Thread: Assists should count more in a player's statistics

Hybrid View

Account Icon

Assists should count more in a player's statistics

I would like to see a variable comparing a player's assists to his kills in a player's lifetime statistics overview.

People have different play stiles, and looking at DotA, it often happened to me that my assists by far exceeded my kills, to a ratio of 1:4 - especially when playing support heroes like Rooftrellen, where I got no kill but technically carried my team to win with the Root+Refresher+Root combo (10 seconds disabled = teamwipe), having a score of 0:2:30 at the end.

Personally, I prefer people who have a kill:assist ratio with the assists exceeding the kills, because from experience those are the ones who are able to play in a team properly.

Also, this is an important factor since it is far easier to gain assists than kills in a team game like this.

Every input welcome.

EDIT: I just realized that this might fit better in the 'Interface and Feature' sub forum. I apologize for putting this in the wrong sub forum and kindly request this thread to be switched to there.

Account Icon
    This is already done? Hit f6, the stat thing in there wil calc your average KDA, not based on time, cause that's just weird aint it?

I don't get what OP is trying to say :S

Account Icon
    Ah, all I want to say is:
    Under lifetime statistics there is "K ratio"; I would like to have "K:A ratio" as well underneath.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You already get that your assists tracked, shows how many you get per game right beside kills and deaths. Doesn't have a K:A ratio but its pretty obvious when you see how many kills / assists you get per game

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You have a K;D;A ratio.
    The stat page is pretty loaded with a bunch of stats, and the addition of a K;A would just be redundant because of the above ratio's existence.
    Use that too see the ratio and ignore the D's, and geez. 0-2-30? I highly doubt that but if that's true you should work on smacking their heroes a bit
    Last edited by Gabe; 08-06-2009 at 01:24 PM.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."