Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Mahnd [Newb-friendly Int Support]

View Poll Results: How cool is this hero?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aweshum! :]

77 74.76%
  • Sweet, but needs some tweaking.

18 17.48%
  • Eh, I don't really like it. :[ (Please post why!)

8 7.77%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Mahnd [Newb-friendly Int Support]

This hero was re-made and now rests in Top Suggestions.
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-22-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Wow man.

How much can I pay you to commision one of these for me?

I mean, the pure genius of it is amazing.

But seriously I will pay you to make one of these for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhahhhohah View Post
    perhaps you'd like to explain your pro-apartheid stance to everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Account Icon
    This hero is actually very funny, and I'd love something comedic to play. You should try re-doing it a bit more seriously however. I'd hate to have to lock it.
    //Excalibur...
    The report function is your friend. If you fight with another member, regardless of who started it, you're both at fault.
    If you reply to spam, it is the same as spamming. The only acceptable action is to use the report function, or you will be given an infraction as well.
    S2 Forums Moderator/Staredit.net Global Moderator
    E2140 (OC 3.2GHz)/2x1GB DDR2 800/HD4870 1GB/
    Twinhead(Jakiro Port)/Magician's Hat(Item)

You can't lock it!

I mean it actually has all the required attributes to be an official hero, just laid out more comicly. I mean we had Puck in DotA XD.

But really its a great hero. I love the idea of the floating hand.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarfles View Post
    Wow man.

How much can I pay you to commision one of these for me?

I mean, the pure genius of it is amazing.

But seriously I will pay you to make one of these for me.
    Since you're the first person to ask, I'll make you one for free. Although don't expect me to make anything with a lot of detail in it. It's not that I'm lazy...well actually I am haha. But it's also that I don't have enough skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    This hero is actually very funny, and I'd love something comedic to play. You should try re-doing it a bit more seriously however. I'd hate to have to lock it.
    Awww. Could you tell me which aspect of it I should re-do?
    I tried to make the hero look as fragile and weak as possible while making the hand the complete opposite.

Although I do admit, the humorous appearance and skill names were totally on purpose. (Haha who knew poking and flicking could be so damn effective?)
    I <3 Efel.

Stuff Made by Yours Truly
    Deadwood Pawnch
    Gauntlet [Unsatisfied with it]
    Engineer's Direction Based Turret
    Riftshard Upgrades

If I don't respond to your pm, it's because I'm currently processing and evaluating other pms.

Seriously? I'll send you the hero as soon as possible o_O

But really, I love the whole way the hero works. The spells are original and spammable, give you good over-all control and the concept is just so great.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Seriously? I'll send you the hero as soon as possible o_O

But really, I love the whole way the hero works. The spells are original and spammable, give you good over-all control and the concept is just so great.
    I feel like I'm just bumping my own topic by replying so frequently, but...

speaking of spammable, I forgot to add the cooldown graphic showing thing on the ultimate. 1 sec will-reupload.

Edit: Done. :}
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-10-2009 at 02:55 AM.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

If I don't respond to your pm, it's because I'm currently processing and evaluating other pms.

This hero is fantastic. Seriously, I love it. Don't change a thing. Good luck getting him implemented!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Account Icon
    You should re-do it in text form, and have it well organized using quote nesting and color coding. After that, go to thread tools and add a public poll, and it'll be on it's way.
    //Excalibur...
    The report function is your friend. If you fight with another member, regardless of who started it, you're both at fault.
    If you reply to spam, it is the same as spamming. The only acceptable action is to use the report function, or you will be given an infraction as well.

You should re-do it in text form, and have it well organized using quote nesting and color coding. After that, go to thread tools and add a public poll, and it'll be on it's way.
    !!! But I spent ages making that. D:
    All the text is hand written!

I thought you meant the hero itself, not the format that it's presented. :[
    I don't mean to poke fun at other suggestions as BoinkBot has; I just wanted a more refreshing and colorful way to present my hero.

Aw man, I guess if I have though to I will.
    Is there no way we could make a comprimise?
    (Maybe pm me something if you can think of anything. I don't want to start anything on the forums.)
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-10-2009 at 03:23 AM.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Or we could just make this the new official hero template.

That way everyone's happy ;D
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Account Icon
    If you want to keep it in image format, please make the text more legible and label the cool downs instead of having a clock. As long as the presentation is clear, and stresses that the suggestion is serious, it should be fine.

I don't mean serious as in remove the comedy from it, that's what makes this hero an absolute gem. I love the idea of a little Kirby like figure controling a big bad hand. I mean making sure things are clear, making it look like you want people to be able to understand it so that it can get into Top Suggestions and hopefully into the game.

I wish you luck, and once the poll is up, you have my support.
    //Excalibur...

Doesn't show the mana costs either, you should probably add those.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

If you want to keep it in image format, please make the text more legible and label the cool downs instead of having a clock. As long as the presentation is clear, and stresses that the suggestion is serious, it should be fine.

I don't mean serious as in remove the comedy from it, that's what makes this hero an absolute gem. I love the idea of a little Kirby like figure controling a big bad hand. I mean making sure things are clear, making it look like you want people to be able to understand it so that it can get into Top Suggestions and hopefully into the game.

I wish you luck, and once the poll is up, you have my support.
    Doesn't show the mana costs either, you should probably add those.
    okie doke.
    I'll remake the text once I wake up in the morning. Right now my creative juices are completely drained.
    I'll add mana costs too but don't expect them to be balanced, I have no idea what is balanced with mana. :P
    Do you want me to change the graphic representations of movement speed, attack damage, and range? Also should I add in all the other stuff like armor, and...other stuff I can't remember...

