord server address? 

On 7/9/2020 at 11:11 PM, lllllollllll said:
- Autobuy Queue. U add item to the queue "Shift + right click on the item". You can also change the items position in the Q using mouse over frame that appear on your interface which one move going to Options (F6) - > Mods - > Configure Movable Frames. I have it on left screen border, its small, doesn't lose vision, but enough to check how Q is going during your gameplay.    

-- Saving Gold from being lost when u are in fights and u die instantly by other enemy, with the regular shop u have not time to buy if you have enough gold. But with the Queue in the second u raise the price of item, is bought automatically. Example, u go with legio vs 3 u kill 2 enemys and die, with normal shop doesn't exist gold benefits, with this xShop, u know that u need 800g to get ur barber and u join in the fight relax coz even dying u buy item and doesn't lose gold. This increase your gold more than you can imagine because u don't waste time and attention to buy.

this is an unfair advantage, according to the possibilities all hon players have.  Its a specific scenario, but it gives u gold advantage over other players who dont have this mod. I dont support this. its counter-intuitive  in general. Its even worse than zoom out mode in my eyes tbh. 
@ElementUser

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, doctornik said:

this is an unfair advantage, according to the possibilities all hon players have.  Its a specific scenario, but it gives u gold advantage over other players who dont have this mod. I dont support this. its counter-intuitive  in general. Its even worse than zoom out mode in my eyes tbh. 
@ElementUser

Unfair advantage, I'm agree with you. The shop size has not sense. During the fights it's impossible to buy if u don't use hot keys. With this small shop u can buy during the fights. 

I'm offering my resources999.s2z to the community. 

I did this post to let everybody know how i'm doing. 

I also suppose that being a Linux user and especially having understood over the years, after soooooo much trouble with mods, it has its reward.

To be honest, (this is what @doctornik likes, 🙂 kisses darling don't be jealous) , I must say that for me it is only a technical challenge, as everything life proposes to me with computer science and I cannot do, it becomes a challenge, I study and I succeed. Winning two games gives me exactly the same. 

Anyway, this post is public and notorious is on reddit and others. However I am a company man and I respect the hierarchy, (I respect the chain of command) and if the boss @ElementUserdoes not see it as appropriate I swear to stop using it and not spread my resources999.s2z

The other day I spent several hours reading all the replies of all the @ElementUser conversations about HoN on reddit to learn and see what has happened in these years disconnected from HoN.

@ElementUser

In fact @doctornik It is published on the Official HoN reddit and nothing has happened during 3days not has it been removed or anything. I don't know why it will be. You think it's inappropriate and you call the boss. But I already called the boss  3 days ago leaving the post on his forum directly. 

@ElementUser

@doctornik do u know the resolution about mana potion exploit??? Is not exploit imao. Read the boss answer in reddit please. 

Edited by lllllollllll

Emm u do know that these 2 public pages of HoN do not contain even the slightest of the overall HoN community( regarding People number).
People actually watching Forums and Reddit are what 20% of HoN? OR 50% ? ( i doubt is this High) . If this was posted inside the Game, i would say yes its open public info. 
And this is not a fault of the everyday HoN player who just plays the game. That forums and Reddit are not  highly visited places.
 Most people know that if something happens it will be posted inside the game, or will watch it through a stream.
So from the moment this is not spread to the ears of every HoN player currently playing the game, it will be in every scenario a gold exploit case scenario. Maybe not ur typical one, but still un unfair advantage of people having this mod, and people that do not have it. 

And yes i pinged Elementuser coz of that. No response or something from him regarding this matter. And you posting it in community contributions is not the place to post it.Its not your typical community contribution that we see everyday. This is way bigger.
 If you want critic and opinions, and maybe an answer from above , there is the suggestion page. 

*From another view, this could be a good suggestion to be implemented into the game ( yes thats the only way that this will give equal gameplay to every hon player) . From the moment it does not its against the fundamentals of the game.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, doctornik said:

Emm u do know that these 2 public pages of HoN do not contain even the slightest of the overall HoN community( regarding People number).
People actually watching Forums and Reddit are what 20% of HoN? OR 50% ? ( i doubt is this High) . If this was posted inside the Game, i would say yes its open public info. 
And this is not a fault of the everyday HoN player who just plays the game. That forums and Reddit are not  highly visited places.

