No, and i've written why
This is our 3rd hero suggestion made after many hours of work during class and in the library. All original artwork created by Fenrisulf. Hero ideas are the combined effort of the both of us and reviewed and edited first by The Legion Civilized. Vote always on concept and not on numbers, numbers and even skills can be changed, no votes are forever. Check out our other hero suggestions in the links in our signatures.
Without further ado
Fenrisulf and Junglebadger present:
Genbu was found and taken in by pollywog priests when he was young. Trained in the arts of combat and magic, Genbu has become a fearsome warrior indeed. With his weapons, he can parry his opponent's attacks and break through their armor. Using the magic he was taught by the priests, he can summon his ancestral guardian - a giant water spirit - to come to his aid.
Agil 17 +2
Int 17 +2
Str 25 +2.6
Attack range: 130
Starting damage: 50-60
Magic Armor: 5.5
Role: Genbu's role is to cause chaos in team fights and to focus down the carry. With his first two skills he becomes a formidable anti-carry, and with his third skill and ultimate he can make quite an impact in team battles.
Voice - Deep, maybe slightly croaky.
Spawn - "From the deep I come"
Moving - "I hate walking"
"I move with the morning mist"
"Send me at them!"
"Follow in my wake"
Attack - "I will break them"
"No one will get past me"
"The spirit of the sea fights with me"
"Prepare to be shell-shocked"
Ultimate - "Feel the might of the seas!"
Dying - *clattering of shell falling on ground*
Annoyed - "Quit poking me; I have dry skin"
"Genbu is a master at arms. With his mighty sword-breaker in his left hand, he blocks oncoming attacks and disarms the opponent."
Visual: Genbu raises his left arm to meet oncoming attacks and swipes to the side.
Genbu can parry and block attacks; if an opponent gets into his range, he can temporarily disarm them.
Lvl 1 - 10% chance to block an attack, 10% chance to partially block a direct magic attack reducing its effect by 50%, also disarms for 1 second if the attacker is within his attack range.
Lvl 2 - 15% chance to block an attack, 15% chance to partially block a direct magic attack reducing its effect by 50%, also disarms for 1 second if the attacker is within his attack range.
Lvl 3 - 20% chance to block an attack, 20% chance to partially block a direct magic attack reducing its effect by 50%, also disarms for 2 seconds if the attacker is within his attack range.
Lvl 4 - 25% chance to block an attack, 25% chance to partially block a direct magic attack reducing its effect by 50%, also disarms for 2 seconds if the attacker is within his attack range.
Cannot disarm a single unit again for 2 seconds after the first disarm wears off
Armor Crusher -
"Genbu swings his mighty axe and crushes his enemy's defenses"
Visual: Genbu swings his axe in a wide arc; a trail of water is blasted from the back, propelling it forward.
Single target armor reducing physical damage nuke
Lvl 1 - Reduces armor by 2, does 100 damage
Lvl 2 - Reduces armor by 3, does 175 damage
Lvl 3 - Reduces armor by 4, does 250 damage
Lvl 4 - Reduces armor by 5, does 325 damage
Mana cost: 125
Duration: 8 seconds
Armor reduction occurs before damage is dealt
Apparition of Water-
"Genbu summons an ancient water spirit from within his amulet; it envelops his body and brings destruction to the battlefield"
Visual: Water spills from his amulet forming into the water spirit that surrounds him. Spirit is bigger with more charges size of spirit at max charges will be close to Kongor in size.
Water spirit forms around Genbu, giving him a few new abilities. Gives him additional magic armor, small slow on attack, slight increase in range per charge (his attacks will not become ranged, just the size of the water spirit surrounding his model will cause an increased melee attack range). This ability gains 1 charge every 15 seconds while not active. After activation, Genbu loses 1 charge of this ability every 5 seconds.
Genbu's model won't change, there will be a semi-transparent water spirit enveloping him. The collision size will remain the same, however if someone walks through the water spirit part then they will be slowed by 20%.
Lvl 1 - Attacks slow by 10%, 1 magic armor +.5 magic armor/charge, max 2 charges
Lvl 2 - Attacks slow by 10%, 2 magic armor +.5 magic armor/charge, max 3 charges
Lvl 3 - Attacks slow by 10%, 3 magic armor +.5 magic armor/charge, max 4 charges
Lvl 4 - Attacks slow by 10%, 4 magic armor +.5 magic armor/charge, max 5 charges
Slow from this skill effects both movement and attack speed
Parry range increases accordingly, to the size of the water spirit
First charge gives approx 100 more range, each charge after that gives approx 25 more. Adjusted to how big S2 decides to make his spirit's model if they implement.
Cannot activate if there are no charges.
Tidal surge -
"Genbu releases a huge tidal wave radiating out from his body. It rushes out and then recedes back to him, wrapping around him and forming his water spirit. After water recedes into him a magical mist is left over for additional time"
Visual: Large wave comes outward from his body, then recedes and forms into the water spirit. Mist remains after Apparition of Water is force activated.
Wave of water damages enemy on expulsion and drags them in slightly on return. Instantly casts Apparition of Water but doesn't take its mana cost. However, the charges are used up. The mist that remains diffuses enemy magic damage.
Lvl 1 - Does 200 damage, pulls in by 300 units, gives 1 extra charge (goes beyond maximum charge limit) to Apparition of water. Mist remains for 5 seconds, reduces magic damage by 10% in the aoe of the wave. Applies Sodden to enemies for 6 seconds
Lvl 2 - Does 300 damage, pulls in 300 units, gives 2 extra charge (goes beyond maximum charge limit) to Apparition of water. Mist remains for 10 seconds, reduces magic damage by 15% in the aoe of the wave. Applies Sodden to enemies for 6 seconds
Lvl 3 - Does 400 damage, pulls in by 300 units, gives 3 extra charge (goes beyond maximum charge limit) to Apparition of water. Mist remains for 15 seconds, reduces magic damage by 20% in the aoe of the wave. Applies Sodden to enemies for 6 seconds
Sodden Effects: 15% movement slow, disables blinks and pseudo-blinks.
Radius of 700
Thank you for reading and vote YES!
He's like a miniature leviathan, he has gush (- armor and damage) and he's a turtle and leviathan was sorta turtle looking so it all makes sense, I love how heroes in HoN have 1 or 2 skills from a key hero from DotA, sometimes even all 4 skills, but with their own twists, this seems like a very realistic hero to have in a lineup
I liked the idea...
But sorry for the lack of feed back... I didn't have any ideia to help improove...
But is a really cool hero... I'd love to play him... Good work...
Very good concept... I like the idea of ulti, good for running enemies and team clashes. T-up from me
that is the most badass koopa i've ever seen! Props on the artwork!
Interesting concept really... One thing that bugs me... Could Pollywog train this guy in axe swinging? Idk Polly is axe proficient. Everything else is a ok! Vote yes
Just wanted to say love the artwork before I forgot. Got to go; I will read later, and will probably thumb up this like your sweet robot character.