Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Translation bugs/feature requests

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon

Translation bugs/feature requests

Post any general feature requests or bugs here.

Planned fixes/features:
    -Large character sets take a very long time to render. The game generates a texture for each font face at startup. Large character sets like those needed for the Chinese or Korean translations take a very long time to load. We plan to add a cached version of the textures so that the load time will only be long the first time it is accessed.

-Add the ability to specify which character ranges you want to be able to see, even if they are not included in your language. (For instance, you could play in English but also enable the Cyrillic range so you can see text properly for people chatting in Russian.)

Account Icon
    Thanks God!
    We are asking for this already for veeeeery long time

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    -Add the ability to specify which character ranges you want to be able to see, even if they are not included in your language. (For instance, you could play in English but also enable the Cyrillic range so you can see text properly for people chatting in Russian.)
    Nice! I was so annoyed by lack of that feature, I even started some whining posts about it. Nice to see you guys are actually aware of the problem.

Can't wait for the patch with this stuff

Account Icon
    Hi HoN team, i'm looking forward to check out your game.
    I've found a mistake in your inspiring start speech at http://beta.heroesofnewerth.com/main.php
    You are free to communicate and discuss Heroes of Newerth publich, including forum discussions and talking to friends and family.
    Hope it was helpful and i posted this in right place.

Minor Spelling Error in English

meant to be "Will lock that slot" not tha

And also since when is the players a star? Mine is just a circle?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lock player slots.JPG  

Aquí puse 2 bugs aún sin solucionar:

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...9&postcount=44

Gracias por el juego!

german language cant read chat and many other things are just cmds
    just go online with german language 1 sec and you'll see^^

file tooltip_ability.package at line 38

Code:
    ontrigger="If(param3 gt 0, SetText('Value: ' # param3), ClearText());"
    correct will be:

Code:
    ontrigger="If(param3 gt 0, SetText(Translate('tooltip_value') # param3), ClearText());"
    best regards

I'm not a native English speaker, so I might be wrong but i guess there is a mistake in "Sear" skill description of Accursed: "Causes Accursed's attacks to sear his target, slowing their movement speed. Any ally that attacks the affected unit will be buffed with INCREASED INCREASED attack speed and movement speed."
    Last edited by kaminokage; 09-05-2009 at 06:53 PM.

I'd love to have features for aiding in waiting for friends/friends waiting for you.

For instance, it would be awesome if you could watch the rest of your friend's game while waiting for them. Also, you could probably do some pretty accurate ETA estimates based on average time until game is over based on number of towers down, rax, skill levels, etc.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguiin View Post
    I'd love to have features for aiding in waiting for friends/friends waiting for you.

For instance, it would be awesome if you could watch the rest of your friend's game while waiting for them. Also, you could probably do some pretty accurate ETA estimates based on average time until game is over based on number of towers down, rax, skill levels, etc.
    your suggestion does not belong here
    you can talk about that on Suggestions section

btw, I dont if that could be good, because friends could help them on what to do to win, idk
    old GVT - new ksed name =D

Can all the heroes be made out of their icons? FIND OUT!
    Brazilian Translation Project
    DotA/Unreal Announcer for killing sounds mod by me

Account Icon
    I often like to speak the master language, German, however, a lot of the characters only show up here as question marks. Please fix this.

Account Icon
    I was wondering, is it possible to change the date format in game?
    04/26/2010 <- this confuses most of brasilians
    our standard here is 26/04/2010

I hope someone read this, long time I dont see staff or moderator post here -.-
    I dont think the thread Important note about version 1.34 still need to be sticky

thank you

04/26/2010 <- this confuses most of brasilians
    which date exactly do you mean?

all the data in the game comes directly from the hon server (saw that they use php and xml etc ingame) searched a while and found some functions in the templates for showing the dates but there are yout the templates the functions have to be maybe on the server or in one of the compiled files (exe or so...)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Huxxxley View Post
    which date exactly do you mean?

all the data in the game comes directly from the hon server (saw that they use php and xml etc ingame) searched a while and found some functions in the templates for showing the dates but there are yout the templates the functions have to be maybe on the server or in one of the compiled files (exe or so...)
    in brazil the standard for date is DD/MM/YYYY
    all sofwares use like that, I think we are used to that alot,
    when I see MM/DD/YYYY it confuses

example:
    Last Activity 4/1/10 23:11
    sounds like january, but it is april

I hope you get what I mean

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Post any general feature requests :
    Czech or Slovak language (we understand both)
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RudegaR View Post
    Post any general feature requests :
    Czech or Slovak language (we understand both)
    thanks
    you can download the most up-to-date CZ or SK translation from http://www.heroesofnewerth.cz/
    it is updated after every patch since 0.1.27

CZ: http://www.heroesofnewerth.cz/clanek/cestina
    SK: http://www.heroesofnewerth.cz/clanek/slovenstina

those translations are used by several hundreds (maybe thousands) players and most of them like it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This reqest was not for me, I prefer english version, but many Czech/Slovak people dont understand english, as you probably know, anyway, thank you Tomas.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Post any general feature requests or bugs here.
    I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post, but it's the closest related place I could find. I'm playing around with writing a mod that translates chat by sending it through Google Translate (check my signature), and I found a few oddities in the handling of special characters. Basically, the game doesn't encode UTF-8 characters correctly when sending a POST request using the <form> element.

More Details:

When making a POST request (when using the <form> element in a script) I noticed the following oddities:

• When sending any UTF-8 data in a POST request, the game seems to automatically convert the special characters by using their url encoding, as they just get turned into percentage encoded strings (e.g. "%x3%x4" for an a with an umlaut), except that they don't seem to be valid url encodings (for one, there aren't supposed to ever be x's there). I believe this to be an error (and hopefully not my ignorance of some type of encoding scheme!) because I've found different characters that encode to the same string, which would make this encoding indecipherable.
    • The other problem might be intended behaviour, but I'll mention it just in-case:
      When receiving the result of a POST request, the game throws a CPHPData - Bad Data error if the result contains any UTF-8 characters and was generated using the PHP function serialize(). It seems that PHP's serialize() counts the byte length of a string, while HoN counts the actual characters (and then this error happen because UTF-8 characters can be encoded to more than one byte).

Hopefully these are actually bugs that I am reporting and not just me being stupid/ignorant!

P.S. This was all tested in Windows
    Last edited by Silv3ri; 05-28-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Made it clearer to read.

[Silv3ri's Mods]
    Original version of signature image is by www,annestokes,com
    ui/ui_items.package, line 1519

Please add chinese symbols support, such as 。,、?!();「」『』
    Currently, using these symbols will be replaced by a white square even though the font does support them.

Thank you.