What public concept do you have?.It is a very childish concept and lacks reading. That people do not read does not make any information private, the government publishes thousands of laws every day, all companies and because you do not read them does not make them private. Public is something that is published and that EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO ACCESS. Another thing is that you do not worry enough to look for one or another information.

Edited by Aipa

1 hour ago, lllllollllll said:

Unfair advantage, I'm agree with you. The shop size has not sense. During the fights it's impossible to buy if u don't use hot keys. With this small shop u can buy during the fights. 

im talking about the Queue thing, i dont care about the shop size. The queue thing is what gives u gold advantage over other players that in that scenarios will die before buying the item they want

I also suppose that being a Linux user and especially having understood over the years, after soooooo much trouble with mods, it has its reward.

Its rewarding to be able to get advantage over other players inside the game, through mods? Thats the purpose of the game? 

(this is what @doctornik likes, 🙂 kisses darling don't be jealous)

Im not jealous. Your skills or knowledge on this stuff might be good. I just stated what is wrong with all this. If this is actually implemented in the game i would be really happy to see it.

I was just joking @doctornik. U know... Gamers like be hilarious. 

We are waiting @ElementUser

He will decide, but after consider legal that trick with mana, because finally u was placing more gold in one hero scarifying other one. I bet he will not consider this ilegal. 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, doctornik said:
On 7/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, lllllollllll said:

Its rewarding to be able to get advantage over other players inside the game, through mods? Thats the purpose of the game? 

At the begin I just looking for smaller shop like in dota1. And people was doing some differents UI. And I found xUI. So minimalist. I liked it. The queue was a nice thing that I saw there. And I used during lot of years. My mate is expert in Dungeon and dragons, he is famous game master with narrative games. And he use his knowledge to pwn his players. Like everything in the life, knowledge and skill give u advantage. 

In HoN is important our skill with your hands, keyboard and multiple mouse buttons. But no more important than your intuition of when to back up or when a scout is going to appear to give you the ass.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:51 AM, doctornik said:

And yes i pinged Elementuser coz of that. No response or something from him regarding this matter. And you posting it in community contributions is not the place to post it.Its not your typical community contribution that we see everyday. This is way bigger.
 If you want critic and opinions, and maybe an answer from above , there is the suggestion page. 

Do u know something????? I posted on GENERAL DISCUSSION, and someone moved it to here. Ask the forum admin/moderator @stormeren. U are gm or a future one. He is stormeren man. 10 years working on the company, and he moved the post without say nothing. Maybe @doctorniku must read about what things are being considered illegal or not ethical in this game history. I repeat, go to reddit and read All ur boss post. I did. 

1 minute ago, Aipa said:

What public concept do you have?.It is a very childish concept and lacks reading. Its so infsThat people do not read does not make any information private, the government publishes thousands of laws every day, all companies and because you do not read them does not make them private. Public is something that is published and that EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO ACCESS. Another thing is that you do not worry enough to look for one or another information.

First of all im not even touched by you saying that im childish and caps writing to me like it will do anything. It just shows me with what kind of person im talking to.
Im not gonna sit discussing with you anymore,now or in the future. I do have a reply for what u posted, but if you had any proper way of talking i would reply to you. You just showed me its not worth having a discussion with you. have a nice day.

1 minute ago, lllllollllll said:

Do u know something????? I posted on GENERAL DISCUSSION, and someone moved it to here. Ask the forum admin/moderator @stormeren

I dont know what is the case behind that. For sure general discussion its not the place to post this. And also i dont think anyone hard reads community contributions.
In my case, It happened to hard read it as i had free time yesterday and i was curious to see what it was

1 minute ago, doctornik said:

First of all im not even touched by you saying that im childish and caps writing to me like it will do anything. It just shows me with what kind of person im talking to.
Im not gonna sit discussing with you anymore,now or in the future. I do have a reply for what u posted, but if you had any proper way of talking i would reply to you. You just showed me its not worth having a discussion with you. have a nice day.

I dont know what is the case behind that. For sure general discussion its not the place to post this. And also i dont think anyone hard reads community contributions.
In my case, It happened to hard read it as i had free time yesterday and i was curious to see what it was

If u have free time go to reddit and read ElementUser historical Conversations with the community. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, doctornik said:

That caps are not offensive :(. 

It is a basic thing. You are not exempt from complying even if you do not know them because you do not read them. It is that what you have said that information is not public because people do not read it is serious ....  Now we can go to off topic chanel. Jejeje because the real offensive thing on this 2020 is your concept about public information and privacy information. That is real dangerous.