I originally didn't want to add them because I thought the developers would be a whole lot better at thinking up numbers for them then I could. But if it's a requirement, I guess I could do that as well.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Poke: 30 Mana.
    Flick: 95 Mana (You should also add some 45/65/85/105 damage here, its a little weak)
    Ult: Mmm have no idea.

Just my first guesses for those.
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Poke: 30 Mana.
    Flick: 95 Mana (You should also add some 45/65/85/105 damage here, its a little weak)
    Ult: Mmm have no idea.

Just my first guesses for those.
    About the damage, I didn't want it to do any because you could use it on allies too. So instead to buff it, I increased the range it pushes your target (from 300 to 500) after checking out the force staff in dota. I did however, add your mana costs.

Also, other updates:
    Fixed a spelling error.
    Increased duration of the poke debuff to 9 seconds. (From 7 seconds)
    Changed ultimate so that spells casted using it take 50% more mana.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention, way too lazy to re-do all the text so I just added a text version at the end.
    Edit2: Polls up. Having fun making Blarfle's hero sheet thing.
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Account Icon
    i like it, but the first skill sounds a lot like Goo on armadon. also, whats the active part of assist do exactly, do you put it on an ally and it makes htem longer range but half dmg and 50% more mana cost? or does it do that, but on either ally or enemy

i vote positive when a poll is there
    my name is grigden, and my account was hacked. they changed my name, and iron_pupet was their accomplice. that is my story

My suggestions, please don't view or vote:

The Monopoly Group:
    Part 1, the Top Hat

Account Icon
    Amazing, but the ultimate doesn't seem that effective to me. Love all the skills though, and it would be a really good hero to be added. The idea of a melee hero attacking from far is brilliant, but it might be a bit overpowered, unless he's weak.

For his ultimate, my suggestion would be to get an avatar-like spell, i.e.:
    Glove (offensive)
    Manhd's floating hand wears a glove and becomes serious business.
    The floating hand wears a glove, which increases its damage by 50%/100%/150% and speeds up Manhd's attack animation by 10%/20%/30%. However, because Manhd's Floating Hand is covered, the damage of Floating Doom will be decreased by 60%/50%/40% for the duration of the glove.

or

Glove (defensive)
    Manhd's floating hand wears a glove and becomes serious business.
    The floating hand wears a glove, which gives it a starting 600/800/1000 health points, thus turning it into a hero itself*. While the glove is on, Manhd's floating attaches itself to a target ally and takes 50%/60%/70% of the damage on that ally. Manhd can also jump to 1/2/3 other heroes. Manhd's glove last 30/40/50 seconds or until the glove wears off, turning the floating hand into Manhd's attack once again.
    Last edited by Uee; 08-10-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grigden View Post
    i like it, but the first skill sounds a lot like Goo on armadon. also, whats the active part of assist do exactly, do you put it on an ally and it makes htem longer range but half dmg and 50% more mana cost? or does it do that, but on either ally or enemy

i vote positive when a poll is there
    The first skill although similar to Goo has two key differences. (btw i didn't notice this similarity before hand, so thanks for pointing it out.)

The first key difference is that recasting Poke on the target will refresh the debuff. (I don't think Goo does this?)
    This allows mahnd to keep his target at the effects of maximum charge much more easily.

The second key difference is that the range of Mahnd's spells are directly related to his attack range. This allows Mahnd to cast this debuff from much further away then Armadon could ever imagine.

This will be made more clear once I explain the ultimate.

What the ultimate does is that it links you to an ally. The range at which you can link to your ally is completely dependent on your normal attack range and not the 4x range boost.

When you do link to an ally, your hand will automatically fly over what ever your ally is targeting. If your ally targets something else while you're linked, your hand will fly over to the new target. The hand's damage and spells are still yours. So the 50% attack damage reduction and 50% spell cost increase effect you and not your ally. This spell does not affect you or your ally in any other way.

You can only use the spell on allies. Sorry I should make that more clear.

Edit:

@Uee I somewhat addressed your concern on his ult with the new in-depth goal section. Hopefully, it explains to you why his ult is actually extremely useful. If you want, I can go through your spell ideas more in-depth and try to see if we can make some changes. I ask you to review the new section first though so you have a better understanding of his goal.

Edit: Ok I added what is targetable to the graphics and text.
    Edit: Added the list.
    Edit: Oh, just wanted to point out that Mahnd is not a melee unit even though he attacks with a floating hand. He still counts as ranged for item effects and whatnot.
    Edit: Increased amount of times the Poke debuff stacks to 10 (from 5) after realizing bat rider has a very similar skill and comparing the values.
    Edit: After some thinking, nerfed Floating Doom percentage to 25%/50%/75%/100% from 50%/75%/100%/125%. Realised that it would be ridiculously over powered if it could do tons of damage whenever someone was affected by a HoT for no mana cost. Now it can just negate how much they heal.
    Edit: Nerfed poke to make the duration of the debuff 7 seconds. (from 9) This is to ensure that he can't Poke stack multiple people. (previously since the cooldown is 4 seconds, it allowed the player to quickly swap between two enemy heroes and keep them at max stack)
    Last edited by NinjaPants; 08-10-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    I <3 Efel.

Deadwood Pawnch
    Riftshard Upgrades

Account Icon
    Oh I get the ult now. D: Nvm it's good, forget my suggestions. :P