Base Speed: 285
    Attack Type: Melee
    Attack Rate: 0.55
    Base Armor: 4.21

Strength: 20 (+2.1)
    Agility: 14 (+1.1)
    Intelligence: 22 (+3.1)

Theme

Gank/Support Hero. Visually he'd look like a worn out old zombie in torn robes with glowing red eyes and a big 'ol rusty shovel propped up on his shoulder.

Skills

Death Nova
    The Grave Digger marks a unit for death, dealing damage over time. In addition, if the unit dies while under the effects of Death Nova they explode violently, dealing damage in a 400 AoE. (This skill has nothing to do with Necrolyte's skill which bears the same name.)

Skill Type: Debuff
    Target: Single Allied* or Enemy Unit
    Damage Type: Pure/Magical
    Cast Range: 500
    Cast Time: 0.5 Seconds
    Duration: 25 Seconds
    Manacost: 120
    Cooldown: 15 Seconds

Level 1 - 5 damage /second, 125 burst damage.
    Level 2 - 7 damage /second, 200 burst damage.
    Level 3 - 8 damage /second, 275 burst damage.
    Level 4 - 10 damage /second, 350 burst damage.

* Death Nova does not deal the listed damage per second when cast on an allied unit, but does deal burst damage as normal.

WHACK!
    The Grave Digger musters up all his strength, winds back, and brings his shovel down on his foe's head, dealing damage and stunning them for a short time. I must also insist that a loud echoing *BONG* play when someone is WHACKED! (Port of Tail Bash.)

Skill Type: Disable
    Target: Single Enemy Unit
    Damage Type: Magical
    Cast Range: Melee
    Cast Time: Instantaneous
    Mana Cost: 100
    Cooldown: 12 Seconds

Level 1 - 25 damage, stuns for 2 seconds.
    Level 2 - 50 damage, stuns for 2.5 seconds.
    Level 3 - 75 damage, stuns for 3 seconds.
    Level 4 - 100 damage, stuns for 3.5 seconds.

Plant Tombstone
    The Grave Digger plants a cursed tombstone on a nearby corpse (recently dead unit), which slows nearby enemies and makes them vulnerable to damage.

Skill Type: AoE
    Target: Nearest corpse within 200 AoE of cast area.
    Area of Effect: 500/550/600/650
    Cast Range: 650
    Cast Time: 1.2 Seconds
    Duration: 9 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 80/110/140/170
    Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Level 1 - 10% movement slow, +10% damage taken.
    Level 2 - 15% movement slow, +10% damage taken.
    Level 3 - 20% movement slow, +15% damage taken.
    Level 4 - 25% movement slow, +15% damage taken.

Shallow Grave
    The Grave Digger exerts his will over the soul of a recently dead Hero, which manifests as a Spectral Reaper under his control.

Skill Type: Summon
    Cast Range: 300
    Cast Time: 1 Second
    Duration of Summon: 35/45/60 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 300/400/500
    Cooldown: 120 Seconds

Level 1 - The Spectral Reaper is swift and incorporeal.
    Level 2 - The Spectral Reaper is swift, incorporeal and has a sharpened scythe.
    Level 3 - The Spectral Reaper is swift, incorporeal, has a sharpened scythe, and strikes with the chill of the grave.

-----------------------------------------------------

Spectral Reaper

Base Speed: 370
    Attack Type: Melee
    Attack Rate: 0.36
    Base Attack Damage: 70/100/130
    Base Physical Armor: 8/9/10
    Hit Points: 700/850/1000

Swift: +10%/20%/30% Attack And Movement Speed
    Incorporeal: As Enhanced Marchers active ability, but constant. Addtionally it grants the spectral reaper 20%/30%/40% evasion.
    Sharpened Scythe: 20%/25% chance for attack to deal 1.80x damage.
    Chill of the Grave: 20% movement and attack speed slow on a successful hit. Lasts 3 seconds.

Note: The Spectral Reaper oughtta look like a semi transparent cloaked skeleton sans a lower half holding an equally transparent scythe as long as his own body.

Last edited by Emiscary; 08-09-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Sounds like a solid idea. The ult sounds pretty cool.

Sounds good except the Reaper needs to die after maybe 15 sec? Mostly to prevent him from just stashing the reaper in the base.

Few changes made. Lowered duration of Ult, upped AoE of Nova.

It looks like your ult's timer will have expired before the auto-revive even works. Is it only designed to stop buybacks?

More or less. And to be fair if you can get it off right when you hit level 6 it'll probably spill over.

But anyways, is that a suggestion to up the duration?

Account Icon
    sounds good, they need to put in a Necro :-D

Account Icon
    Sounds pretty cool, like the ulti.

More feedback please.

I feel the stun is a little too long. Basing off DotA the only stun that long would be alchemist and it has a charge up.

The difference is this stun deals minimal physical damage. The average hero's normal attack would deal more damage late game. It's practically pure stun, which I feel warrants extralong stun duration.

If hivemind is ported with this, does it create 4 astral reapers when raising hivemind (meepo)? D:
    If so, Me likey.

Sure? That'd be extraordinarily rigged, but if Shallow Grave was coded to randomly summon from a Hero's corpse within a large AoE I'd be down for the above cheese.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    this guy rocks dude

Account Icon
    Death Nova: Love it, if you keep one skill this summer, make sure it's Death Nova!
    WHACK!: Visceral, neat. Stuns a bit long and I question the physical damage, negligible advantage early game, negligible damage late game.
    Tombstone: Sounds like a nightmare to aim, targeting corpses seems very difficult to do. Maybe plant at target, consumes a nearby corpse or fails to cast. Alternately, place it and it consumes all corpses in X AoE and slows/amps damage based on how many it managed to take up.
    Ultimate: Sounds like a cool summon. The "can't ressurect" clause seems like it wont matter enough, I'd consider removing it. I think it'd either not matter 99/100 games, or be used for Griefing more then for a summon.

Overall neat hero, although I question his 'ganker' role before he's level 6.

Fair enough, ressurection cancel has been removed, Plant Tombstone targeting clarified, Death Nova can now be targeted on allied units, WHACK! damage type changed and stun duration shortened.
    Last edited by Emiscary; 08-09-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Ult is quite bad compared to malphas and First skill needs some kind of buff. Reduce death nova's cooldown to ~15 sec and up duration to 30 sec imo.

Malphas is a gigantic lumbering tank. The Reaper probably couldn't out tank him, no. But malphas is completely useless as far as chasing/herokilling goes past his 1 second summon stun once the other team can afford marchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiscary View Post
    Malphas is a gigantic lumbering tank. The Reaper probably couldn't out tank him, no. But malphas is completely useless as far as chasing/herokilling goes past his 1 second summon stun once the other team can afford marchers.
    Well, true but I feel The Reaper would still be dying too fast unless It's just about chasing and in that case 180 sec cooldown is way too big. Refresher could make something pretty imba though.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Targuil; 08-09-2009 at 07:23 PM.