I've been playing DotA since 2005 and Banlist is something I've always considered important to improve the quality of the game for myself. HoN's ingame banlist has been down for a while now and even when it was up it lacked considerably.
I've developed a Banlist application that's outside HoN in C++ and am looking for suggestions on features. It's possible there's no interest in such a tool, which is why I'm posting this to see if there is.
These are the current features:
* List with players you've recently played with.
* If a banned player joins your game, a sound will play and the chat ingame will say that the user is banned and why if you specified this. This is only visible to the banlist host.
* Ability to search the banlist for parts of a name or full names.
* Sorting by date and name.
* Ability to sync your banlist with friends automatically as you use it.
* Lightweight and doesn't take up much space. The list itself is compressed.
* It catches ingame /banlist add commands. This is optional.
* Outputs a message into the chat when a banned user is detected. This is optional.
Requests (mannered ones..) will be seen to and any suggestions are appreciated.
If not already done.. if would be cool if there was a very simple way to add someone to your list
using an in-game button.
like adding a UI button by people names after the game ended under match Stats (where you can see the replay)