Thread: Necromancer (Anti-Support)

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a hero like this implemented into Heroes of Newerth?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

150 90.36%
  • no

16 9.64%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Necromancer (Anti-Support)

Necromancer (IR - Hellbourne - Anti-Support)

Published!

http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...ps/Necromancer

(Same boring picture I know, but it best represents the hero)

Table of Contents

Section 1: General Information
    1.1 Lore
    1.2 Background
    1.3 Audio/Visual

Section 2: Stats and Spells
    2.1 Attributes
    2.2 Basic Skills
    2.3 Ultimate Skill

Section 3: Skill Synergy + Hero Discussion

1.1 Lore
    Deep within the Hellbourne shadows lies a crazed priest. One who turned away from Sol in favor of reversing his power for evil. The Necromancer roams Newerth sowing discord, turning friends against themselves and sapping the light of Sol for hell bent purposes.

1.2 Background
    A necromancer of a crippling sort, one who deals with the business of lost souls as opposed to dead flesh.

1.3 Audio/Visual

Quotes
    "Reduce them to dust!"
    "Only a matter of time."
    "Their friends shall turn on them"

Death Taunt
    "Did you see that? Sucked the life right out of that sucker!"

Death Animation
    Green souls burst from the Necromancer leaving nothing but dust.

Character Visual
    A dark shadowy figure covered in cloak. Much like the concept art shown above.

Auto-Attack Animation
    Fires green souls from his hand.

2.1 Attributes

Base Stats

STR: 17 (+1.9)
    AGI: 14 (+1.6)
    INT: 24 (+3.5)
    Move Speed: 290
    Range: 600
    Armor: 1.46
    Damage: 48-54
    2.2 Basic Skills

[Q] Spirit Raze (Active)

Skill Description: The Necromancer attempts to raze the enemies spirit dealing immense initial damage, however the damage partially heals over time.

Skill Effects: Necromancer deals initial magic, a portion of which will heal over time.

Cast Target: Enemy Unit

Cast Range: 600

Level 1: 135 mana to activate. Deals 125 magic damage to the target. The target heals 25 damage over 3 seconds. 7 second cooldown.

Level 2: 155 mana to activate. Deals 225 magic damage to the target. The target heals 50 damage over 3 seconds. 7 second cooldown.

Level 3: 175 mana to activate. Deals 325 magic damage to the target. The target heals 75 damage over 3 seconds. 7 second cooldown.

Level 4: 195 mana to activate. Deals 425 magic damage to the target. The target heals 100 damage over 3 seconds. 7 second cooldown.

Animation: A green burst of energy shoots forth from the Necromancer's hand. The enemy is consumed in a healing green fire.

Uses: A nuke useful for finishing off a fleeing opponent. Has synergy with both Sunder and Atrocity, making this spell an extremly potent nuke.

[W] Sunder (Active)

Skill Description: The Necromancer sunders the target's soul, rendering the unit ethereal for a small period of time. While ethereal the target is unable to attack and is slowed. In addition the unit has reduced magic armor but may not be the focus of physical attacks.

Skill Effects: Applies 'Sundered' to the target unit. The target is slowed by 50%, disarmed, and -6 Magic armor. The target is also rendered immune to physical attacks. This spell may be cast on yourself, an ally, or an enemy.

Cast Target: Target Unit

Cast Range: 500

Level 1: 100 Mana to activate. Applies 'Sundered' to the target unit for 2 seconds. 13 second cooldown.

Level 2: 100 Mana to activate. Applies 'Sundered' to the target unit for 2.5 seconds.11 second cooldown.

Level 3: 100 Mana to activate. Applies 'Sundered' to the target unit for 3 seconds. 9 second cooldown.

Level 4: 100 Mana to activate. Applies 'Sundered' to the target unit for 3.5 seconds. 7 second cooldown.

Animation: The target unit is given a green ghostly shade.

Uses: Allows for the Necromancer to power up his spell for a short period of time on a target as well as disable a carry, or protect a team mate, or yourself, from an opposing carry. Strengthens the rest of your spell significantly and increasing the healing done by Soul Drain

[E] Soul Drain (Active)

Skill Description: The Necromancer channels dark energies to either drain his opponents his life into his own or use his own soul to heal his allies.

