Thread: Necromancer (Anti-Support)

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a hero like this implemented into Heroes of Newerth?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 90.36%
  • no

16 9.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by traMe_ View Post
    I love his ultimate.
    Great for countering support heroes, I agree.

His third skill is just wayy too overpowered IMO. 80hp/sec for 5 seconds with a 7 seconds cooldown? Which means he'd be able to cast this every 2 seconds?
    Or if I misunderstood, maybe add some cooldown duration to balance this a little bit :P

As for Accursed, could the HP he gains with his ultimate kill him after he has healed? I mean if he healed from like 400hp to like 1200hp, would damage be done to him?

And how would his ultimate work?
    Would it be (HP at end of cast time - HP at begining of cast time) = HP gained?
    Or would the (HP gained counter) be increased everytime he heals 1HP, and reduced everytime he loses 1HP?

:P
    F4F ftw
    1. Moving out of range/Silencing/Stunning/Making the Necromancer move or cast a different spell would cancel Soul Drain. The necromancer needs to have good positioning to use this skill offensively. I'll increase the cooldown by 1 second though.

2. I am not sure in the case of Accursed, it really depends on which spell has more priority. I believe it should either should nullify the effect or Accursed's ultimate would take more priority and heal the damage.

3. The second option.

4. Nerfed the Starting Int and the Int gain.
    Last edited by Passthechips; 04-05-2010 at 10:14 PM.

looks better now
    (updated revenant again)

btw do some forum moderators or S2 members allways read new heroe ideas or only special ones and do they tell you if they like your hero?
    Last edited by Stargateboy3; 04-05-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Not dieing as Gravekeeper or even getting an assist is as successfull as getting an annihilation as Devourer.

me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSqueye

Quote Originally Posted by Stargateboy3 View Post
    looks better now
    (updated revenant again)

btw do some forum moderators or S2 members allways read new heroe ideas or only special ones and do they tell you if they like your hero?
    They moderate the forums constantly and sometimes pull ideas from hero threads and such.

Unless they directly port your whole idea I doubt you will get a mention.

+1 loving the concept of the hero especially the ult!

2 more votes for popular , gogo!

Quote Originally Posted by EnanoMaldito View Post
    +1 loving the concept of the hero especially the ult!

2 more votes for popular , gogo!

1 more + vote till popular! Thanks for your support!

+1. Very nice, the ulti is something unique and I can see a lot of 3 heals / 2 tank teams getting countered by this. Nice work.

bump -.-

did you have a look at my savage?
    Not dieing as Gravekeeper or even getting an assist is as successfull as getting an annihilation as Devourer.

me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSqueye

I wonder why this hasn't been added to the 'popular suggestions' list yet. Of course, we seem to have several necromancers...

Quote Originally Posted by Passthechips View Post
    He has 4 active spells that have much higher then normal mana costs. By the time Necromancer is level 25 the size of his mana pool really wouldn't matter that much and his spells would lose effectiveness like most other Int Heroes.

The 4 Int once more is just to balance his massive arsenal. Pugna had around the same Int + Int gain, and is considered very balanced.

Pugna's counter was his lack of HP... Like @25 without items, he only had 1300Hp or so? Squishy as all hell.

http://www.thanatosrealms.com/diablo...r/render01.jpg

I keep thinking this when I read it.

Yet we've got another ghoul

Love the idea by the way. Needs adjustments but easily loving it.

Just want to say his ultimate is also too short.

This would have to be about a 20 second buff to make a true impact.
    Last edited by FulgoreSama; 04-06-2010 at 08:49 AM.
    R.I.P 7/25/09 - 2/04/10 (Death of Gifs in Signatures)
    Animated Blue Thunderbear

Account Icon
    Pretty cool hero. First skill seems a bit imba on the early game though. Specially when combined with the second one. But on second thought, other nuker heroes can deal even more damage than that, so I think it's ok. Ultimate is what is really exceptional on this hero. Make it work with life-steal! There would be nothing better than completely annulate those pesky DPS heroes with their Symbols of Rage.
    Thumbs up, for sure.

Also, can you give me some feedback on my Rust Elemental and Astral Mage heroes?
    I'd really appreciate it.

Account Icon
    i love your idea and how you consider to balance every skill in it

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Concept and synergy is great, however I tend to agree with some of the other posters that the -magic armor is a little high.

The base magic armor for most heroes when they start is 5.5, if you lane parter with one other hero that has a nuke its pretty much going to be gauranteed kill. The support utility of the Life Drain skill is really nice and its a great way to give him some more depth items like Sacc Stone and HP boosters would be a good way to deal out a bunch of healing for your allies while maintaining your own health pool.

All in all a great idea, few number tweaks I think and it would be more balanced.

Be sure to check out my Intelligence Based Tank Suggestion - Minitari, need votes/comments as well.

[Voted Yes]
    AJHACKET
    "Dur'h, ok" (ARMADON)

LEGION: [IM] MINITARI (POPULAR)
    HELLBOURNE: [SM] SKULLKAR

Account Icon
    Also great idea! I love your ulti idea! Sometimes healer spams piss me off. T-up!

Account Icon
    Moved to Popular Suggestions!

Thank you for all the support!

Fills a much needed niche in HoN. Thumbs up.

Account Icon
    Reminds me of Pugna.
    Staff of the Master should turn your ultimate into a 'target area' spell instead of 'target unit'.. 300 radius or something.

Um one thing, arn't necromancers casters that involve resurecting the dead? Wouldn't it be cool to have a spell that can reanimate nearby corpse for like 3/6/9 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by xXQuatchiXx View Post
    Um one thing, arn't necromancers casters that involve resurecting the dead? Wouldn't it be cool to have a spell that can reanimate nearby corpse for like 3/6/9 seconds?
    No originally they are not. They are involved with the afterlife. One game just associated necromancers with corpses and the rest followed suit. The undead are part of an overused (albeit cool) minion master concept almost always.

Look to my future hero creations for more minion controlling type heroes.