This hero is now on Dream and can be viewed at http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...my/Bladerunner
Type: Melee Agi
My vision for how he looks would be like a pretty normal guy, but with metal blade-like legs or something. I'm not really a great artist so I can't really draw it out. I was inspired by that Bladerunner guy on extraordinary people, aka the fastest man on no legs. His basic attack animation would be a kick with his metal leg. I used photoshop to give you a basic idea for how he looks.
Since his early days he always dreamed of being a hero. Nature, however, thought otherwise and imprisoned him in a body good for only one calling: running. Doing the best he could, he eventually became a message runner for the Legion, taking orders to the most dangerous of front lines. Not once did he forget is dream though, and, when a spell exploded in his proximity claiming his legs, he saw the opportunity for what it was. He had his destroyed legs replaced with steel blades, renamed himself Bladerunner and joined the fight against the Hellbourne, blazing through the battlefields at light speeds, lashing out with his new blade legs at anyone in his path.
Str: 18 + 1.8/lvl
Agi: 21 + 2.7/lvl
Int: 16 + 1.7/lvl
Move Speed: 295
Base Armor: 3.4
Magic Armor: 5.5
Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Base Range: 600 units
Range per Charge: 50 units
Damage: 50/75/100/125 in 200 unit radius
Damage per Charge: 25 in 300 unit radius
Damage Type: Magic
- propels Bladerunner in the direction he is facing for 600 units plus 50 units per charge consumed
- leaves an explosion at his original location, dealing 50/75/100/125 damage to all enemy units in a 200 unit radius
- ability button can be held to consume charges at a rate of one charge per 0.25 seconds held, adding 50 units of range to the propulsion and dealing 25 damage per charge to all enemy units in a 300 unit radius
- does not interrupt actions such as moving to a target destination, similar to Magebane's Flash
- after using Burst, Bladerunner is granted one charge of Runner's High, lasting 3 seconds or until Bladerunner stops moving
In other words, if the Bladerunner charges his skill at level 4 to 4 charges he deals 100 magic damage to all enemies within a 300 unit radius around him and an additional 125 magic damage to all enemy units within a 200 unit radius around him, and move a total distance of 600 + 200 units.
Runner's High (passive/charges):
Cooldown: 2 seconds
Max Charges: 1/2/3/4
Hp Regeneration per Charge: 2 hp per second
Movement Speed per Charge: 3% of total movement speed
- gains one charge for every 1.5 seconds of constant movement for a max of 1/2/3/4 charges
- charges last indefinitely while Bladerunner continues moving
- all charges are lost when Bladerunner stops moving, including to attack and a 2 second cooldown begins
- each charge grants 2 hp regen per second and a bonus 3% movement speed
Faster Than The Eye (passive):
- grants a passive evasion of 3/6/9/12%
- grants True Strike (ignore enemy evasion)
- when the maximum amount of Runner's High charges are accumulated an Afterimage is created
- physical and magic immune
- same movement speed as Bladerunner had when Afterimage was created
- cannot attack, use abilities or use item abilities
- lasts 4/6/8/10 seconds
- only one Afterimage may exist at a time
Blitz (ult: active):
Number of Targets: 3 (4 with Staff of the Master)
Mana cost: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Range: 450 units per target
Damage Type: Physical
- player selects 3 (4 with SotM) separate ground locations as targets
- Bladerunner dashes for 450 units towards each target location, from his position at the start of each dash, in order
- deals 100/150/200 damage to each enemy unit passed within a 200 unit radius of Bladerunner during each dash
- damage is dealt for each dash that passes the enemy unit
Basically, Blitz works by choosing 3 or 4 target locations to which Bladerunner dashes (like Dark Lady) for 450 units. The direction of the dash is based on Bladerunner's location at the start of each dash in relation to the next target location.
In other words, if you click on the same location less than 450 units from Bladerunner for the first 2 dashes, he first dashes in that direction, passing the target location, then for his second dash he goes back in the direction he just came from.
Main Team Roles
Carry: Not too difficult to understand as he is a melee agi hero with built in evasion and a true strike. No other real offensive ability to beat out other carries however, so not the best suited role for him. Best used when both teams are lacking in hard carries.
Initiator: Can initiate a fight with his ult, moving through the entire team (zig-zaging for optimal damage) then either stay at the back of the team and tear the squishy ints apart or Burst out to deal more damage.
Some Suggested Items
Please give me some feedback on how I could change the hero for the better, or if anything sounds unbalanced, and I hope you are interested in what I came up with.
Last edited by mazoomy; 05-22-2010 at 12:55 AM.
This guys sounds really fun. Forum rules is a yes or no poll. you can request a mod to change it for you at http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=25792. You got a yes from me, just gotta fix your poll 1st.
thanks for the comments. didnt realize it had to be yes or no. i'll request the change.
wow this is a really cool idea, i hope it gets used in game! yes from me!
Pretty good, if you ask me. Blitz could actually use some increased range and probably a pretty short cooldown, considering how little damage it does by comparison (and you should do a splash radius, really, so that he only does full damage to things that he completely intersects. Would make it so that it requires timing and quick thought to use). Something like 45/40/35 seconds. I can see how this character would be nice and tricky to play as a harasser hero.
I particularly like the Burst. A blink that damages not on impact but on starting point? That's unique.
To clear things up, Blitz does damage each time he passes through a target. so for each rush he can damage the same target for 200 damage for a potential 600 damage. I based the damage off Hag's ult, which deals a similar amount.
i like this idea especially blitz i think its very unique. yes from me
nice concept of hero like it very much.Only 1 questions.
Does he have any weapon and you can make his ulty like scouting.He runes whole map and there is no fog of war for couple of second.But anyway t-up
Tnx for the suggestion ClusterBeky.
I'll consider the no fog of war and think about how to implement it with his skills.
His weapon would be his blade-like legs, so basically a kicking hero, which I feel is pretty cool and different.
i watched a movie guy had like he xD.... google dark void,maybe more liek him
I've been considering adding a new effect for Faster than the Eye where he creates an afterimage upon reaching his maximum amount of Runner's High charges. The afterimage would last 6/8/10/12 seconds with full invisibility, physical and magical immunity, and maximum move speed, but would not be able to attack or cast any spells. The afterimage would be for scouting purposes only.
What do you think?
Forgot to mention that if I was to add the afterimage effect to Faster than the Eye I would also decrease the evasion percentages to 3/6/9/12% to balance it. Opinions?
I like the idea, but if the bladerunner was to stop moving and then reach his max move speed again would it create another image? These images could just be spammed and ran all over the map.
You wouldn't be able to spam them too well because it takes 3/5/6/6 seconds to reach your maximum charges in Runner's High. There could be a 1 afterimage at a time cap though to avoid that.