@doctornik I didn't say u are childish. Said ur concept about public is childish. Is different thing mate. My concept about games and coding is childish and I don't felt offended. 

Edited by Aipa

Guau amazing discussion here, better than my TV, everyday speaking about the virus. Well imao i think is not totally fair, but seems legal. i dont use mods, but the shop size was a problem for me to be honest. 

On 7/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, lllllollllll said:
My resources999.s2z is working on all my friends game clients for years. Every big patch I create new one with Linux and share it. I can send everybody who wants my HonmodMan.exe if needed , .honmod files, or directly the resources999.s2z.

Im writing this post because after reading ElementUser writing about HonmodMan and mods I think is totally legal.

Can u send me the resources999.s2z? my mail is pedritocaramelo@gmail.com

if @ElementUser offers download honmodman is not a problem. why this discussion. He post that, wthats the problem then?

On 7/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, HolySnabun said:

On 7/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, HolySnabun said:

if u can download it from here:

resources999.s2z with Autoqueue Buyer Mod and stumps. the trees

If some one needs just the xShop mod to buy items automatic, i can create resources999.s2z for u . but is better if u learn urself how to do it. read the post. if u have any problem and u honmodman downloaded doesnt apply the changes correctly, like i see on my windows i can create one for u. Because mods are allowed, old, new, doesnt matter, the point is, The boss @ElementUser offer to comunity download honmodman, if mods developers doesnt work anymore, is not my fault. i found how to make it works and i offering to the people. Also works with some old mods, if u have it. follow the first post and u can try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/528yf6afpnhbxke/resources999.s2z?dl=0

I actually did say i would like to see this implemented in the game. My argument is that is not shared to every hon player. Hence its not fair. Forums and reddit are the vast minority of hon player database.
Game declared officially that is being stopped developed.
Main site pops an error: do not proceed is not safe . 
You cant ask people that left in hon to check these sites . If this is going to be fair it should be announced somehow in the game. So everyone gets the same advantages and being able to access this stuff.
From the moment someone is using it, and obv the other person against him will never know he is doing it, its obv in my eyes not fair. And falls under the category of gold coin exploit.
Its also been said in the primary post:  This increase your gold more than you can imagine because u don't waste time and attention to buy.

Posted (edited)

True mate. what can i do?, i could spread over 200-300 players ( without forums, just mates and people on discord) without say nothing here, then  im beeing as fair as i can nowadays. Its easy for them add this resources lines to the resources.s2z in the next patch. Stumps break game apareance. I dont know mate, we are on weekend. Maybe monday we have an answer. Maybe this needs a big patch or maybe is posible for them. who knows, this is dificult to calculate, the only who can evaluate this properly is @ElementUser.

How we can make this information useful for 90% playerS? speak with them into the game. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, doctornik said:

I actually did say i would like to see this implemented in the game

oh, true, srry.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, doctornik said:

Its also been said in the primary post:  This increase your gold more than you can imagine because u don't waste time and attention to buy.

True because, for example i join with legio vs 3 (without barber armor, just 500g)  killing 2 of them  u get enough for barber, and mod will buy it in 0.5 sec. Must recognize that sometimes even with mod. if u die so fast after get the money, i think is 0.5 sec. item dissapear from Q but is not int he stash. But in the 95% times i get profits in that situations.

Edited by lllllollllll

Ok, first things first: I have merged like 4000 posts of you guys together. Please edit your posts instead of creating a couple of them in succession. You can also multi-quote other people (even more comfortable in this new forum, just mark the text you want to quote and it will append to your open editing-area).

Now about the place for this to post: This section is correct. If my word isn't enough for that, Stormeren is "Head of forums" or something like that (he has staff color as you might notice), so his word should be enough.

And lastly: Is this allowed
The answer is most likely "yes".
These mods have been around for ages and a lot of staff members of the past have seen those. I don't recall anyone ever considering them illegal. The only one I know of that's illegal is the zoom-out-mod because that advantage was pretty noticable.
There has always been the stumps-mod and multiple item-queue-mods, those were never considered a problem. Personally I think the mods I used in the past, which made the interface more like it is now, are a far bigger "cheat" since they made the view way less obstructed.
By the way, there were other mods (that made it into the game) that were never considered illegal either:
1. Several Range-indicators, showing you attack ranges, skill areas, creep-camp-areas, .....
2. Right-Click-Deny - you have to use less buttons, don't you. That's kinda similar to item-queue 😉

• Like 1