What does it do?
Players can place a logo in the spectator HUD and customize it very easily.
Why should they do that? Because it looks like a logo of a TV channel or like the Honcast-logo at http://honcast.com/
How does it work?
You just have to place a logo (it must use the tga-format and be named logo.tga) into your mods folder (e.g. C:\Games\Heroes of Newerth\game\mods) and you are good to go. From now on the logo can be altered ingame! Amazing, isn't it?
Setup (this part is important!)
- After installing the mod, place your logo into the mods folder and start the game.
- Start a practice match OR open a replay (if you choose to open a replay, you have to switch to the view of a single player instead of using the "Spectator" view).
- Click on the Movable Frames-button (in the options menu under "Mods" - press F6 or F10 and choose the options icon at the left top to get there)
- Hit the "Reset"-button
- Customize your logo (move it, resize it and/or toggle the visibility by checking or un-checking the "Spectator Logo"-box in the frame list)
- Click Done
- Open the console (press Ctrl+F8)
- Type in "reloadinterfaces" (without the "") and hit Enter. Then wait.
- Close the console (press F8) and you are good to go.
Creating a transparent logo.tga with GIMP and configuring it ingame
Creating a transparent logo.tga with Photoshop and configuring it ingame
Gimme some Screenshots!
Example Screenshot featuring Whaleman
Example configuration of the logo
- a replaceable whaleman logo invading your spectator screen - O M G, I am a god of a modder
- customizable via the ingame interface - thanks to movable frames
- autoupdate, wohoo
Why the hell?
I just felt like getting into the HoN-modding thing. To be honest I know about the lack of interest in this mod, but I am okay with this, since it's more practice than a serious mod.
Retard OP, where is da linkz?
Here it is (.honmod)
.s2z nerds go to Hell...bringer
0.7 - fixed for latest version of HoN
0.6 - fixed a bug with the initialization of the logo
0.5 - Complete rework
* removed use of the mod options framework
* added use of movable frames
* logo can now be customized via the ingame interface
0.4 - Compatibility for the latest HoN version
0.3 - Compatibility for the latest mod options framework
0.2 - Support for 0.3.0.2
Last edited by BASH; 07-14-2011 at 05:09 AM.
You should give credit to the owners of Whaleman, in my opinion. They probably have some copyright shizzle on it.
Whaleman is pretty much a logo for the upcoming game by Wolfire. This might give you some insight.
I'm just sayin'!
Former member of Off-Topic
August 5th, 2009
October 27th, 2011
Updated for 0.3.0.2
0.3 - Updated to work with the latest mod options framework.
Does this Mod work with the newest version of HoN? I'm having a bit of trouble with it unfortunately :/
I see whaleman, but can't seem to change the logo
Fixed. Thanks for the mod
Last edited by Sn00py2gos; 04-21-2010 at 10:38 PM.
My Stream, where you can ask questions about anything HoN/HoN Tour related
HonTour Admin. PM with any questions.
make this into a mod like eepanels2 (a mod that allows you to import files into hon and move them around) for UI customization
Link pls ( I didn't find anything useful by using the search).
Most likely it will just work for ingame UI and not in the spectator view.
I will implement movable frames to set the values in the practice mode (I honestly don't know, why I didn't do that earlier).
eepanels2 is a (now abandoned) World of Warcraft addon - replaced by "kgPanels" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8sGfa5Sd8.
Which allowed you to store your texture files (.tga with Alpha layer) in your WoW Interface folder - and then access them from the Ingame addon, so you could customize your UI with awesom grapichs
I don't get why this would be necessary in this case.
You just have to place your logo.tga in the mods folder and set the size and position ingame.
I completely reworked the mod.
Now you can configure the logo by using Movable Frames (which is necessary to run the mod).
trying to get this to work..
when i try it it shows nothing.
and when i check on Movable frames it says "spectator logo" in the up left corner..but i cant move it or do anything with it.
How would I go about adding my own logo and actually seeing it?
Ah, sorry. xD
Press "Reset" in the movable frames menu, this should help.
okay, after doing a fresh installation I ran into the same issue.
I will look into it.
edit: FIXED! Update the mod via the Mod Manager and press the "Reset"-button in the list of movable frames. Don't forget to enter "reloadinterfaces" in the console after you are done with the changes.
Last edited by BASH; 08-13-2010 at 11:13 PM.