Skill Effects: The Necromancer drains life from an enemy or gives life to an ally. Damage dealt is equal to how much life is gained. So the healing caused by Soul Drain is increased the lower your opponents magic armor. This is a channeled spell. Moving or issuing another action will break the channel. If the target moves past the maximum cast range the channel is also broken.

Cast Target: Target Unit

Cast Range: 650, Channels breaks when the target moves beyond 750

Level 1: 95 Mana to activate. Transfers 20 health per second. Lasts 5 seconds. 11 second cooldown.

Level 2: 105 Mana to activate. Transfers 40 health per second. Lasts 5 seconds. 10 second cooldown.

Level 3: 115 Mana to activate. Transfers 60 health per second. Lasts 5 seconds. 9 second cooldown.

Level 4: 125 Mana to activate. Transfers 80 health per second. Lasts 5 seconds. 8 second cooldown.

Animation: A green beam shot from the Necromancer's hand connects the target and the Necromancer

Uses: Gives the Necromancer a powerful laning spell as well as a powerful heal combined with Sunder. Allows the Necromancer to somewhat babysit.

2.3 Ultimate Skill

[R] Atrocity (Active)

Skill Description: The Necromancer unleashes the most vile spell in his arsenal, turning the the light of Sol into a malicious energy that feeds on life. Heals of any type damage the enemy.

Skill Effects: Stops health regeneration and causes all positive health gains to instead be dealt as magic damage. Does not include Life Steal.

Cast Target: Enemy

Cast Range: 1000

Level 1: 145 Mana to activate. 100% of all health gained by the target is converted into magic damage. Lasts 5 seconds. 75 Second Cooldown.

Level 2: 195 Mana to activate. 150% of all health gained by the target is converted into magic damage. Lasts 6 seconds. 65 Second Cooldown.

Level 3: 245 Mana to activate. 200% of all health gained by the target is converted into magic damage. Lasts 7 seconds. 55 Second Cooldown.

Animation: A giant spirit eminates from the Necromancer and envelops the target. If the target dies due to the effect of Atrocity the Necromancer maniacal laugh will be heard throughout the battle field.

Uses: Bane of the support class, this turns skills that heal into potent nukes and also causes items like Astrolabe, Nome's Wisdom, Power Supply and even any from of to be dangerous to the enemy unit. It also causes the healing done by Spirit Raze to damage the enemy instead and combined with Sunder the Necromancers nuking potential is huge.

3.0 Skill Synergy + Hero Discussion

The Necromancer is meant to be a deadly force that causes supportive effects to be detrimental to key enemy targets. He draws roots from the DotA hero Pugna even though he is not much like him The Necromancer has the highest int gain out of all heroes in order to support the 4 active spells he has that each have a large mana cost associated to them. With his Atrocity -> Sunder -> Spirit Raze -> Soul Drain combo the Necromancer can inflict heavy, and sometimes fatal, damage to the target as well as eliminates the possibility of the the target of being saved by say an Ophelia's Gift. With Atrocity's long range a running low health hero about to get healed by that enemy Jeraziah will instead of being healed for 300, will be nuked for 600 magic damage, killing the running hero. Also before anyone states that Sunder is 'over powered' one must compare it to other similar magic armor reducing effects. Sunder is a single target spell with an extremly low duration and a decent mana cost. This is opposed to Hellbringers Life Void which reduces magic armor in a large radius for 3 times he duration of Sunder. Life Void used to be -8 magic armor but in the recent patch was made -5 magic armor. I believe -8 is a good number for Sunder. Drain life allows the Necromancer to heal allies and absorb a great amount of health from enemies combined with Sunder. All of the Necromancer skills are splashable with each other and can be used in a variety of different skill builds. You could max either one of 3 skills and still have a viable build.

The Necromancer in short is versatile Anti-Support that can heal, disable, nuke and turn the enemies supportive spells against them.
    Last edited by Passthechips; 08-03-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Feedback on why you voted no is appreciated!

Account Icon
    I love it. Everything. I usually hate int heroes and don't even comment on them because of it, but you set a whole new bar. 5 stars. Absolutely amazing. If any hero deserves to be in the game, it's this one. Good Luck to you.

