Thread: Kicking people from games

Kicking people from games

I was just playing a three v three with two of my friends on the new map. I played as arachna. I killed people on the other team a couple of times and then they started to say things like "why'd you pick a cheap hero" "i love being permaslowed" etc etc. naturally its just trashtalk because they suck so i don't think too much of it.

anyways i kill them a couple more times and then they vote to kick me and somehow they pull it off. I don't know anything about the kicking rules in this game but neither of my teammates voted to have me kicked - we were all on skype at the time anyways. so my guess is that the three on the other team voted to kick me and did so.

WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?! why is that a feature. if someone on the other team is pwning you, just kick them! its built right into the game, you don't even need a drophack!

i mean, i know you guys wanted to simplify dota so that you only needed to open one program to play it instead of list checker, garena etc. but did a drophacking program's functionality really need to be included? honestly.

im not even sure i can play this game anymore after what happened - its just plain wrong.

So, take that feature out. or at least make it so that you need CONSENSUS from everyone (but that person) in the game, including the other team. make it so they have to click the button, too - abstaining shouldn't count as a vote to kick since sometimes you don't notice the little vote flag in the top.

i try and i try but no amount of sad faces can express my dissatisfaction right now.

Account Icon
    Not sure how this works in 3v3 games but in 5v5 games you require 8 votes at least to kick.

Sounds to me like your "friends on Skype" voted to kick your ass out.

^_-;

Account Icon
    Yup, your friends kicked you. Votekick requires 100% of the other players to vote.

Account Icon
    I'm pretty sure one if not both of your friends voted to kick you.

no they did not. i was talking to both at the time. we were talking about a food festival next weekend at the time. they didn't vote to kick me. they may not have voted at all, thats what im afraid of: if someone isn't paying attention, or isnt noticed in the top corner, someone could be kicked!

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOne View Post
    no they did not. i was talking to both at the time. we were talking about a food festival next weekend at the time. they didn't vote to kick me. they may not have voted at all, thats what im afraid of: if someone isn't paying attention, or isnt noticed in the top corner, someone could be kicked!
    If they didn't kick you, and the vote needs everyone minus one to pass, then why were you kicked?

Perhaps, improbable as it is, they both hit the thumbs up without really knowing what it was or just to get it out of the way without thinking about it.