Thread: Minimap shouldnt respond to right-clicks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Minimap shouldnt respond to right-clicks.

This is a big problem. When playing as legion and trying to run back you'll need to click urself back to your own side, that being southwest of your screen. And where is the minimap? Its on your southwest edge of the screen.

The problem is obvious and happens to me time after time although im trying to be careful not to right-click there. But it still happens to both me and a bunch of my friends. The result is clicking on the northeast side of the minimap and that makes you run back into your enemy. This is a critical issue since it can decide wether you win or loose a battle, and even the game.

Suggestion: Making the minimap not respond to right clicks, or make it an option that can be turned on/off.

I myself, do not ever use the minimap to run around, that being right clicks. So its just a waste of function imo. If someone actually do use it then maybe u can make it an option that can be turned on/off.

This is a problem that also accured in dota aswell, so please, fix it or make a redesign.

Account Icon
    Couldn't agree more... Countless times that i've accidentally clicked myself to the enemy base.

I agree, who the **** right-clicks on the map to move, make it non-responsive to right-clicks.
    This has happend to me one too many times now.
    This can ruin the entire game if it happends during a critical moment.

I personally never experienced anything like this. I'm more likely to accidently press a button than click on the wrong spot.
    Also I occasionally use the minimap for movement orders.

Account Icon
    I use minimap to move! Maybe make it an option.

Account Icon
    I right-click a lot on the minimamp to move as many other players, but i think the real problem is that the minimap is oversized in relation to the whole info bar at the bottom.

I rather have it resized than right-click off and i think in time u will learn to use the minimap A LOT, but obvuisly its better to have both options.

Account Icon
    I have had this problem to some extent as well, tho' it was mainly in DotA and not in HoN. I had quite forgotten about it up until now, which must mean that I do not have an issue with it anymore.

Personally I would never want the minimap unresponsive to right-clicks, as I use that feature a lot. This is regardless of the fact that I have died in just the same way you are describing several times.

i use minimap to move larger distances like for instance when i running back to pool.

instead of actually just doing frenzied clicking in a straight line, i right click on my base on the minimap and then hold C to centre the camera on my hero and follow him down. this automatically finds me the fastest way back to base and i can still keep an eye on my hero for ganks and other things.

Account Icon
    Minimap saves a lot of time when your moving to key locations

Account Icon
    I never had this problem either in HoN or in DotA, and I do sometimes use the minimap for moving, but I guess it doesn't hurt to add this as an option.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideras View Post
    I agree, who the **** right-clicks on the map to move, make it non-responsive to right-clicks.
    This has happend to me one too many times now.
    This can ruin the entire game if it happends during a critical moment.
    A lot of people do it.

Definitaly make it an option. I always use the mini-map. That's how it's always been in SC/WC. I've never misclicked on it...

solution to this: costum interface

Yes, please make it an option. Minimap movement On/Off. Drives me crazy.

Account Icon
    Instead of an on/off option what about a key modifier for minimap moves. Maybe, if set, you need to shift-right click (for example) on the minimap to move, and an unmodified right click does nothing. If the key isn't set, then a normal right click moves (same as now, and could be default).

I do sometimes use the minimap to move, but also have the same problem. I wouldn't want to completely disable minimap clicking to move, but I don't have heartburn about having to use a modifier on the minimap to avoid accidental deaths.

Account Icon
    The problem is that the top right corner of it sticks out into the game window a bit too far.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    IMO, this should be an toggleable.

Account Icon
    it should be an option in game options plus a toggle key like caps lock or something but I use it on regular basis for going here/there...

ok, looking good then. everyone agrees that it doesnt hurt to have an option that I proposed. Whats the next step from here? Just hope that any of the developers read this or post it elsewhere aswell?

Account Icon
    They just need an option to toggle this on and off. No need to remove it completely as many players use the minimap to move (rather than scrolling to the destination first and right clicking on the ground).