Account Icon
    well i once wrote why i love the hero so i don't actually need to repeat myself The idea is great and the ulti is one of a kind.

T-up

That hero is damn nice...I love the ult.. it really suprises me!And combined with Spirit Raze destroys everyting damn nice! wanna implemented in hon! +10 T-up

Thanks for the support!

T-Up for now, but the reduced magic armor plus the 425 nuke needs to be tweaked, it's far to powerful to have a nuke that hits for 600 damage at level 7 (considering the - magic armor is -8 at lvl 1 of the spell). Really like the idea though.

Sunder seems like way too much -magic armor. Compare it to Dota's Pugna's Decrepify which only adds 44% increased magic damage http://www.playdota.com/heroes/oblivion I don't have the chart of -magic armor for HoN but -8 seems like a LOT.

The synergy is great though, I really like the hero. Sort of a semi Pugna port. Very cool. Since my only real issue is Sunder being a tiny bit OP I'm gonna give this a thumbs up.

take a look at my hero suggestion (in my sig)

Quote Originally Posted by valiance View Post
    Sunder seems like way too much -magic armor. Compare it to Dota's Pugna's Decrepify which only adds 44% increased magic damage http://www.playdota.com/heroes/oblivion I don't have the chart of -magic armor for HoN but -8 seems like a LOT.

The synergy is great though, I really like the hero. Sort of a semi Pugna port. Very cool. Since my only real issue is Sunder being a tiny bit OP I'm gonna give this a thumbs up.

take a look at my hero suggestion (in my sig)
    I would love to make it exactly like Pugna's value but I don't know how much 1 magic armor is equal to so I guessed -8. I'll lower it to -6.

Thanks I'll take a look see

Account Icon
    i like the idea, idk why but i see it kinda of like DoT damage his ult mixed with first skill although the 2nd skill seems like itd be abit more useful if it were to also go with your ult other then that seems to be a pretty great idea

Account Icon
    yes, sounds really fun and looks like you put alot of time into this.

sadly there are always people who always vote no

Account Icon
    For some reason, good posts come first, then bad ones come later.

Unfortunately:

First Skill: Even though it heals over time, it does a CRAP ton of damage. Im talking swiftblade + electrician, with this, laning with this badass motherf***er JUST by himself = impossible. All you need is a regular stunner / nuker and BOOM someone dies.

Second Skill: Can't really argue with an already succesful skill. -6 magic armor(considering they have no magic armor bonuses), around 17% more magic damage(should be).

Third Skill: This is actually underpowered. Change it from 5 seconds to 8 seconds (like dota).

Ultimate: This + Accursed = Game crash, for it will keep distributing numbers back and forth infinately, as this causes all health gains to damage, but accursed's ult converts damage into health, and back and forth and back and forth, reword it. Also, this is actually NOT a good anti-support, as magic immunity WILL render even superior magic that has no physical capabilities what so ever, useless.

I still like the idea, voted YES!
    Last edited by DEFIANTNESS; 04-03-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Account Icon
    I really like the concept. I voted yes. Still, I agree with the above poster on most parts. Accursed' heal should just keep healing himself, and I don't think that Lifesteal realy counts as energy from Sol. :P Should keep healing, otherwise this hero would be an anti-carry, and not an anti-support.

[1] Spirit Raze, I'd say that the over-time heal should last 3 seconds. Not 4.

[2] Sunder , I don't see how this is anti support as much as how this is anti-carry. Renders them useless and totally vurnable to nukes. Which btw they, already are.

[3] Soul Drain , I don't really agree with the abobe poster. At level 4 this heals and damages for 400, meanign that it does get old later on, but still is more than Jeraziah's and Nymph's heals on the same level.

[4] Atrocity , Thought this was a bit imbalanced at start. And if it changes lifesteal into damage it is, but remove all none-automatic regens (except str regen) from the effect and this is actually a nice skill, if not a bit blood-hunter-ish noob unfriendly. Again, this is more Anti-str-behemoth'shear-tank than anti-support. Tho I think it DOES counter support... =.=
    Last edited by Servitor; 04-01-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxton View Post
    If I had no penis would I be able to add a condom to it?

