Thread: colors and larger text

Account Icon

colors and larger text

Plz plz plz plz make colored descriptions (Like Damage for a spell in red and manacost blue) and the UI text larger. That's all I ask.

Account Icon
    i second this.

Account Icon
    I do think all text should be larger, or at least bolded. Warcraft III's font size/thickness is very good and readable, however I find over and over again I have to squint to see HoN's tooltips/descriptions.

I asked for this a couple weeks back. I never got a response, but I found a solution on my own.

Quick and Dirty Instructions:
    Open the resources0.s2z in your HoN folder with 7-zip or similar program. extract the core_en.resources file (or es, fr, etc. depending on your language) and open it with a text editor. Basically, this file contains all the font size settings for the game. Change the "size" values to whatever you think might be comfortable. Save the file and replace the one inside resources0.s2z with your custom one. Be warned though, the rest of the UI does NOT scale, so sometimes the text runs over (its fairly rare, though). I found that bumping everything up by two points makes a good difference, but YMMV.

Here's just a portion of what my edited core_en.resources looks like:
    Code:
    <fontface file="/core/fonts/game.ttf">
            <fontmap name="dyn_6" size="10" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_7" size="10" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />        
            <fontmap name="dyn_8" size="10" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_9" size="11" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_10" size="12" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_11" size="13" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_12" size="14" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_14" size="16" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
            <fontmap name="dyn_16" size="18" dynamic_fontsize="true" baseresolution="768" axis="y" />
        </fontface>
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Corvias; 08-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I agree that HoN's fonts are really small and fairly difficult to read even on my 23 inch.

Account Icon
    +1 h4x, it's a bit to "white" in the spell description