Thread: Hero and Allied Coloring

Hero and Allied Coloring

Currently, it's very hard to distinguish between enemy and allied heroes, both on the screen and the minimap.

HoN is in a dire need of allied color templates, like we have in Warcraft 3. In War, you can choose to see only Red and Blue colors, instead of the 10 different colors on the map and on the screen.

Account Icon
    Every player have a brain (I think ?!) and memorising the ennemis heroes shouldn't be a problem... for new players it's a little difficult to know who is who I agree, but after some games I'm sure they'll be ok. (like I did)

And about the color feature... I think it's already available (I didn't use it yet) on the minimap there is a little icon for that

Account Icon
    To be fair when I started HoN it was difficult for me to point out enemies as well. I think the red line is too thin until you get used to it (when you hover the mouse over an enemy). Not sure how one would go around this, though.

Account Icon
    i agree with the OP

Account Icon
    i just made similar post about this .. and ive been told that there is a little button on the left top .. that makes you allies green and enemies red ...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    They forgot to make your own hero a different color though

I would like some kind of aura effect around heroes/creeps. This would make watching games much more comfortable to beginners.
    If a normal gamer watches a tournament stream of CS or Starcraft they have usually no problem to track what unit is in Team A or Team B, but with games like warcraft it becomes hard, especially when many units are involved.
    Atleast in replays or as spectator some option to change this would be appreciated.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MobZombie View Post
    Currently, it's very hard to distinguish between enemy and allied heroes, both on the screen and the minimap.

HoN is in a dire need of allied color templates, like we have in Warcraft 3. In War, you can choose to see only Red and Blue colors, instead of the 10 different colors on the map and on the screen.
    There is a button on the minimap that changes all allies to green and enemys to red (i may have the colors flipped because i dont use it)