Account Icon
    The Necromancer 650 range
    His abilities
    #1 - Speak evil aura damaging all in melee range slowly over time.
    #2 - Confusion (Area of effect 500 radius), like a stun but all enemies will attack each other.
    #3 - Transform any creep into a tougher Giant version of itself under your control.
    #4 - As his ultimate, (Superior magic) A small volcano erupts stunning and damaging all in 700 radius and out comes a TWO HEADED RED DRAGON that can be controlled by the Necromancer until a certain time when it dissipates.

Atrocity seems rather powerful if it can change vampiric as well, considering how many heroes go for that, but all things considered it doesn't even have to do damage. And that's what makes it so good. For lategame, it's not at all unbalanced, really. And considering how much risk Necromancer runs if he is to get close to the enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by Servitor View Post
    I really like the concept. I voted yes. Still, I agree with the above poster on most parts. Accursed' heal should just keep healing himself, and I don't think that Lifesteal realy counts as energy from Sol. :P Should keep healing, otherwise this hero would be an anti-carry, and not an anti-support.

[1] Spirit Raze, I'd say that the over-time heal should last 3 seconds. Not 4.

[2] Sunder , I don't see how this is anti support as much as how this is anti-carry. Renders them useless and totally vurnable to nukes. Which btw they, already are.

[3] Soul Drain , I don't really agree with the abobe poster. At level 4 this heals and damages for 400, meanign that it does get old later on, but still is more than Jeraziah's and Nymph's heals on the same level.

[4] Atrocity , Thought this was a bit imbalanced at start. And if it changes lifesteal into damage it is, but remove all none-automatic regens (except str regen) from the effect and this is actually a nice skill, if not a bit blood-hunter-ish noob unfriendly. Again, this is more Anti-str-behemoth'shear-tank than anti-support. Tho I think it DOES counter support... =.=

[1] Spirit Raze changed to heal over 3 seconds.

[2] Pugna's Decrepify was considered balanced and this skill should be compared to spells like Miniaturize and Morph. Both of those skills disarm, perplex, slow, and silence the enemy for the same duration as Sunder. Sunder however does not perplex or silence the enemy, it instead makes them immune to physical damage, and decreases their magic armor. This means even if the enemy Magebane was Sundered he would still be able to blink away, as opposed to a skill like Morph which would prevent him.

[3] Agreed.

[4] Changed not to affect lifesteal. Atrocity counters support in the fact that it takes the most known tool of the support role, the heal, and turns it against the enemies team. A Jeraziah with a potent heal, which is extremely useful in many cases of the game becomes a huge nuke to the target player. It counters Jeraziah's support skill.

Also some math for the person who said the nuke would be overpowered with any other stunner like elec. Pyro can do a lot more damage at level 5 but in an aoe as opposed to all of Necromancer's single target spells. In addition with a low Sunder level, Necromancer has to get his nuke off fast before the duration expires, as opposed to Pyro who doesn't have to. In addition Necromancer's combo costs a bit more mana then Pyro's at level 5.

Bump for feedback and votes.

Bump for feedback and votes.

Some things I noticed...
    Necromancers healing??? Anyway I liked...

First skill riggered something in my minda, why dmg then heal??? Then i thought about somehing else... Why not make this skill usable on allies??? With oposite effect, just add this, ally recieves a life boost andgets dmg over time, the damage can't kill the ally. his would prevent denies and would work like Insanitarius, give a life boost to save your ally ass... But he won't need to de actvate it...

Second skill I even think its Under powered... Pugna could take out almost half your magic resisance... This guy don't take more than 20%...

Third skill, Would synergise like hell if you changed first skill like I said... You give a life boost and heal you ally at same time... I'd laught if I saw this guy doing this to a mage while scout try to kill him... XD

Ultimate, quit a nice one, anti regen is one hell of a ideia... I just think the duraion is kanda short... 10 seconds wuld be more like it... You still need the target to cast some Heal for this to work... But if yuo raise the duraion, you will mage their own regen to kill them... It would be hell every where...

Finally, I noticed some guys saying this were useless or something...
    You are just afraid of him... This guy has potential... And the game miss a hro like this one...

Pretty good concept man... Few heroes make me have this much interest....
    T-Up...

Account Icon
    HA HA! I love it!

Screw you Jeraziah, Demented, Jester, and Accursed (to name a few)! T-up my friend, I love this hero.