In Heroes of newerth there are effects call buffs and debuffs, each of which can be removed using an effect call Purge. Purge affects buffs and debuffs that have a green or red border. A buff that has a blue border such as the damage from Demented Shaman's entangle cannot be purged. In general, blue bordered buffs can only be removed with time.
Sources of Purge
Items that Purge
- Geometer's Bane - On activate purges all buffs and debuffs
- Nullfire Blade - Purges de-buffs when targets on an ally, Purges buffs when targets on an enemy.
- Shrunken Head - On activate purges all debuffs
Hero abilities that purge
- Electrician's Cleansing Shock - Purges de-buffs when targets on an ally, Purges buffs when targets on an enemy.
- Arachna's Harden Carapace - Purges de-buffs
- Accursed's Fire Shield - Purges de-buffs from target.
- Gauntlet's Gauntlet Blast - Purges buffs from the target.
- Jeraziah's Charm - Purges de-buffs from target.
- Engineer's Energy Field - enemy unit's passing through the edge of the field have buffs Purged.
Other Sources of Purge
- Vagabond Assassin's The Assassin's Touch - Purges de-buffs when targets on an ally, Purges buffs when targets on an enemy.
The following hero skills can not be purged.
- Swiftblade's Blade Frenzy
- Blood Hunter's Blood Crazy
- Blood Hunter's Hemorrhage
- Corrupted Disciple's Overload
- Wildsoul's Bear Form
- Sand Wraith's Familiar Ground (Self-Applied buff from Desert's Curse)
- Slither's Poison Burst
- Puppet Master's Voodoo Puppet
- Voodoo Jester's Cursed Ground
- Demented Shaman's Entangle
- Electrician's Electric Shield
- Legionnaire's Taunt (Taunted units only, not Legionnaire)
- Jeraziah's Righteous Strike
- War Beast's Metamorphosis
- Magmus's Steam Bath
- Kraken's Whirlpool
- Rampage's Stampede
- Accursed's Flame Consumption
- Predator's Stone Hide
- Maliken's Possession
- Maliken's Enchanted Flames & Life Essence
- Devourer's Decay
- Devourer's Devour
- Armadon's Spine Burst
The following item effects can not be purged.
The More you Know
Corrupted Disciple's Corrupted Conduit: If Corrupted Conduit is purged from either the target or Corrupted Disciple, Corrupted Disciple will continue to keep the current charges he had up till the point when he was purged.
Stealth: All forms of stealth in-game are impossible to purge including Assassin's Shroud. However stealth provided by an Invisibility Rune is removable through purging because it counts as a buff.
Aura's and Continuous spells are also un-purgeable. Aura's such as Glacius's Chilling Presence, and continuous spells such as Sand Wraith's Desert Curse can not be purged until you move out of the initial cast point.
Homecoming Stone can not be canceled through a purge.
Void Talisman cannot be removed through a purge effect unless the purge is from an ally. This is because Void Talisman is a debuff. Meaning enemies cannot remove it with purge.
Runes of the Blight cannot be removed through a purge effect.
Taunt cannot be purged. (Taunt is the additional ability given to pre-purchasers during the incentive period)