Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Mahnd [Newb-friendly Int Support]

View Poll Results: How cool is this hero?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aweshum! :]

77 74.76%
  • Sweet, but needs some tweaking.

18 17.48%
  • Eh, I don't really like it. :[ (Please post why!)

8 7.77%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    T-UP

Cool concept of having the noob friendly hero a support hero (trying to make the new players get to learning the game faster).

Another thing about this hero I like is the idea of forcing (in a good way) the newer players to be supportive in the game. Noone likes a noob scout right?

If this hero has some value in a competitive environment I do not know but would gladly find out =)

Mahnd (Hand in latin) ???? 'Manus' means hand in latin
    Last edited by Blu3; 08-12-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybes View Post
    T-UP

Cool concept of having the noob friendly hero a support hero (trying to make the new players get to learning the game faster).

Another thing about this hero I like is the idea of forcing (in a good way) the newer players to be supportive in the game. Noone likes a noob scout right?
    Haha, exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
    Mahnd (Hand in latin) ???? 'Manus' means hand in latin
    Yea, someone else pointed that out too. I was not aware of this. Fixed the graphic so that it no longer says that.

Btw, for everyone that voted the second option. Could you state what changes I should make? I would like to win your vote over to the first option. ;]

Edit: Changed starting stats.
    Str: 21 (from 1.7)
    Agi: 10 (from 15)
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-12-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    I <3 Efel.

Stuff Made by Yours Truly
    Deadwood Pawnch
    Gauntlet [Unsatisfied with it]
    Engineer's Direction Based Turret
    Riftshard Upgrades

If I don't respond to your pm, it's because I'm currently processing and evaluating other pms.

Ok, I have a question. When you stack poke up to 7 times, how much is the enemy slowed down by?

And completely unrelated, my friend and I made an rpg and we had a character that was like a knight with this ability called poke-stun.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sorry man... simply not my cup of tea. This hero doesn't feel like he should be a part of HoN, in my opinion at least. Neat concept, interesting skills... but something about him just doesn't click with me.

T-Down,

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheMoon View Post
    Ok, I have a question. When you stack poke up to 7 times, how much is the enemy slowed down by?

And completely unrelated, my friend and I made an rpg and we had a character that was like a knight with this ability called poke-stun.
    Depends on the level of the ability.
    But here you go: (This is for 7 stacks of poke)
    35%/42%/49%/56%

Quote Originally Posted by Anghkor View Post
    Sorry man... simply not my cup of tea. This hero doesn't feel like he should be a part of HoN, in my opinion at least. Neat concept, interesting skills... but something about him just doesn't click with me.

T-Down,
    Sorry you feel that way. :[
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

If I don't respond to your pm, it's because I'm currently processing and evaluating other pms.

Account Icon
    Flick should have a stun/slow on enemies and a move speed increase on allies. You're being hit by a giant hand, you're not going to just brush it off. Also reducing the stack on poke to 4/5/6/7and 4/6/8/10% slow would even it out a bit early game. Otherwise funny and cool hero. I can already hear the sexual harassment complaints from Ophelia and Nmyph. On a side note he reminds me of master hand from super smash bro's. He should have master hand's crazy steroid induced open palm smack around.
    Last edited by megacannibal; 08-13-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megacannibal View Post
    Flick should have a stun/slow on enemies and a move speed increase on allies. You're being hit by a giant hand, you're not going to just brush it off. Also reducing the stack on poke to 4/5/6/7and 4/6/8/10% slow would even it out a bit early game. Otherwise funny and cool hero. I can already hear the sexual harassment complaints from Ophelia and Nmyph. On a side note he reminds me of master hand from super smash bro's. He should have master hand's crazy steroid induced open palm smack around.
    Taking your words into consideration I've removed the ministun from poke and instead placed it on floating doom.
    Leveling up floating doom will now also make flick and poke stun targets for .05/.1/.15/.2 seconds.

Also changed the total amount of stacks poke can have to 7. (from 10)
    And changed the scaling value to 4%/6%/8%/10% from 5%/6%/7%/8%.

I think these changes will encourage more diverse skill builds.

Edit: Didn't wanna make another post since I feel like im bumping this too much, but I just changed the stun value to .05/.15/.25/.35 I think that might be a better jump in values?
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-13-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Account Icon
    I like the style of the change, though I'm not entirely sure how much difference it makes in practical terms to go from .05 "instant" stun to break channeling to a .2 second micro-stun, but the thought is definitely in the right place.

For reference, Glacial Blasts, the Tempest ability which triggers tiny stuns every few seconds hit with .6 second microstuns. This does 1/3rd of that.

Still, I'd say keep those numbers for now, good change.
    Last edited by Darkblade_1; 08-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade_1 View Post
    I like the style of the change, though I'm not entirely sure how much difference it makes in practical terms to go from .05 "instant" stun to break channeling to a .2 second micro-stun, but the thought is definitely in the right place.

For reference, Glacial Blasts, the Tempest ability which triggers tiny stuns every few seconds hit with .6 second microstuns. This does 1/3rd of that.

Still, I'd say keep those numbers for now, good change.
    Oh, thanks for that information.
    After some consideration I've changed the microstun scaling to
    .05/.20/.35/.50
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Hmm, auto-poll says 75% and calculated poll says 80%. Which one are we counting?
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhahhhohah View Post
    perhaps you'd like to explain your pro-apartheid stance to everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #92
    I like how this thread turned from a simple, cute suggestion with a few pictures into the most jumbled, complicated poll in this forum >.>

New Twitter and Blog addresses!

Its probably going to be implemented anyways. Too good a hero to.. not implement.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

This hero is amazing and I want it NOW. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I like how this thread turned from a simple, cute suggestion with a few pictures into the most jumbled, complicated poll in this forum >.>
    Yeah, I think I could of kept the poll a lot simpler if I just made it two options. Would of easily kept it over 80% when I broke it a while back.
    I think the second option is confusing people a bit. Since they think it's a thumbs up, but according to forum rules only the first option is.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Well, I get back home in 6 days. If you still want me to, I can ATTEMPT to trigger a test map. Unfortunately I can't guarantee anything, and the guy won't actually look like Mahnd, he'll look like a purple Kirby with a giant floating rock. However even if I can't get the abilities to work perfectly I could still show the basis of the viduals.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarfles View Post
    Well, I get back home in 6 days. If you still want me to, I can ATTEMPT to trigger a test map. Unfortunately I can't guarantee anything, and the guy won't actually look like Mahnd, he'll look like a purple Kirby with a giant floating rock. However even if I can't get the abilities to work perfectly I could still show the basis of the viduals.
    haha, you don't have to do that.

Just spread the word and make sure the voters pick the first option.
    I need 25 votes on the first option to break 80%.
    Make sure they pick the first option and not the second or it'll take even more votes.

(I bet I can get it into top suggestions faster by just making a new poll with only two options though.)
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

^Yeah doing that with Stormguard after some changes him. Check him out later :P
    If you want to make a new poll you know where my vote goes.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Account Icon
    Aww, it's so adorable! +1 from me, guy.

20.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #100
    Closing at OP request.
    An updated version of the hero can be found here:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=11674

New Twitter and Blog addresses!