Welcome to Heroes of Newerth Technical Support. This wiki will act as a pseudo-wizard to help guide you through your issue.
If you are completely clueless as to what to do, you may seek basic help at the Elementary Help Forum. Make sure you detail exactly what you are having trouble understanding. This forum is not to be used for help with HoN issues themselves, but rather help in understanding the instructions.
If your issue is related to the website, the forums or other web services, please use the Website Feedback Forum.
If you need to post on the forums, make sure you bookmark it or subscribe to the thread so that you can find it again. If you forgot to bookmark or subscribe to your thread, you get to the tech support forums here. You must have read this wiki to post.
There is also a ticket-based techsupport system which can be contacted via: TechSupport@S2Games.com
Before continuing, disable your mods! This means deleting all
Resources###.s2z above 0 as well as any unpacked additional files. If you are unsure of what to do and you've messed around in the HoN install directory, uninstall, delete the installation directory, then reinstall.
We do not give any support for mods. If you need help with them, contact their authors.
One of the first things you may be asked todo is todo a fresh install. This is requested for a number of reasons but the most common is to ensure a known clean base. Procedure
- Uninstall HoN (either via uninstall program or delete the install directory)
- delete the settings directory
- LINUX: ~/.Heroes\ of\ Newerth/game/
- WINXP: C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
- WIN7: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
- MAC: /Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Heroes of Newerth/game/
- download a fresh installer from: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/download.php
- install, start HoN and try to replicate the issue
Common Windows issue
One of the most common techsupport issues with windows and HoN is HoN crashing after a number of games on 32bit versions of windows. This is covered in detail
You'll need to allow outgoing traffic to ports TCP:80 (login/update), TCP:11031 (chatserver) and UDP:11235-11335 (game servers).
- During this transitioning period, you may access your old posts here. You will not be able to reply to them, but you can link to them when you start a new post. You must still provide all information required for each category, however.
- If you have problems with your game list after patching to 2.0, please see this thread.
TechSupport@S2Games.com to take out a techsupport ticket (preferred method)
or Please select your operating system:
Other operating systems, such as BSD, are not supported.